What's new

Chinese Aero Engine information thread

http://bbs.wforum.com/upfile/images/20151001/20151001081620_36228_big.jpg

View attachment 261692

would the chart provide the clue to engines on j-20?

the chart describes the engine(ws-10-T?) was a scale-down version of ws15 using existing tech & materials to produce 14500kn. The exhaust nozzle is grey-black in color.

the designed thrust of ws-15a is 15600kn.

Honestly ... I have to admit I take them with a huge grain of salt most of all due to versions mentioned that I've never heard before and the J-11-numbers in other charts are wrong We have seen similar graphics from the same guy also regarding the J-11 production, engines and so on and

As such I would rate this as the author's personal deduction of Taihang and surely nothing official .... even more based on what we know, since most of all due to versions mentioned that I've never heard before and the J-11-numbers in other charts are wrong.

Deino

@cnleio i was told that the inner engine is a ws-20? im not sure, what is it?
34780_241111_936638.jpg

What is the life expectancy of Chinese engines...

American engines General Electric F414 have 6000 hrs

Russian engines RD-33 around 4000 hrs

Chinese WS-13 only 2000 hrs... Chinese have sacrificed life expectancy of aero engines to un-economical levels to achieve higher thrust
Where did you get your info from? From Indian or American source? Since when since Indian or American ever say true and good things about China?

Chinese WS-13 only 2000 hrs... Chinese have sacrificed life expectancy of aero engines to un-economical levels to achieve higher thrust

Hi,

Welcome to the forum---. The deduction of life cycle of chinese engine is not as simple as that.

But if it indeed is 2000 hours----then it is a big leap of engineering technology for china. 20 years ago---the F7PG engine was roughly around 500 hours----.

Once the engine gets into full service----then the true life cycle be determined. 2000 hours is not an uneconomical life cycle. If it gives the aircraft the needed power to compete---it has done its job----.

China's concern is a NOW concern----between 5 to 10 years from now---it will have engine with a life cycle of 4000 plus hours. Finance part of the engine is the least of concerns.

The numbers that you've quoted are from 2009, when the WS-13 hasn't even begun flight trials. It's almost a certainty that newer iterations of the engine would bear drastically improved specifications, even if the original numbers that you've posted were accurate.

WZ-16 will start to test on Z15 soon.
One thing for sure WZ-16 is just an civilian version of the already new engine equipped on newer batch of Z-10 gunship and Z-20 military transport helo. It probably has stricter demand like noise damping, less emission and more fuel efficiency in order to be met by demanding commercial requirement.

One thing for sure WZ-16 is just an civilian version of the already new engine equipped on newer batch of Z-10 gunship and Z-20 military transport helo. It probably has stricter demand like noise damping, less emission and more fuel efficiency in order to be met by demanding commercial requirement.

Again ... what's the source for this !??

It simply CAN't be like so many things You tell us in Your posts always without a source or even proof. An engine that is not ready in its original form can't already be used in a military development. Period.

The problem is again You only take the information You like, tell is a fact - to admit, I'm a nature scientist (chemistry) and have therefore a maybe different standard for telling something "for sure" - and all others, who question this piece of information or have a different opinion that does not fit Yours are bashed as being stupid, ignorant or a foreigner.

Deino

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom