What's new

Chinese Aero Engine information thread

It is official, the engine that used for both J-31 and UCAV is the WS-13.

But the WS-13 is just a temporary short term solution, since it was based on the Russian RD-93, that's why it is as smoky. China's long term goal is the WS-17.

Now, those so-called 'big shrimps' from CD can all commit the suicide. :cheesy: China won't even use the Russian engine for the J-31, yet the J-20 would use the Russian engine?

The engine of the J-31 resembles even more Russian than the J-20 engine, yet it is not Russian.

航空报国酬壮志 长天映照赤子心

It is official, the engine that used for both J-31 and UCAV is the WS-13.

But the WS-13 is just a temporary short term solution, since it was based on the Russian RD-93, that's why it is as smoky. China's long term goal is the WS-17.

Now, those so-called 'big shrimps' from CD can all commit the suicide. :cheesy: China won't even use the Russian engine for the J-31, yet the J-20 would use the Russian engine?

The engine of the J-31 resembles even more Russian than the J-20 engine, yet it is not Russian.

航空报国酬壮志 长天映照赤子心

How is it official?

I can't read Chinese yet, so can you tell me what source has said this?

Then learn how to read Chinese, since most Chinese official statements are written in Chinese.

I don't know it's true or not, the report in April, quite long ago.
But it's needed step for export. When CN done, they could start to marketing the aircrafts.

Actually, I'm headache with WS. ( RD-93 > WS13 > WS 17 ... Is WS-17 the stable variant ? )

I don't know it's true or not, the report in April, quite long ago.
But it's needed step for export. When CN done, they could start to marketing the aircrafts.

Because the J-31's maiden flight was in October 2012, and the UCAV was in 2013.

So in April 2015 they were already reporting these outcomes.

Actually, I'm headache with WS. ( RD-93 > WS13 > WS 17 ... Is WS-17 the stable variant ? )

No, the WS-17 is the fifth generation medium thrust turbofan engine, it is much more powerful than both WS-13 and RD-93.

And the WS-13 is just a slight improvement over the RD-93 with slightly greater thrust.

According to the same article,the Mianshan engine is also more or less ready for the L-15 jet trainer and future UAVs。:enjoy:

I hope those big shrimps from CD can do everyone a favor; just to kill themselves.

They are becoming a bunch of trolls on payroll with the purpose to harm China's national pride, and no one is going to trust them anymore.

Because the J-31's maiden flight was in October 2012, and the UCAV was in 2013.

So in April 2015 they were already reporting these outcomes.

No, the WS-17 is the fifth generation medium thrust turbofan engine, it is much more powerful than both WS-13 and RD-93.

And the WS-13 is just a slight improvement over the RD-93 with slightly greater thrust.

Which UCAV are we tlaking about? Soar Dragon?

Which UCAV are we tlaking about? Soar Dragon?

The Sharp Sword.

sharp_sword.jpg

How is it official?

I can't read Chinese yet, so can you tell me what source has said this?

It is official because of the style and occasion of the report and the fact that it appeared on the official website of AVIC:

记贵航发动机研究所韩冬:航空报国酬壮志_航空人物频道_新闻中心_中国航空新闻网_航空行业第一新闻门户_CANNEWS

Listen dude,Chinese readers can easily tell official news releases from speculations touted by military fanboyss or the so-called experts。:D

Listen dude,Chinese readers can easily tell official news releases from speculations touted by military fanboyss or the so-called experts。:D

The CD forum simply has the worst expert wannabes.

Now their bet is all losing, even the J-31 doesn't use the Russian engine, yet they expect the J-20 to use the Russian one?

But anyway, many of them are under the payroll of the foreigners, so to bash China is simply their job.

Now, this RD-93, WS-13 both lookalike, is indistinguishable from outside.
Makes one wonder if their is something similar for AL-31, maybe a lookalike clone says for eg. used by J-15?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom