What's new

China's software industry revenue is 5+ times of India

Obviously, firewall is not important to avoid monopoly and those American companies which lose the Chinese market has little connection with the firewall. You can see when Google decided to leave China in 2010, the Google's market share is about 30%, less than half of the market share of Baidu, a local search engine. Ebay and Amazon entered into China early and there is no local companies with enough power to compete with, but now Taobao and Jindong dominate the most online business other than those western pioneers. There are also some other examples, like Yahoo vs Sina, MSN vs QQ and etc. All these are not the result of the firewall but the result of the free competition because there is no firewall when the competitions between these companies occurred in China.

But I will admit that the firewall benefits some local social media companies like Youku, Renren, Weibo and etc, their competitors like Youtube, Facebook and Twitter have been banned in mainland China due to some political reasons.
its not the firewall itself but the rules of china, as strong as even banning some western companies if has to be done

Back again to the topic.

China also have a strong gaming industry too, both local and foreign studio.

Several famous games developed in mainland:

Bioshock 2
Gears of War 2
Alice: Madness Returns
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Predator
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
SimCity Social
Dust 514
etc
Alice Madness returns was a very good game i enjoyed. I wish china would do more console games instead free to play rpgs.

I am aware of it, I meant to say now a days most of the Europeans countries (except France) prefer studying English as a second language.

So what? It's a fact that we don't use English everyday, not even in high English proficiency Netherlands or Scandinavia. so Indian speaking English well still means nothing to us because we only use our languages.

印度就是IT民工, 为国际品牌打工. 自己有什么国际品牌? 就像五星级的保安,搞的好像五星级饭店是他的.

So what? It's a fact that we don't use English everyday, not even in high English proficiency Netherlands or Scandinavia. so Indian speaking English well still means nothing to us because we only use our languages.

I've been to several technical conferences related to software in Germany and Belgium. All the talks including the key note addresses are in English only. Yes, Europeans are very proud of their culture and their languages but English acts as a bridge language for software developers. Almost all European software engineers I've met also speak English.

Yes, nobody do so but English is preferred while interacting with your clients from other countries.

I've been to several technical conferences related to software in Germany and Belgium. All the talks including the key note addresses are in English only. Yes, Europeans are very proud of their culture and their languages but English acts as a bridge language for software developers. Almost all European software engineers I've met also speak English.

Only France has till now resisting learning English. Previously, many Europeans preferred French as a second language but now most of them are switching to English as a preferred second language.

I'm talking about the end users. At least 90% of the end users don't use anything that is only English.

Yes, nobody do so but English is preferred while interacting with your clients from other countries.

Look at the answer above!

Indian software power consist of people like Sateya Nadella who is cutting American jobs and ship them to India. The same can be say about Indian industrial leaders. They are here to move the American jobs to India. So Indian industry would grow from these efforts.

Indian software power consist of people like Sateya Nadella who is cutting American jobs and ship them to India. The same can be say about Indian industrial leaders. They are here to move the American jobs to India. So Indian industry would grow from these efforts.

What they say about Chinese, bringing trillions of job to America. :girl_wacko:

I'm talking about the end users. At least 90% of the end users don't use anything that is only English.

Look at the answer above!

Yes, you claim you don't use English in business when all of us know English is a preferred language of interacting with foreign clients. Its only with the fashion among Chinese businessmen to carry a translator with them. ;)

Yes, you claim you don't use English in business when all of us know English is a preferred language of interacting with foreign clients. Its only with the fashion among Chinese businessmen to carry a translator with them. ;)

Are you that dense? How many of us use software that are completely in English? Even the business man who deals with foreign clients in English prefers to use German when he press the on button of his computer.

Are you that dense? How many of us use software that are completely in English? Even the business man who deals with foreign clients in English prefers to use German when he press the on button of his computer.

Seems you know nothing about softwares. :lol::lol: the English speaking software developers can create a software for any world language, only the display need basic translation. ;)

@Luca1 you know whatt is synonymous with chinese software ? substandard. chinese software is simply not good enough for those who can afforrd to pay for quality coding and manpower.chinese software is good enough for china and its client states only.

moreover, chinese origin people have been caughht stealing software, tech, deign programmes annd put behind bars. even the chinese govt. is in stealing software and data business.

better a satya nadella than a substandard thief..know what i mean ? we win in the long run ;)

Seems you know nothing about softwares. :lol::lol: the English speaking software developers can create a software for any world language, only the display need basic translation. ;)

But who in the world uses Indian software? Name me a few Indian softwares that are widely used in Europe! All you do is just back office and simple coding. I have many friends who are in software design and they indeed did outsource some works to India a few years ago and their experience were anything but pleasant. Now they outsource works to East Europe, mainly Baltic countries and Russia.

For back office, you guys just don't speak German, Dutch, Spanish or French.

Back
Top Bottom