What's new

Chinese Aero Engine information thread

I laughed so hard from this thread :omghaha:.

Not going to answer to all wrong post, but here some:

This is the most retarded compassion i even seen, you comparing engines of different size by using wrong data as well. Also, using some data for engines which is doesn't even exist :woot:

Also, about Chinese engines production:
In 2011 China ordered 150 engines AL-31F for Su-30 \ J-11 and signed contract for 123 AL-31FN for J-10B.

In 2012 China ordered second batch of another 140 AL-31F for Su-30\J-11.

Китай купил российских авиадвигателей на 700 миллионов долларов: Наука и техника: Lenta.ru

So yeah, chinese engines doesn't smoke, because they don't even fly. :laugh:

The comparison not "COMPASSION" is retarded because you don't seem to understand what others are trying to say.

Hence it is not difficult to understand why you are laughing so senselessly.

Well the data has a source, you are welcome to challenge them with your very accurate input.

We know China ordered 150 AL31F in 2011. As for the subsequent order in 2012, apart from Salyut nobody can confirmed it. So to me it was only a rumor.

As for your opinion, "Chinese engines does not fly", I bet you came to a conclusion Chinese designed aircraft does not fly as well.

We have no problem with that. The Qinling engines on the JH-7A Feibao must be yet another Russian made engine then. As you claimed Chinese engines does not fly. :(

2. The Russians, who are always quick to let the world know about the slightest Russian contribution to a Chinese project (e.g. being paid to sketch the general shape of the WZ-10 attack helicopter), have been very quiet. Everyone knows one set of engines is the AL-31. However, the Russians have not claimed ownership of the silver-nozzle variant. Hence, it is likely the silver-nozzle engines are Chinese.

Yep, the J-31 currently uses the Russian engine, and Russia Today has just reported it with no hesitation, but not with the J-20.

China’s 5G fighter to fly Russian jet engines — RT News

Come on, just because it has black nozzle, it doesn't mean it is the AL-31.

The petal pattern is completely different, and the AL-31 is clearly longer.

View attachment 257078

No, the pedals just fit nicely ! But just compare this engine and especially its inner structure - a WS-10A on a J-11BS - with the image above !

WS-10A close up.jpg

They are completely different ... ergo, the J-20's engine simply can't be a WS-10-derivate.

Deino

Last edited:
Let me admit, I am a newbie in these affairs, so please humbly correct me if wrong.

I recently saw a video of F22 taking off, and I was enamoured by its seemingly short take off, and manoeuvring capabilities.

Its engines also were so clean. The russian engines by comparison put out a lot of smoke.

I think many times people get too bogged down by vary crude measures of performance like maximum thrust etc, but don't bother to look down to quality issues.

At least one J-10B/C has been spotted flight-testing with the 14000kgf WS-10G。

Pics when available。

Here it is ... at least I would say YES !

.... but since Adam.Y was at CAC today ... he must have also seen '2016' and I'm sure there are more images to come.

J-10C + WS-10B reportedly - 18.9.15 vs. regular J-10B.jpg

There are not the same !

J-10B 1035 vs J-10C + WS-10B.jpg

No, the pedals just fit nicely ! But just compare this engine and especially its inner structure - a WS-10A on a J-11BS - with the image above !

View attachment 257704

They are completely different ... ergo, the J-20's engine simply can't be a WS-10-derivate.

Deino

That is a beautiful shot of the WS-10A but this is still an image of the early version short silver petals WS-10A and not the longer black noozle version which we are talking about.

Thanks

Here it is ... at least I would say YES !

.... but since Adam.Y was at CAC today ... he must have also seen '2016' and I'm sure there are more images to come.

View attachment 258071

There are not the same !

View attachment 258080

Do you believe my insider information of J-10B needing to fit WS-10B Taihang engine? I guess the photo says a thousand words.

J-10B are just waiting for this powerful 14000KN engine to be installed before formation. @Oscar too.

THere are tons of goodies info in Chinese language forum but you need to understand Chinese to pick the right one.

J-10B squadron is designed to compete with Typhoon and Rafale. Lacking supercruise or a powerful engine is as good as zero compare to J-10A. Just get a J-10A and fit a AESA. Why bother to make J-10B? The DSI and improved inlet is to make full advantage of the powerful WS-10B to achieved the best thrust and performance.

Last edited:
Do you believe my insider information of J-10B needing to fit WS-10B Taihang engine? I guess the photo says a thousand words.

J-10B are just waiting for this powerful 14000KN engine to be installed before information. @Oscar too. T

THere are tons of goodies info in Chinese language forum but you need to understand Chinese to pick the right one.

J-10B squadron is designed to compete with Typhoon and Rafale. Lacking supercruise or a powerful engine is as good as zero compare to J-10A. Just get a J-10A and fit a AESA. Why bother to make J-10B? The DSI and improved inlet is to make full advantage of the powerful WS-10B to achieved the best thrust and performance.

Indeed a good day but I never questioned the ability for the J-10B to use the TH ... I only think that the so far delivered ones are already operational with the old engine as an interim measure.

Deino

Indeed a good day but I never questioned the ability for the J-10B to use the TH ... I only think that the so far delivered ones are already operational with the old engine as an interim measure.

Deino

The AL-31F engine is mostly installed just to speed up the operational system and airframe of J-10B squadron. PLAAF top brass insist supercruise for J-10B is a must. That is the spec for a true 4.5th fighter.

2014年,他主持开展了某型中小推力加力发动机研制,完成了总体技术方案制定,完成了发动机设计发图,计划2015年实现首台发动机台架试车。同时,在前期工作基础上,中小推力非加力发动机将在2015年全面完成飞行前规定试验,并计划实现首飞。
Non-afterburn version of Minshan turbofan will start to test on the plane in 2015; while the after-burn version will set to fire for ground test in 2015, too.

Non-afterburn version of Minshan turbofan will start to test on the plane in 2015; while the after-burn version will set to fire for ground test in 2015, too.

It seems L-15 induction plan is screw up by Ukraine revolution. Fortunately, it will delay shortly only since Minshan engine might enter service in few years time. That is the price for supporting Russia.

Minshan, Minshan ... a small new turbofan ... but please just help me out !

Will it be a new - completely new - turbofan or a development of the Ukrainian Al-222-25 or Al-222-25F ?? ... and even more what WS-number will it have in service ?

Deino

It seems L-15 induction plan is screw up by Ukraine revolution. Fortunately, it will delay shortly only since Minshan engine might enter service in few years time. That is the price for supporting Russia.
I have heard that it may be installed on Xianglong UAV first

I have heard that it may be installed on Xianglong UAV first
Minshan, Minshan ... a small new turbofan ... but please just help me out !

Will it be a new - completely new - turbofan or a development of the Ukrainian Al-222-25 or Al-222-25F ?? ... and even more what WS-number will it have in service ?

Deino
Totally different one compared to AI-222-25, with larger thrust and T/W ratio. You can find the pictures on the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom