What's new

China trying to improve ties with India: think-tank

Unlikely. China's interest in Pakistan is strategic, but since Abbottabad it knows Pakistan is not an honorable partner. Therefore China must, for its own reasons, guard against Pakistani attempts to pull it into a war with India. China has ceased referring to Pakistan as an ally and desires improvement in the atmosphere of its relations with India. Logically this should be across-the-board, not just limited to trade.

I want the same thing you are smoking ;)

Is he/she the same think tank who was talking about splitting India into several parts?

I want the same thing you are smoking ;)
No smoke. I had years of experience with Chinese lab partners plus a college course on Chinese foreign policy to filter information through. Pakistan is losing China.

No smoke. I had years of experience with Chinese lab partners plus a college course on Chinese foreign policy to filter information through. Pakistan is losing China.

Even if we are, that is no concern of one who enjoys the murder of Palestinan innocents.

Wow.... A Chinese lab partner AND a course in college. I am impressed to say the least.

So much for words than real actions on the ground.
On one side China says," Pakistan is our ally in everything and its a brotherhood, second home, blah blah"

Pakistans economy is in shambles. It goes on begging from its "Friends of Pakistan", US, IMF, WB,..... And on the other side,China holds over $3 Trillion of Forex.Pakistans half of its earning receipts goes on to paying the interests for the money it owes. If Pak-china bond is so valuble, why not china buy all its debt( which is less than 3% of chinas forex reserves)? That way Pak can raise its economic posture and re-organise its country while investing the money wherever its needed instead of paying on the interests alone.....

Also something fishy here is, Pak has been swamped with terrorists attacks since WOT began.There were no reports of china sending its forces to help pak ,not even under the UN flag. All china is doing is helping paK militarily against India. China smiles,If pak diverts Indias concentration from economy to wars. china is happy if pak spills the first blood against India,......... China certainly dont want Pak to be a developing country let alone a developed one. If its the case, it will loose hedge against India. No developed/developing country wants a war with its neighbour.( this is what preventing Indo-China war).
As long as Pak lies below the developing country list, its a good hedge against India.
China certainly dont have a stomach to go for a direct confrontation with India.Neither does India. china is not in a position to risk its $4 trillion economy which was built for the past 40 years just becos of a small confrontation and dis-agreements.

Think-tanks say million things, without even thinking.Its the voice of their citizens that counts in the end( atleast in the Indias case).
In the next 20 years both Indian and chinese economies will be over $20 Trillion. Thats what makes the war between these Asian gaints highly impossible. It would be like the clash of Titans ifever they go for a war.

Long before 1000AD, both china and India dominated the world economy with thier respective GDPs of 25% and 30% of the worlds. And Today after being robbed and invaded sucessfully again and again we are developing again.History always repeats and today course is an example of that bright future that holds for these great nations.

Can you explain why you think Pakistan is losing China ? I do not think that is true.

Wow.... A Chinese lab partner AND a media studies course on Chinese censorship.
Yes, I thought it appropriate to reveal my background for critical review. But it wasn't a "media studies course", it was the real thing, run by a Chinese professor who would make predictions one week only to have them confirmed by China's officials the next...

Can you explain why you think Pakistan is losing China ? I do not think that is true.
A decade ago Pakistan might choose to engage in a conflict with India and China would increase the heat, suddenly claiming Indian military activity within its borders and threatening a military response. I can't see that happening today.

Yes, I thought it appropriate to reveal my background for critical review.

Yes I misread, I am suitably in awe now.

it was the real thing, run by a Chinese professor who would make predictions one week only to have them confirmed by China's officials the next...

Sounds like a helluva a course and please tell me more about your Chinese lab partner.

A decade ago Pakistan might choose to engage in a conflict with India and China would increase the heat, suddenly claiming Indian military activity within its borders and threatening a military response. I can't see that happening today.

Do you think Pakistan is a liability to China ? As far as my view is concerned, I believe China can get access to North Arabian sea and a land based route for an oil pipeline. Is this not a good reason why China can ignore the new-sense value of Pakistan.
:cheers:

Yes I misread, I am suitably in awe now.

Sounds like a helluva a course and please tell me more about your Chinese lab partner.

Don't diss him brother, the lab partner could have been the Premier or Foreign Minister of PRC in disguise, like King Henry at the Battle of Agincourt. :azn:

Back
Top Bottom