What's new

Featured Chinese arrive in Argentina to negotiate sale of 12 JF-17 fighters

Do what? You don't have the capability or the guts to take Taiwan.
And I am waiting for democratic western world and India to acknowledge Taiwan as Independent instead of one China policy. Maybe they don't dare?

Why kowtow to PRC China? :enjoy:
I thought the JF-17 was a Pakistani made jet? Why are the Chinese selling Pakistan's jet?
Who told you JF-17 is a Pakistanis jet only?

JF-17-Block-3.jpg

It is only flame bait to you because it affects your ego.
It is a real issue for a product that Pakistan is supposed to be a part of. Better response would have been, Yeah, we should be there too. But nope.

Hardly. "I thought the JF-17 was a Pakistani made jet? Why are the Chinese selling Pakistan's jet?". The childish jibe wasn't as masterfully disguised as you might think. We've had two decades of these desperate Indian attempts, we can smell it before you spell it.

Apart from the fact that the question has been answered at least a couple hundred times on the forum. At least a dozen times in the past couple of days alone. Was also asked when China sold it to Myanmar, but not when Pakistan sold it to Nigeria or tried to sell it to Malaysia, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Sri Lanka, and Turkey. Also not when the Typhoon was sold to Egypt and Kuwait by Italy, and to the Saudis, Qatar and Oman by the Brits.

Last edited:
Hope PAC can at least get a billion or two out of this. What are the profit sharing %ages??

It is only flame bait to you because it affects your ego.
It is a real issue for a product that Pakistan is supposed to be a part of. Better response would have been, Yeah, we should be there too. But nope.
How do you know Pakistan is not part of team? So u are suggesting when Pakistan delegate are promoting JF-17 to royal malaysian air force. China is completely left out and not involved?
Hope PAC can at least get a billion or two out of this. What are the profit sharing %ages??
How do u know the profit is not share?

Since JF-17 is a joint endeavour of Pakistan and China, it should have been a joint delegation to make a pitch for sale anywhere.

If it is a Chinese delegation that is negotiating then how would it ensure equitable distribution of manufacturing and other aspects of the deal.

All jointly developed aircraft in the world are jealously negotiated by the all the partners to ensure that they get a fair share of the fruits during initial development and any sale later.
When we want to create distance due to political or diplomatic reasons. We let the Chinese do it. In the end work and profits will be shared anyways. Same happened in Myanmar’s case.

It’s a tag team :D

I believe the real big reason this time is CATIC going for the deal is to reduce further unease for Pakistan and UK r/s.

China side has no worry about selling JF-17 to argentina that can threaten UK.

I am sure UK will send a foreign delegate to Pakistan to dissuade the deal. All Pakistan need to say is, this deal is between China and Argentina. We can't do anything. While Pakistan side will still enjoy half the profit bag from this deal...

A win win situation

I believe the real big reason this time is CATIC going for the deal is to reduce further unease for Pakistan and UK r/s.

I am sure UK will send a foreign delegate to Pakistan to dissuade the deal. All Pakistan need to say is, this deal is between China and Argentina. We can't do anything. While Pakistan side will still enjoy half the profit bag from this deal...

A win win situation
Same as with Myanmar. Like I said, it’s a Pak-China tag team strategy and very effective as we can see :D

If it is a Chinese delegation that is negotiating then how would it ensure equitable distribution of manufacturing and other aspects of the deal.

The "equitable distribution of manufacturing and other aspects", including the respective share in the profits, was negotiated and ensured before the first aircraft went into production a decade and a half ago. It does not get revised with every new order.

All jointly developed aircraft in the world are jealously negotiated by the all the partners to ensure that they get a fair share of the fruits during initial development and any sale later.

No they are not.

Eurofighter Typhoon procurement

A win win situation
On equipment alone UK is 3 generations ahead of anything Argentina can put up.
Even after this deal is finalised UK will be 1.5 Generations ahead of Argentina. That paired with the fact that training and maintenance are shoddy in Argentine military.

China will not only have to first sell these but then maintain and fly them as well to have any kind of threat to UK interests in the region.

I
On equipment alone UK is 3 generations ahead of anything Argentina can put up.
Even after this deal is finalised UK will be 1.5 Generations ahead of Argentina. That paired with the fact that training and maintenance are shoddy in Argentine military.

China will not only have to first sell these but then maintain and fly them as well to have any kind of threat to UK interests in the region.

3 generation above? You think Argentina is flying Wright Brothers?

Jf17 block 3 is a 4,5 gen plane, just 0.5 generation behind F35.

Hardly. "I thought the JF-17 was a Pakistani made jet? Why are the Chinese selling Pakistan's jet?". The childish jibe wasn't as masterfully disguised as you might think. We've had two decades of these desperate Indian attempts, we can smell it before you spell it.

Apart from the fact that the question has been answered at least a couple hundred times on the forum. At least a dozen times in the past couple of days alone. Was also asked when China sold it to Myanmar, but not when Pakistan sold it to Nigeria or tried to sell it to Malaysia, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Sri Lanka, and Turkey. Also not when the Typhoon was sold to Egypt and Kuwait by Italy, and to the Saudis, Qatar and Oman by the Brits.

Okay, so it is a real question that many people wonder about. You say, the question was NOT asked when Pakistan sold the plane to Nigeria. Makes sense because it is supposed to be Pakistan's plane. So when Pakistan sells Pakistan's plane nobody questions it. Some might even have said good job, bet Nigeria will buy a hundred more....don't know who that person was. When China sells what is supposed to be Pakistan's plane people, large numbers of them, ask what is going on.

Aren't the Eurofigher, Typhoon or Rafale corporate or corporate conglomerate planes? If Rafale is sold isn't it the French based defence firm Dassault doing the selling NOT France?
Result I don't think of the county as doing the selling. It is the corporation.

anyways, must not understand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom