What's new

China Warns U.S. To Stay Out Of Sea Dispute

The thread was about how the Chinese rough housing is going to help these countries PH, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan ( already is), Taiwan ( huge US military sales speaks volumes) move closer to the US and ask for bases . The Chinese here are seeing the writing on the wall have reverted to leaving that fight with the US to attacking India now:cheesy:

That is so telling -they have retreated from the premise of this thread! :D

Many Indian members here still believe that India is a major ally of the United States and the Western block just because she is a Democratic country. The painful fact is the dominant power will attempt to suppress any rising powers capable of challenging her position. As much as some of our Indian friends here would like to make fun of how China is perceived to be the "producer of cheap goods" by the West India is also seeing as the "source of cheap IT labor" here in the United States. Checkout an epsiode of Morgan Spurlock's TV show called "Outsourcing" to get an idea of how Indian people are really perceived here in the U.S.

Fair comment. Can't really argue with that analysis. However sometimes, as in this case - our (U.S. & India) interests converge. No one is being a pawn here. Everyone is looking out for their own interests.

Fair comment. Can't really argue with that analysis. However sometimes, as in this case - our (U.S. & India) interests converge. No one is being a pawn here. Everyone is looking out for their own interests.

Thnx. Sometimes China and America's interests converge as well. I am just getting annoyed by the way some people present complex global issues as a "good versus bad" battle.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Even the offer of the "G-2" was more than enough to get the picture across. :P

Also can you tell Jaytl to stop responding to me? I've put him on my ignore list yesterday but forgot to tell him about it.

Inferior Chinese reverse engineered tech is awful at finding weapons of mass destruction in other countries.
See if you can answer the question. If the criticism is that the US have not fought against any 'great military powers', then how could China fare against US when China has not faced against any military powers at all? Please do not bring up Korea and WMD is a feeble strawman.

See if you can answer the question. If the criticism is that the US have not fought against any 'great military powers', then how could China fare against US when China has not faced against any military powers at all? Please do not bring up Korea and WMD is a feeble strawman.
i think you forgot noth korea?1950?US japan south korea un forces against china and north korea????what happened to you guys?dont you remember any migs?man y do u foget?

i think you forgot noth korea?1950?US japan south korea un forces against china and north korea????what happened to you guys?dont you remember any migs?man y do u foget?
Too bad it is not possible to filter out those below 25 yrs old...:rolleyes:

Of course China is not as militarily powerful or experienced as the U.S. China did not face against another military power in open confrontation since the end of the Sino-Vietnamese War in 1979. See, I've got no problem acknowledging facts.

This does bring up an interesting point though. If China hasn't fought a war in a little over 30 years.... this kind of brings your hypothesis of the Chinese "Yamato" to doubt, doesn't it? Where is the big aggressive China that every one is talking about on this thread?

Oh yeah Gambit, one more thing about strawman arguments :D :

Heliocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

heliocentrism:

Heliocentrism, or heliocentricism,[1] is the astronomical model in which the Earth and planets revolve around a stationary Sun at the center of the solar system. The word comes from the Greek (ἥλιος helios "sun" and κέντρον kentron "center"). Historically, heliocentrism was opposed to geocentrism, which placed the Earth at the center. The notion that the Earth revolves around the Sun had been proposed as early as the 3rd century BC by Aristarchus of Samos,[2] but had received no support from most other ancient astronomers.

Guess a bit of inside humour won't hurt, or would it?

Age is not necessarily an indicator of a person's manners. I learned that it is entirely possible for older, more experienced men to get a sense of accomplishment out of bashing someone he doesn't even know.
You should notice that I usually focus on the contents of a person's argument, not his manners. I may make a few comments or two about how he present himself, but in my response, I focus on the contents of his arguments.

You should notice that I usually focus on the contents of a person's argument, not his manners. I may make a few comments or two about how he present himself, but in my response, I focus on the contents of his arguments.
did korean war happened?or it was osama there aswell

Of course China is not as militarily powerful or experienced as the U.S. China did not face against another military power in open confrontation since the end of the Sino-Vietnamese War in 1979. See, I've got no problem acknowledging facts.

This does bring up an interesting point though. If China hasn't fought a war in a little over 30 years.... this kind of brings your hypothesis of the Chinese "Yamato" to doubt, doesn't it? Where is the big aggressive China that every one is talking about on this thread?
Not at all. The Yamato had to confront the reality that they were inferior to the Europeans and embarked on an aggressive modernization program. Chinese racism towards us 'inferior' Asians is independent of whatever the political entity called "People's Republic of China" may or have not done military wise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom