What's new

China Warns U.S. To Stay Out Of Sea Dispute

Well, you never know since the PLA could push and shove a so-called up-coming superpower at will with no consequence what so ever .......:lol:
'India is soft on Chinese intrusions'

Yeah, like reverting back to stamped Visas instead of stapled visas? Or allowing a military delegation headed by someone who is posted in Kashmir? What no balls to defend one's stand? Dude, provoking or needling doesnt make one powerful. It just shows one's lack of original policies. The reason India doesnt respond is because we know you guys have no idea what you are doing. Lol.

I'll tell you where China is an undisputed might

Dumping ground Pol Eco, NOS, The News International

By Shahzada Irfan Ahmed

• An analysis of mutual trade statistics reveals that since the signing of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries in Nov 2006, China has exported goods worth around $ 11 billion whereas Pakistan’s exports could hardly reach $ 0.25 billion.

• Another misbalance in this respect is that Pakistan imports about 1,000 items from China while the latter’s export-basket is limited to hardly 50 items.

• Pakistan exports items like seafood, cotton yarn, leather, marble, fruits, sports goods, rice, raw hides and vegetables. On the other hand, China exports almost every thing available under the sun to Pakistan and that also at very low prices. Mass availability of these goods at low rates has pushed local industry out of competition.

• Industrialists say China dumps a lot of goods into Pakistan but no action is taken for various reasons.

• The biggest of these is that Pakistan does not want to take even a symbolic step that harms friendly relations between the two, they add.

• Complaints about dumping have to be filed with the World Trade Organisation (WTO) which inquires into them. "Dumping means export of goods by a country at prices lower than those at which these goods are being sold in the exporting country’s local market," says Tahir Fayyaz, a garment importer based in Karachi. He says such countries manufacture products in excess of their local demand to benefit from economies of scale and dispose off the surplus in countries where similar industry is in a stage of infancy or on a decline.

• India, on the other hand, has still not signed free trade agreement with China and imposed anti-dumping import duties on yarn, fabric, nylon being imported from China. The country even has a Directorate General of Anti-dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) which functions under the Commerce Ministry. The fact that India has filed a record number of anti-dumping cases against China at the World Trade Organization (WTO) also explains how protectionist the former is of its industry

• For example, a report prepared by the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) reveals that due to the dumping of China clay crockery from China, the pottery industry of Pakistan has disappeared from centers like Gujranwala and Gujrat.

I know indian love money and economy but the thread is not about economy and if you got any comman sense then you should know that even US got export defict of more then 80% with china.and we are friends sometimes even we give each other stuff for free in time of need like the 50 FC-1

Interesting Forum.
I am going to be off-topic a bit, but some observations about this forum: Looks like Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Chinese, Russian, Bangladeshis, even Malaysians etc on one side while Indians, Americans, Aussies, and Israelis etc on the other side.

Sure, there are exceptions. But the trend is obvious, to me. May be some kind of 'self-selection' going on?

All this historical BS is for the resources in SCS. Where was this claim before the discovery of natural gas there? The area that China claims eats up right into many countries' EEZs established according to established modern international norms. This claim is nothing but bullying and threatening surrounding countries for natural resources.

Speaking of BS... Why didn't the various South East Asian countries claim those areas before the 1980s? Was it because natural gas was discovered there after that date???

The truth is China, instead of bullying those countries, offered them the opportunity to jointly tap the resources on Chinese waters given that they recognize China's sovereignty over those areas. They refused the offer out of pure greed. Bad for them.

Before you make more claims about how China was the one doing all the "bullying" in the area I would suggest you look up the conflicting claims amongst the Phillippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and so forth in the area. Phillippino enforcers have arrested and even shot Vietnamese fishermen in the disputed areas but I don't hear any one complaining about them.

I am going to be off-topic a bit, but some observations about this forum: Looks like Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Chinese, Russian, Bangladeshis, even Malaysians etc on one side while Indians, Americans, Aussies, and Israelis etc on the other side.

Sure, there are exceptions. But the trend is obvious, to me. May be some kind of 'self-selection' going on?

Indians, Americans and Aussies on the same side? I don't think so.

The rest might be right though.

Interesting Forum.

As much as I hate to say this Indian members have a tendency to oppose anything China related, and vice versa. The few sane members on both sides are either banned or decided to leave.

Interesting Forum.

don't forget NATO, African countries are now revolting against china lately ( nothing big but loud enough), Japan , Vietnam , PH, south Korea, to some extent Taiwan too.

Sri lankan and Bangladeshi govt would disagree with your assertions about being against the US.

you have china , Pakistan, Iran and north Korea vs...

Yup, historical claims. The new word/excuse of neo-ultra-nationalists! India can claim parts of SE Asia, historically! Or even Sri Lnka. Hell, Pakistan didnt exist before 1947, and that aint even that old!! Historically the entire South Asia and parts of SE Asia are Indian. We dont care what you guys think. Meh....

All this historical BS is for the resources in SCS. Where was this claim before the discovery of natural gas there? The area that China claims eats up right into many countries' EEZs established according to established modern international norms. This claim is nothing but bullying and threatening surrounding countries for natural resources.

Speaking of bullying and harrassment.... Why is it that most of India's neighbours claim that she does the same thing? My judgement is based upon the comments I've read on this forum.

don't forget NATO, African countries are now revolting against china lately ( nothing big but loud enough), Japan , Vietnam , PH, North Korea, to some extent Taiwan too.

Sri lankan and Bangladeshi govt would disagree with your assertions about being against the US.

Sorry to dissapoint you. :azn:

China Bests Japan in Americans’ Eyes - Wall Street Journal

According to results from the 2011 edition of an annual opinion poll commissioned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, some 39% of “general public” respondents selected China as “the most important partner of the U.S. in Asia,” while 31% chose Japan.

I know as an Indian you will tend to prefer it the other way around, but according to the polls, China and Japan are at the top, and India is nowhere to be seen.

don't forget NATO, African countries are now revolting against china lately ( nothing big but loud enough), Japan , Vietnam , PH, south Korea, to some extent Taiwan too.

I am only referring to the way people express views in this forum. May be there is some kind of self-selection going on but the trends are obvious, per my post above.

Many Indian members here still believe that India is a major ally of the United States and the Western block just because she is a Democratic country. The painful fact is the dominant power will attempt to suppress any rising powers capable of challenging her position. As much as some of our Indian friends here would like to make fun of how China is perceived to be the "producer of cheap goods" by the West India is also seeing as the "source of cheap IT labor" here in the United States. Checkout an epsiode of Morgan Spurlock's TV show called "Outsourcing" to get an idea of how Indian people are really perceived here in the U.S.

One poll !!!! :cheesy: :rofl: . you are now citing one obscure poll to justify US govt's allies !

The Wall Street Journal beats JayAtl anyday. :azn:

And you forget that Obama didn't even bother to visit India in his first Asian diplomatic tour, he went to Japan, China, South Korea and Indonesia instead. He waited two full years before he eventually went to India.

From the Wall Street Journal again:

The opinion leaders’ view of which country in Asia is the most important partner for the U.S. offers even more emphatic confirmation that trade relations, usually cited as the main reason for a preference for China, are increasingly carrying more weight than political or general ties with the U.S., usually cited as a reason for choosing Japan. Over the past three years’ surveys, opinion leaders’ preference for Japan has nearly halved, to 28% from 54%, while their preference for China increased to 46% from 38%. The results in part reflect China officially overtaking Japan as the world’s second-biggest economy earlier this year.

LOL, maybe the Americans forgot that India was a part of Asia. :P Since India didn't score high even to even merit a mention.

The Wall Street Journal beats JayAtl anyday. :azn:

And you forget that Obama didn't even bother to visit India in his first Asian diplomatic tour, he went to Japan, China, South Korea and Indonesia instead. He waited two full years before he eventually went to India.

From the Wall Street Journal again:

Not to mention the lavish welcome he gave Hu's delegation a while back.

Back
Top Bottom