What's new

Featured Chinese arrive in Argentina to negotiate sale of 12 JF-17 fighters

I

3 generation above? You think Argentina is flying Wright Brothers?

Jf17 block 3 is a 4,5 gen plane, just 0.5 generation behind F35.
Well they have about 23 A4's and 6 IA63. So I don't know how they are becoming superior to anything that RAF will field for defending the Falklands - this too when they have 4 EF2000 permanently on station in the Falklands.

Compared to what they will be facing - it will be like the Wright Brothers flying again.

Okay, so it is a real question that many people wonder about. You say, the question was NOT asked when Pakistan sold the plane to Nigeria. Makes sense because it is supposed to be Pakistan's plane. So when Pakistan sells Pakistan's plane nobody questions it. Some might even have said good job, bet Nigeria will buy a hundred more....don't know who that person was. When China sells what is supposed to be Pakistan's plane people, large numbers of them, ask what is going on.

Aren't the Eurofigher, Typhoon or Rafale corporate or corporate conglomerate planes? If Rafale is sold isn't it the French based defence firm Dassault doing the selling NOT France?
Result I don't think of the county as doing the selling. It is the corporation.

anyways, must not understand.
Troll its a joint venture how it's possible that one partner won't agrees to sell it to specific country like for example PAKISTAN want to sell it to Taiwan Will CHINA allowed it? Or China want to sell it to Israel does Pakistan Will allow

Ànd Rafale solely design ànd DEVELOP by France ànd dassult

Okay, so it is a real question that many people wonder about. You say, the question was NOT asked when Pakistan sold the plane to Nigeria. Makes sense because it is supposed to be Pakistan's plane. So when Pakistan sells Pakistan's plane nobody questions it. Some might even have said good job, bet Nigeria will buy a hundred more....don't know who that person was. When China sells what is supposed to be Pakistan's plane people, large numbers of them, ask what is going on.

It is "supposed to be" and always has been a joint venture between the two countries with the 'split' split right down the middle. I don't believe you did not know this.

Aren't the Eurofigher, Typhoon or Rafale corporate or corporate conglomerate planes? If Rafale is sold isn't it the French based defence firm Dassault doing the selling NOT France?
Result I don't think of the county as doing the selling. It is the corporation.

anyways, must not understand.

I don't know of any weapons sale in the world that was made that way. The country of origin and its government are always the middlemen. I've given you at least five reference points, one only a few days old. Any other weapons sale from anywhere else in the world would suffice as well.

It is "supposed to be" and always has been a joint venture between the two countries with the 'split' split right down the middle. I don't believe you did not know this.

I don't know of any weapons sale in the world that was made that way. The country of origin and its government are always the middlemen. I've given you at least five reference points, one only a few days old. Any other weapons sale from anywhere else in the world would suffice as well.

Compare it to how the Eurofighter, Typhoon, Rafale jet group worked, works.

They are more or less the same planes. Once the nations get the technology they break into smaller groups and have their product to sell.
France buys the Rafale...Dassault makes and sells the Rafale.
UK....
Germany/Italy/Spain (or whoever they are)....

The country that has a particular version of the plane built is from where that plane is sold from.

joint delegation to make a pitch for sale anywhere.
No we can't afford to jeopardize our relationship with britain hence why chinese are selling them a different version of FC-1B3 which is not related to Pakistan in any capacity, however that being said the profits will be shared among our two nations.

No we can't afford to jeopardize our relationship with britain hence why chinese are selling them a different version of FC-1B3
This sounds more plausible than other reasons quoted in this thread.
When we want to create distance due to political or diplomatic reasons.
Yeah. That appears to be the case here.

This sell has got geopolitical ramifications. Falkland Island comes to mind. There is not much info available on block 3, but even block 1 and 2 got serious standoff capabilities both over land (Proven during OP swift retort) and the sea.

Pakistan didn’t send a delegation as to not ruin its relations with Britain, that does not mean the aircraft Argentina is buying will not be built in Pakistan, it will, since that’s where the assembly line is. The entire marketing and deal process for the Nigerian JFs was done by Pakistan, as there was no such issue there. So it’s not a issue with China selling “Pakistans” jet, it’s just a matter of preserving international relations.

It will have Chinese Ejection seats instead of Martin-Baker ones, as in the Ones sold to Myanmar. The profits of JF-17 are split 50-50 between Pakistan and China. And no, Pakistan or China cannot sell This aircraft without permission from each other, the ownership of the project is often cited to be “51-49” in Pakistans favor, in a symbolic way of course. Since Pakistan is the largest operator and producer of these aircraft. But it is a joint project after all.

No we can't afford to jeopardize our relationship with britain hence why chinese are selling them a different version of FC-1B3 which is not related to Pakistan in any capacity, however that being said the profits will be shared among our two nations.
Any more info on this? Sounds something like the Su-30 sm which used inputs from the su-30 mki program to develop a similar platform without having indian involvement.
If that is the case then what really will be the profit sharing here? Any sources?

Compare it to how the Eurofighter, Typhoon, Rafale jet group worked, works.

They are more or less the same planes. Once the nations get the technology they break into smaller groups and have their product to sell.
France buys the Rafale...Dassault makes and sells the Rafale.
UK....
Germany/Italy/Spain (or whoever they are)....

The country that has a particular version of the plane built is from where that plane is sold from.
What's you smoking I didn't get your Contradictory Post such a stupid post doesn't makes any sense

Any more info on this? Sounds something like the Su-30 sm which used inputs from the su-30 mki program to develop a similar platform without having indian involvement.
If that is the case then what really will be the profit sharing here? Any sources?
You're comparing apples and oranges.
Su30 is a Russian plane while jeffs on the other hand are joint venture between Pakistan and China. We own more than 50% shares. China can sell them to whoever they want and we'd be getting our share from profits. I doubt India even receives a penny from sukhoi sales.

Members of the export company CATIC arrived in the country this week with a proposal to equip the Air Force with supersonic-capable aircraft

Following the retirement of its latest Dassault Mirage III in 2015, the Argentine Air Force is out of supersonic fighter jets in its fleet and has been using subsonic A-4 attack aircraft while negotiating the purchase of intercept aircraft.

After negotiations with Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) failed to offer the FA-50, Argentina has received offers from Russia, which includes the MiG-35, and from China.

In this case, the aircraft involved is the JF-17 fighter, produced in partnership with Pakistan, which is its largest operator. According to the country’s press, the Chinese export company CATIC intends to close an agreement for the supply of 12 fighters. For that purpose a delegation is in Argentina this week, according to the Zona Militar website.

Among the places to be visited by the Chinese are the facilities of FADEA, an Argentine aircraft manufacturer, which may be involved in a potential assembly of the fighters.

British veto
The option for the MiG-35 and JF-17 fighters comes after a British government veto prevents the sale of South Korean planes, which are equipped with avionics produced in the United Kingdom.

Like the MiG, the JF-17 uses an engine of Russian origin, the RD-39, a variant developed from the RD-33 used by the MiG-35. The Chinese fighter, however, is lighter and less capable of carrying weapons.

Nigerian Air Force JF-17
Despite this, the JF-17 Thunder has sufficient performance to carry out the interceptor fighting mission. It can reach Mach 1.6 and has a combat radius of up to 1,352 km.

The fighter has seven hardpoints that can receive from infrared-guided air-to-air missiles to air-to-surface and anti-ship weaponry, as well as bombs and cannons.

Currently, the JF-17 is operated by Pakistan (138 fighters), Myanmar (16 on order) and Nigeria, which received its first three planes in 2021.

After the Falkland debacle, Argentina needs small agile aircraft. So, this plane fits in their combat requirements and budget.

You're comparing apples and oranges.
Su30 is a Russian plane while jeffs on the other hand are joint venture between Pakistan and China. We own more than 50% shares. China can sell them to whoever they want and we'd be getting our share from profits. I doubt India even receives a penny from sukhoi sales.
I was comparing it more in terms with using a fighter with foreign collaboration to in turn build a totally local built one. What you said before sounded more on those lines. In any case please give sources if any.

What's you smoking I didn't get your Contradictory Post such a stupid post doesn't makes any sense

put it in car terms then. When Ford and Mazda shared the Ford Ranger. Mazda didn't sell the Ford Ranger in Mazda showrooms. Mazda made some changes and sold the Mazda B-series.
Geo Metro/Pontiac Firefly/Suzuki Swift...all more or less the same car...Pontiac didn't sell a Suzuki Swift.
This is what everyone constantly sees in the world.
JF-17 is Pakistan's plane (China doesn't buy the JF-17, right?). China should be selling something different.
Result everyone keeps asking, "Why is China selling Pakistan's plane?"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom