What's new

China's newest fighter jet J-16 copy of Sukhoi Su-30MKK

Several Chinese guys always online ... Are you working ?

as some of 2 million online public security employed by China goverment ?

It's so fun to have the idea comparing 1940 AC with nowaday AC ... But the point is long long time ago, Japan used to make AC with large quantity, they're modern at that time.
And they know how to use them effectively to conquer the world ( at least they dominated well China, USA, Formosa, South east asia ... )

It must be nonsense to have the thinking that they have no experience in building more modern AC than 27 AC in WW2 ...
All research in military field of Japan in the dark ( because their limit of Constitution ), so their achievement seem to be derived from outside ... But it's not what you see ...
Let see what the accordingly effect after PM Shinzo Abe visit the war temple ... And after the Izumo aircraft carrier launched.

Someone worried about the ability to make nuke weapon of Japan, and their worry is understandable ...

It must be very very surprised to see the real achievement of them ...

For example, why they buy F35 with high price ? Because at initial, they agree to pay the development cost for it. So F35 is a Made by Japan too. Not what they just buy.
They make everybody think that Japan depends on outside supply but no.

Japan never give up what they ever good at, believe me !!!

Althought they have their limit, they could launch the satellite rocket effectively ... so now they are gaining their power, especially after the Constitution amendment.
And they collecting the support of several countries, incl. ASEAN

China say what they can dream of, whileas Japan say nothing at all, they keep doing something we dont know
So who is more dangerous.

Your claim is obviously simply based on your own assumption.
Could you show me Japan's budget in R&D for the military? and their activity in building modern and ultra advanced military equipments?

You can even see how China the communist country is building her very advanced weapon from ASAT, ASBM, ABM (HQ-9, HQ-16, etc), Aegis Destroyer, Super Carrier, LHD, GPS, stealth fighter, stealth bomber, stealth drone, advanced tanks, and many many more.

Saying that Japan is doing something we dont know absolutely means that you dont know at all what japan is doing in the military tech race. That means your claim is totally only asumptions.

Japan's ability in making izumo doesnt mean that Japan currently has ability to build modern super carrier! Japan has advanced ship building industry, therefore building LHD may not be too difficult for Japan. But Japan doenst have enough experience in making modern weapon and defence system.

Japan being inactive in weapon development after WW2 means that Japan has been out of the military tech race for almost 70 years. She has been left behind.

About J16, even the producer of it cannot make sure what you stated.
So same as I tell my son "Hey son, you must be a PM in your early career, have your own airplane and 1 billion USD in your account"
He could have some money in his account afterward but is it 1 billion or not, I dont know, pal !!!

Thats nonsense!

Recently Shenyang Aircraft Corp has exposed its new-type fighter jet J-16 and said that it is the most advanced fighter jet in Asia able to contend with Su-35.
Exposure of China’s New J-16 Fighter Jet, a Rival to Russia’s Su-35 | Tiananmen's Tremendous Achievements

It prove that you is not accountable with your claim, as your claim is simply based on your assumption and ignorance.

Is suspect he might be a white American flying the Vietnam flag trying to create distortion/friction bbetween Chinese and other countries forum member.

CIA agent has a lof of free time. The american are cunning.

Also don't forget those flying the Singaporean flag and the ROC flag, also some anti-China trolls who fly the PRC flag.

Your claim is obviously simply based on your own assumption.
Could you show me Japan's budget in R&D for the military? and their activity in building modern and ultra advanced military equipments?
Hire your hackers and ask CIA to answer you, pal. This is the military secret

You can even see how China the communist country is building her very advanced weapon from ASAT, ASBM, ABM (HQ-9, HQ-16, etc - are they not Russian weapon copies ? ), Aegis Destroyer, Super Carrier, LHD, GPS, stealth fighter, stealth bomber, stealth drone, advanced tanks, and many many more. Many more of copying - acceptable for you but not to be proud of

Saying that Japan is doing something we dont know absolutely means that you dont know at all what japan is doing in the military tech race. That means your claim is totally only asumptions. Study Sun Tzu again, assumption is a must have, don't make you surprise to realize what they actually have after you declare a war to them pal ...

Japan's ability in making izumo doesnt mean that Japan currently has ability to build modern super carrier! Japan has advanced ship building industry, therefore building LHD may not be too difficult for Japan. But Japan doenst have enough experience in making modern weapon and defence system. ( nonsense and Izumo means that they are easy to regain their power as they were before, they are different from you, to make an small carrier like Izumo for testing the response of others before they could advance into bigger one ... in this aspect your Liaoning is not what you done with your ability, to have another Liaoning you need 10 years more. I read that China anger to the move of Japan with Izumo, but you are happy ? )

Japan being inactive in weapon development after WW2 ( who is nonsense ) means that Japan has been out of the military tech race for almost 70 years. She has been left behind.

How long for you to make your first stealth aircraft ? Japan exposed their more advanced stealth aircraft. Does it start active again since yesterday? too fast or they researched in secret long time ago? How about their submarines ? How about Satellite launcher ? Name a few
If an inactive could do those huge advance, you should learn from their inactive performance ...
You need them to publicize their budget for military in order to identify whether they active or inactive ? Nonsense

Thats nonsense!

Recently Shenyang Aircraft Corp has exposed its new-type fighter jet J-16 and said that it is the most advanced fighter jet in Asia able to contend with Su-35. ( exposed and said ... LOL )
Exposure of China’s New J-16 Fighter Jet, a Rival to Russia’s Su-35 | Tiananmen's Tremendous Achievements

It prove that you is not accountable with your claim, as your claim is simply based on your assumption and ignorance.

My comment in blue text
Your China spirit not so strong, that why you always have to exaggerate your ability, but the sword has two edges, once you enter the real combat and find your real ability lower than enemy, your spirit down rapidly .. pal !!!
Any Vietnam troop always has in mind that we are less developed than enemy ... we must prepare for smart strategy to make our weaker force won stronger enemy

Last edited:
ChineseTiger, is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

Why you under estimate the Japanese ? Japan themselve can make more advanced aircraft carrier than Russia .... if they have no limit ...
You chinese know that US is the most advanced on it, but you cannot get it from US so Varyag is the only choice ...

Japanese experience in submarine also richer than Russia ...

Let study again Sun Tzu pal

Seriously , you really think Jap has richer experience in Sub than Ru ?

You are not Russia, aren't you?

Sunken Japanese WWII submarine found off coast of Hawaii
Denise Chow LiveScience
Dec. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM ET

2D9858347-japanese-sunken-submarine.blocks_desktop_large.jpeg

YouTube screengrab / Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory
A sunken Japanese Sen Toku-class submarine from World War II was discovered off the coast of Oahu in Hawaii.
A World War II-era Japanese submarine that had been captured and intentionally sunk by U.S. forces was discovered earlier this year in its watery tomb. The massive submarine, lost underwater since 1946, was found off the coast of the Hawaiian island of Oahu.

Researchers at the Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory (HURL), headquartered at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu, located the missing I-400 submarine off Oahu's southwest coast, sitting more than 2,300 feet (700 meters) below sea level. The sub was found in August, but the researchers just announced their finding this week.

The I-400 was one of the Imperial Japanese Navy's Sen Toku-class submarines, which were the largest submarines ever built before the age of nuclear-powered subs. These massive vessels were longer than a football field, and were used as submarine aircraft carriers. The subs were capable of carrying up to three float-plane bombers underwater, but were designed to rise quickly to the surface, launch aircraft and then dive underwater again before enemies could detect them. [7 Technologies That Transformed Warfare]

The Japanese Navy intended to amass an entire fleet of Sen Toku-class submarines, but by the end of World War II, only three had been built.

"The I-400 had been on our 'to-find' list for some time," Terry Kerby, HURL's operations director and chief submarine pilot, said in a statement. "Finding it where we did was totally unexpected. All our research pointed to it being farther out to sea."

2D9858411-japanese-submarine-discovery.blocks_desktop_medium.jpeg

Courtesy of NOAA HURL archives
The Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory's Pisces V submersible at the deck of the I-400 submarine.
Underwater treasuresHURL researchers have been using manned submersibles to hunt for submarines and other sunken historical artifacts since 1992. The I-400 discovery resulted from a series of dives funded through a grant from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Office of Exploration and Research and the University of Hawaii at Manoa's School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology.

Kerby described his excitement when sonar instruments identified what appeared to be a massive underwater wreck. "It was a thrill when the view of a giant submarine appeared out of the darkness," he said.

Before the invention of Sen Toku-type vessels, submarines were used almost exclusively to sink surface ships and other submarines in stealth underwater attacks.

"The innovation of air strike capability from long-range submarines represented a tactical change in submarine doctrine," James Delgado, director of NOAA's Maritime Heritage Program in Washington, D.C., said in a statement. "The large I-400, with its extended range and ability to launch three M6A1 Seiran strike aircraft, was clearly an important step in the evolution of submarine design."

The mammoth I-400 submarines had a range of 37,500 miles (60,300 km), and could circumnavigate the globe one-and-a-half times without needing to refuel.

And while the submarines were built to carry planes to bomb the U.S. mainland, none ended up being used for their designed missions during the war, Delgado said. Still, the mega-subs were instrumental in shaping the future of submarine design, he added.

"The I-400 is technologically significant due to the design features associated with its large watertight hangar," Delgado said. "Following World War II, submarine experimentation and design changes would continue in this direction, eventually leading to ballistic missile launching capabilities for U.S. submarines at the advent of the nuclear era."

Historical legacyAt the end of World War II, the U.S. Navy captured five Japanese submarines, including the newly discovered I-400.

The vessels were brought to Pearl Harbor for inspection, but were scuttled off the coast of Oahu in 1946, after the former Soviet Union demanded access to the submarines under the terms of the treaty that ended the war, according to HURL officials. The U.S. Navy intentionally sank the subs in order to keep knowledge of the advanced technology out of Soviet hands in the buildup to the Cold War.

HURL expeditions have since located four out of the five scuttled submarines. The I-400 was first located in August, but the finding was announced this week after NOAA reviewed details of the discovery with the U.S. State Department and officials from the Japanese government.

"These historic properties in the Hawaiian Islands recall the critical events and sacrifices of World War II in the Pacific, a period which greatly affected both Japan and the United States and shaped the Pacific region as we now know it," Hans Van Tilburg, maritime heritage coordinator for NOAA in the Pacific Islands region, said in a statement. "Our ability to interpret these unique weapons of the past and jointly understand our shared history is a mark of our progress from animosity to reconciliation. That is the most important lesson that the site of the I-400 can provide today."

Last edited:
My comment in blue text
Your China spirit not so strong, that why you always have to exaggerate your ability, but the sword has two edges, once you enter the real combat and find your real ability lower than enemy, your spirit down rapidly .. pal !!!

Ask General MacArthur about this , he will tell you our chinese will tough or not .

You are not Russia or Chinese , aren't you ?

I repeated about the technology gap between American and Vietnam during Vietnam War. and French vs Viet Minh much bigger than Vietnam vs China ...
We didnot depend on the superior technology to beat the American and French . If we did, we would not have the final victory

So 2.3 mil. of your army is meaningless too.

First personnel of Vietnam Army 1944
anh-TTXVN.jpg

vs French in Indochina
3174925087_9d46c68dee_z.jpg

Dien_bien_phu_castor_or_siege_deinterlaced.png

And afterward ( Vietnam won )

dien-bien-phu-battle-pictures-images-photos-011.jpg

Do not flatter yourself please !

Use knife or stick or pistol to fight B52 and shot them down please!

Without the support from China and Ru , you are nothing !

How idiot to research building small quantity of Aircraft to protect a narrow land with area 300,000 km2.
Buying better, Chinese friends !!!

research cost high only for build a large quantity : ie 300 or 500 ... that's not suitable to Vietnam demand

You and wife need only 2 cars ... why you need the ability to manufacture car ?

Sound good ! Keep buying !

Sunken Japanese WWII submarine found off coast of Hawaii
Denise Chow LiveScience
Dec. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM ET

2D9858347-japanese-sunken-submarine.blocks_desktop_large.jpeg

YouTube screengrab / Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory
A sunken Japanese Sen Toku-class submarine from World War II was discovered off the coast of Oahu in Hawaii.
A World War II-era Japanese submarine that had been captured and intentionally sunk by U.S. forces was discovered earlier this year in its watery tomb. The massive submarine, lost underwater since 1946, was found off the coast of the Hawaiian island of Oahu.

Researchers at the Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory (HURL), headquartered at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu, located the missing I-400 submarine off Oahu's southwest coast, sitting more than 2,300 feet (700 meters) below sea level. The sub was found in August, but the researchers just announced their finding this week.

The I-400 was one of the Imperial Japanese Navy's Sen Toku-class submarines, which were the largest submarines ever built before the age of nuclear-powered subs. These massive vessels were longer than a football field, and were used as submarine aircraft carriers. The subs were capable of carrying up to three float-plane bombers underwater, but were designed to rise quickly to the surface, launch aircraft and then dive underwater again before enemies could detect them. [7 Technologies That Transformed Warfare]

The Japanese Navy intended to amass an entire fleet of Sen Toku-class submarines, but by the end of World War II, only three had been built.

"The I-400 had been on our 'to-find' list for some time," Terry Kerby, HURL's operations director and chief submarine pilot, said in a statement. "Finding it where we did was totally unexpected. All our research pointed to it being farther out to sea."

2D9858411-japanese-submarine-discovery.blocks_desktop_medium.jpeg

Courtesy of NOAA HURL archives
The Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory's Pisces V submersible at the deck of the I-400 submarine.
Underwater treasuresHURL researchers have been using manned submersibles to hunt for submarines and other sunken historical artifacts since 1992. The I-400 discovery resulted from a series of dives funded through a grant from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Office of Exploration and Research and the University of Hawaii at Manoa's School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology.

Kerby described his excitement when sonar instruments identified what appeared to be a massive underwater wreck. "It was a thrill when the view of a giant submarine appeared out of the darkness," he said.

Before the invention of Sen Toku-type vessels, submarines were used almost exclusively to sink surface ships and other submarines in stealth underwater attacks.

"The innovation of air strike capability from long-range submarines represented a tactical change in submarine doctrine," James Delgado, director of NOAA's Maritime Heritage Program in Washington, D.C., said in a statement. "The large I-400, with its extended range and ability to launch three M6A1 Seiran strike aircraft, was clearly an important step in the evolution of submarine design."

The mammoth I-400 submarines had a range of 37,500 miles (60,300 km), and could circumnavigate the globe one-and-a-half times without needing to refuel.

And while the submarines were built to carry planes to bomb the U.S. mainland, none ended up being used for their designed missions during the war, Delgado said. Still, the mega-subs were instrumental in shaping the future of submarine design, he added.

"The I-400 is technologically significant due to the design features associated with its large watertight hangar," Delgado said. "Following World War II, submarine experimentation and design changes would continue in this direction, eventually leading to ballistic missile launching capabilities for U.S. submarines at the advent of the nuclear era."

Historical legacyAt the end of World War II, the U.S. Navy captured five Japanese submarines, including the newly discovered I-400.

The vessels were brought to Pearl Harbor for inspection, but were scuttled off the coast of Oahu in 1946, after the former Soviet Union demanded access to the submarines under the terms of the treaty that ended the war, according to HURL officials. The U.S. Navy intentionally sank the subs in order to keep knowledge of the advanced technology out of Soviet hands in the buildup to the Cold War.
HURL expeditions have since located four out of the five scuttled submarines. The I-400 was first located in August, but the finding was announced this week after NOAA reviewed details of the discovery with the U.S. State Department and officials from the Japanese government.

"These historic properties in the Hawaiian Islands recall the critical events and sacrifices of World War II in the Pacific, a period which greatly affected both Japan and the United States and shaped the Pacific region as we now know it," Hans Van Tilburg, maritime heritage coordinator for NOAA in the Pacific Islands region, said in a statement. "Our ability to interpret these unique weapons of the past and jointly understand our shared history is a mark of our progress from animosity to reconciliation. That is the most important lesson that the site of the I-400 can provide today."

It doesn't matter how they were advanced during the WWII.

Since they were left behind for nearly 70 years, do you think it is so easy to catch up?

How idiot to research building small quantity of Aircraft to protect a narrow land with area 300,000 km2.
Buying better, Chinese friends !!!

research cost high only for build a large quantity : ie 300 or 500 ... that's not suitable to Vietnam demand

You and wife need only 2 cars ... why you need the ability to manufacture car ?

Sound good ! Keep buying !
The point is :
when you build some military airports near the Russia/Mongolia/India border vs China ...
you can not only using that airport to attack Vietnam, but also have to build the air defense, aircrafts, ... to protect it from related countries strike ...
So your large quantity of airports, aircrafts, even army, artilery, tanks ... only means more trouble you must face, not means you could use the large to dominate a well-protected small country with enough forces ...

If you expand your base in Hainan, there're some countries increase their budget of warfare equipments. not only Vietnam
Increase please !

Back
Top Bottom