What's new

China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force

post-219-1154473853.jpg

hope system delivers what it was meant for hope it is better than its sweedish counterpart already in PAF and hope it has coverage of 360 degrees

None of the officers inthe photo above seem physically fit to me - not trying to be mean to them, it's just that they don't seem like they have missed many meals.

And what's up with those uniforms, these are officers not chaprasis.

Entire PAF on a diet and PT, and please get them hair cuts so they look like soldiers, well except the women (they won't appreciate the haircut thing).

Dont know about Uniform and physique,but the haircut may have been used as a decoy... Long time ago when Karachi was very turbulent...we were advised not to have our usual Military haircuts,so that we don't get singled out and harmed by terrorists...when we are out and about in the city...off duty

None of the officers inthe photo above seem physically fit to me - not trying to be mean to them, it's just that they don't seem like they have missed many meals.

And what's up with those uniforms, these are officers not chaprasis.

Entire PAF on a diet and PT, and please get them hair cuts so they look like soldiers, well except the women (they won't appreciate the haircut thing).

muse I think its a very rude comment. They are officers not cadets, haircut standards for officers and cadets are different. They are all senior officers and all must be putting on more than 28 to 30 years of service, you can't compare fitness of these officers with operationally flying officers. :cheers:

ZDK-03 will form the backbone of PAF. Erieyes will complement them.

During any possible war, threats to AWACS can be minimized with proper radar coverage from them. Lets suppose, during a war, if some combat planes are directed towards Erieyes, it has to move to safer distance from those planes during those fighters are engaged and shot down. During that process moving away from threat will leave Erieyes blind from any coverage, because they dont have coverage behind their tales. Therefore, it cannot fullfil its primary role of adequate air defence coverage. However, ZDK-03s wont have this problem and traveling away from the threat will still give it 360 coverage, hence, real time analysis while moving away from threats...

The reason why i brought this up is because, fighter aircrafts can catch up or can be at a max firing distance using their BVR missiles in no time, hence, real time analysis is important all the time...

oh yes i am,, :victory:

i am over joyed,,

dont you think its a great news,

our forces are developing fast.

moreover i am really excited as i had the feeling that this Zhuhai air show wll bring a lot of good for PAF and its begining to be proved right, Mashallah! :yahoo:
i was expecting somthing like FC-20, JFT export order or the PAF AEW&C,,
i hope this roll out is just the start..;)

:pakistan: :china:

just like i said,
the news of ADK-03 roll out was really big and exciting, not only for me but for all PAF and Pakistan lovers.
we are just in fifth day after the new broke and already have 383 posts in it.:yahoo:

the induction is going to go long way in fuure joint ventures, or involvement in development and evaluation will help further improve this system as per our requirments :pakistan:

well it's a breed of y-8. but something is better than nothing and thus it's better than the saab-2000 financially and even though saab-2000 equipment is great but ZDK-03 can do the job.

Assad
astroaviator.com

Lots of people are saying that the system is not as good as the Saab one. Why would PAF go for Chinese AWACS if they are inferior to Swedish? It is unlikely that budget could be a hurdle in procurement of such sensitive systems that can change whole air warfare of an airforce. I think PAF has got their hands on very potent Chinese material or otherwise they would have kept inducting more Saab AWACS.

well it's a breed of y-8. but something is better than nothing and thus it's better than the saab-2000 financially and even though saab-2000 equipment is great but ZDK-03 can do the job.

Assad
astroaviator.com

its a variant of Y-8 with a glass cockpit, western powerplants from canada.

Has the AESA non AESA debate been settled? Can we now confirm that its an AESA?

Back
Top Bottom