What's new

China's meager aid to the Philippines could dent its image

What is preventing China from returning the same? China can nit-pick the US and allies about the amount of aid, the competency or lack thereof in the delivery of aid, the quality of aid, and so on...There are plenty to nit-pick. Anyone who has ever worked in logistics or even large organizations can find sh1t to nit-pick. You guys can start right here on this forum. Let others know how incompetent the US is in delivering aid, for example. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is a good laugh.

Please watch the 15 minute video before laughing :coffee:

Haters gonna hate. No matter what you do, you ain't do it right.
Mann, 100.000$ ist ein bißchen echt wenig, findest du nicht auch? China hat über 3.000 Milliarden FX. So ist es, die Chinesen können ihren Hass halt nicht überwinden. Typisch.

BBC News - Typhoon Haiyan: Ships head to Philippines amid devastation

• Australia: Aus$10m ($9.4m; £5.8m), including medical personnel
  • China: $100,000 (£60,000)
  • European Commission: 3m euros (£2.5m; $4m)
  • Indonesia: Aircraft, personnel, drinking water, food, generators, medicine
  • Japan: $10m, 25 emergency medical personnel
  • New Zealand: NZ$2.15m (£1.1m)
  • Taiwan: $200,000
  • UK: £10m ($15m) non-food aid package
  • UN: central emergency relief fund: $25m
  • US: At least 180 marines and sailors, transporter planes, emergency food, water, shelter and hygiene materials
  • Vietnam: $100,000

WHY THE ****!!! DO WE GET CRITICIZED FOR EVERY FUCKING THINGS WE DID!! You want to help the Philippines, go ahead. And LEAVE MY Fucking country out of this.

WHY THE ****!!! DO WE GET CRITICIZED FOR EVERY FUCKING THINGS WE DID!! You want to help the Philippines, go ahead. And LEAVE MY Fucking country out of this.
You claimed the entirety of the South China Sea and you expect others to leave you alone?

BBC News - Typhoon Haiyan: Ships head to Philippines amid devastation

• Australia: Aus$10m ($9.4m; £5.8m), including medical personnel
  • China: $100,000 (£60,000)
  • European Commission: 3m euros (£2.5m; $4m)
  • Indonesia: Aircraft, personnel, drinking water, food, generators, medicine
  • Japan: $10m, 25 emergency medical personnel
  • New Zealand: NZ$2.15m (£1.1m)
  • Taiwan: $200,000
  • UK: £10m ($15m) non-food aid package
  • UN: central emergency relief fund: $25m
  • US: At least 180 marines and sailors, transporter planes, emergency food, water, shelter and hygiene materials
  • Vietnam: $100,000

Big f***ing deal.

God punished the Pinoys hard for undermining China.

Karma!

You claimed the entirety of the South China Sea and you expect others to leave you alone?

SCS is our private lake.

The more our military builds up, the more assets we have to not just dominate the SCS but the whole Asia-Pacific region and eventually the whole world.

We get everything we want.

We want resources? Countries line up to supply their resources.

We want women for our men? Countries in Asia love supplying us their women to marry our men and carry our babies.

We want land? We take it.

We want markets? We get it.

We want technology? We get it.

Our people are all around the world being our eyes and ears for the motherland.

Don't hate us just because we are big, strong and getting stronger with each passing day.

We are privileged.
Just accept it and deal with it :coffee:

SCS is our private lake.

The more our military builds up, the more assets we have to not just dominate the SCS but the whole Asia-Pacific region and eventually the whole world.

We get everything we want.

We want resources? Countries line up to supply their resources.

We want women for our men? Countries in Asia love supplying us their women to marry our men and carry our babies.

We want land? We take it.

We want markets? We get it.

We want technology? We get it.

Our people are all around the world being our eyes and ears for the motherland.

Don't hate us just because we are big, strong and getting stronger with each passing day.

We are privileged.
Just accept it and deal with it :coffee:
It must sucks being you, a Chinese living in the US, seeing the great contrasts between the two countries, and feel compelled to come on the Internet saying nonsensical sh1t like the above.

I say it sucks not because I think you feel bad about yourself, but about others observing you and feel pity for you.

Gambit write a 10,000 dollars check for the Philippines relief fund, do you part then criticize other.

Do you understand humanitarian aid vs. politics? Do you understand that even at the height of the cold war the US always showed its humane side? That india with 4 wars w/ pakistan offered aid to Pakistan after its earthquake? do you understand this makes you look petty and for a country that is all about image, can't damage the image any worse? 

americans killed tons of your people as you remind us here- yet you take and ask for AID from us.
In the Eastern China flood of 1991, the US donated $10,000 buck and you don't see anybody call the US for being pettiness or do we held a grudge against them as we know we are enemy. Little aid should be expected from enemy. Got it?

Shut your mouth. This has NOTHING to do with South China Sea dispute but it is about donation. And if we donate a lot, they would say we have an agenda trying to buy Phillipines trust and friendship. And if we donate a little, they would say we are petty. What the **** do you want us to do?

Personally, I say we PUBLICLY called the Philippines government and ask them how much they need and will they accept our help. If they say "no thank", then all the Western world communities need to shut their fucking mouth up.

Shut your mouth. This has NOTHING to do with South China Sea dispute but it is about donation. And if we donate a lot, they would say we have an agenda trying to buy Phillipines trust and friendship. And if we donate a little, they would say we are petty. What the **** do you want us to do?
No...It is about your demand that the world leave China alone, whether it is about unconditional charity to other countries in their times of need or about climate change or about nuclear weapons or about automobile export. China is positioning herself as a regional power to be reckoned with and does it with a messianic complex as demonstrated by you guys here. We see enough of it with that 'Middle Kondom' thing. You are not beyond criticisms.

China have no obligation whatsoever to help out Philippines, let all Philippines ally to flip the check with China provide all the aid China deem as necessary.
I agree. Let the US and her allies help the Philippines. It is their job. I have nothing against the Philippines people. We have suffered many disasters in our country history, so we wish them the best of luck. I like our Govt approach. Offer $100,000 and reach out to offer humanitarian assistance. Whether they accept our offer or not, it is not important. It is important to let the world know the country that don't accept our offer is the Philippines and not us being petty. It s a good gesture but it is clear the Philippines and us are enemy. Don't expect help from enemy is the rule of the game. 
No...It is about your demand that the world leave China alone, whether it is about unconditional charity to other countries in their times of need or about climate change or about nuclear weapons or about automobile export. China is positioning herself as a regional power to be reckoned with and does it with a messianic complex as demonstrated by you guys here. We see enough of it with that 'Middle Kondom' thing. You are not beyond criticisms.
Give me a break. You are trying to connect the South China Sea with the donation amount as is being discussed in this article is a joke. As I have said, we get criticisms regardless of what approach we try. Offer more = China is buying friendship. Offer less = China is being a petty and cheap. The ****?

How about you give us a number and we toss the money out and stop writing article about us. It would be best to write articles about the US helping the Philippines than focusing on us. Get it?

It must sucks being you, a Chinese living in the US, seeing the great contrasts between the two countries, and feel compelled to come on the Internet saying nonsensical sh1t like the above.

I say it sucks not because I think you feel bad about yourself, but about others observing you and feel pity for you.

I said I like the US, you're making it look like I hate the US. You couldn't be more wrong.

Hey at least I can use my own country to argue with you, I don't have to choose another country to argue like you do being a Vietnamese using the US. You know you can't use Vietnam to hate on China because Vietnam is weak so you use the US to spew your anger and frustration at us.

The thing is, most Asian countries hate us because we are big and privileged, so ethnic Asians like yourself just hate China because our of status compared to other Asian countries and our sheer importance to this planet. Not to mention the depth of our history.

You being Vietnamese feel like inferior beings next to Chinese. I really don't understand why Asians have such anger towards China? What did we do? Is it because we marry non-Chinese women in
Asia? Is it because we take our land from foreign occupation?
Or is it that tall poppy syndrome that when you are big, you get more hate.

Since you can't use your Vietnam to put down China, the only option you have is to use the US to hate on China.

Asians like you need to realise that despite all our faults, we are the guardian of Asia (whether anyone likes it or not) just like the US is the guardian of the west.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom