What's new

Chinese Arab people

I did not say they should be. Just that the evidence given is not supportive of the conclusion we are drawing.
How can you be sure about muslim country not attacking china. Or china might attack a muslim country.

I don't believe that neither India or China will ever be aggressor, no matter how strong they will be.

I don't believe that neither India or China will ever be aggressor, no matter how strong they will be.

How can you be so sure India won't be an aggressor, following the logic of this hindu guy?

VVV

I did not say they should be. Just that the evidence given is not supportive of the conclusion we are drawing.
How can you be sure about muslim country not attacking china. Or china might attack a muslim country.

India was aggressor in 71 and china many times.

Now Pakistan has the nukes ,so India is deterred (;

I doubt India will risk its economic rise, if you know what I mean.

China is a Muslim-friendly nation :omghaha:

Thank you a lot. Very interesting. Will definitely take a more through look at it. Yes, old poems are really impressive. You don't see such masterpieces very often anymore.

It is quite funny to think that those Mongolian barbarians, sorry for my language but they are often described as that in Arab/Islamic/European sources, after burning down Baghdad (including the Bayt al-Hikma which at that time was the biggest library in the world) which was the most advanced city at that time and the capital of the Abbasid Caliphate, later converted to Islam in great numbers - at least those who settled outside of Mongolia.

We all know the Mughal Empire who where Mongolian converts to Islam who later settled in Northern India. Who would have thought that in the beginning?

Also it would be quite interesting to know what would have happened if the Chinese had converted to Islam? Maybe the Chinese influence would be even bigger and extent outside the Mongoloid world? I thought about alternative history a few times and it would be interesting to know how states would have developed if they took a different path than they took.

Anyway:

2ly1mz5.jpg

:china:

KingMamba93:

Unfortunately not. Been busy with studies and sitting here. Really need another ban, LOL! Just waiting for the holidays after Wednesday. Will have to read more about China. Planning to visit very soon.

Bro did you know it was a Muslim Mongol Khan who declared jihad on the khan who burned Baghdad that defeated his own cousin and finally ended Mongol expand westward? :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berke#Berke-Hulagu_War

"He (Hulagu) has sacked all the cities of the Muslims, and has brought about the death of the Caliph. With the help of God I will call him to account for so much innocent blood." (see The Mongol Warlords, quoting Rashid al-Din's record of Berke Khan's pronouncement; this quote is also found in The Mamluk-Ilkhanid War)

Before his succession, He also complained Batu "We helped Möngke to enthrone. But he forgot who the enemy is or friend is. Now, he is starving the lands of our friend Caliph. It is abject". It is notable that Berke Khan kept his promise, allying himself with the Mamluks, (Berke sought an alliance with the Mamluk sultan Baibars against Hulagu) and when Hulagu returned to his lands in 1262, after the succession was finally settled with Kublai as the last Great Khan, and massed his armies to avenge Ain Jalut and attack the Mamluks, Berke Khan initiated a series of raids in force which drew Hulagu north to meet him. This was the first open conflict between Mongols, and signaled the end of the unified empire.

Aftermath[edit]

As Berke sought to cross the Kura river to attack Hulagu's son, Abaqa Khan, he fell ill and died sometime between 1266 and 1267.[4] He was succeeded by his grandnephew, Mengu-Timur. The policy of alliance with the Mamluks, and containment of the Ilkhanate, was continued by Mengu-Timur. Many historians[5] are in agreement that the intervention by Berke against Hulagu saved the remainder of the "Holy Land", including Mecca and Jerusalem, from the same fate as Baghdad.

The greatest threat to Islam was thus defeated. God works in mysterious ways.

Allahu Akbar

Muslim country will never attack China so Chinese Muslims should always be looked at suspiciously? :coffee:

All of the Mongol Khans, except the ones ruling China (the Yuan dynasty) converted to Islam. The Mongol Khans ruling China remained Shamanist or Tibetan Buddhist, they brought many Muslims to China but it bit them back when the Muslims rebelled against them in the Ispah Rebellion.

The Muslim Mongol Khanate closest to China, the Chagatai Khanate also eventually became an enemy of the Yuan and when the Yuan Mongols were driven out it didn't affect relations at all.

A Chagatai prince even sent soldiers and support to Mi Layin and Ding Guodong's Ming loyalists against the invading Manchus.

What about Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar? Do they have nukes?

Eh? Why would India risk destroying its image? As well as economic rise?

I hardly think that would be possible.

Eh? Why would India risk destroying its image? As well as economic rise?

I hardly think that would be possible.

Conquering Goa and Sikkim boosted India's image. A piece of land is an asset which contributes to the state's wealth.

@Wholegrain,

Are the Hazaras of Afghanistan descendants of Mongols or are they autochthonous? Do you have any knowledge about this debate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Did I not mention this stuff on this thread already?

Uyghur separatists? Are they not Muslim? (Even though their leader Ehmetjan Qasim was a Soviet puppet). The Uyghur separatist uprisings were put down by Hui soldiers.

There has never been a situation where there is entirely Muslims against Non Muslims in China's wars.

In the Chagatai Khanate in the Tarim basin (southern xinjiang), the Chagatai Khan (descended from Genghis Khan) ruled as the secular leader, the Khoja (sayyids) ruled as the religious leaders, over a sedentary Turkic Muslim population (later to becme the uyghurs). There were two Khoja factions, the Aqtaghlik and Qarataghliks.

The Chagatai Khan and the Qarataghlik kicked the Aqtaghlik out. The Aqtaghlik went running to the Buddhist Dzunghars in Dzungharia (modern northern Xinjiang). The Buddhist Dzunghar Khanate then attacked and conquered the Muslim Chagatai Khanate and installed the Aqtaghlik as their puppets.

China then declared war on the Dzunghars and helped the Qarataghlik and a Chagatai prince drive the Dzunghars and the Aqtaghlik out, massacring most of the Dzunghars. The Chagatai prince and the Aqtaghliks then joined China and thats how Xinjiang came into China. The aqtaghlik continued to try to forment rebellion and regain their position but didn't succeed.

There were non Muslims and Muslims on both sides.

The 17th century author Pu Songling is believed to have been descended from one of the Arabs who took the surname Pu.

蒲松龄族属数说--《山东师范大å*¦å*¦æŠ¥(人文社会科å*¦ç‰ˆ)》1984å¹´04期

He wrote

聊齋誌異 (published in english as "Strange Stories from a Chinese Studio")

²áÂN»x²§ - ¶}©ñ¤å¾Ç

English version here

Strange stories from a Chinese studio : Pu, Sung-ling, 1640-1715 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

醒世姻緣傳 (published in english as "A Romance to Awaken the world")

¿ô¥@«Ã½t¶Ç - ¶}©ñ¤å¾Ç

This article is about the Pu.

http://www.zongen.com/news/article_News.aspx?id=80

Conquering Goa and Sikkim boosted India's image. A piece of land is an asset which contributes to the state's wealth.

@Wholegrain,

Are the Hazaras of Afghanistan descendants of Mongols or are they autochthonous? Do you have any knowledge about this debate?

I don't know about this, its very political because of ethnic tensions in Afghanistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom