What's new

China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force

@uncorn148,

based one the data/pic provided by husnain0099, i will agree with the data provided by my source. He gave the maximum tracking range between 700kms to 800kms and 300 simultaneous targets..

I am sure that should put to rest some of the questoins you might have...

@maverick

some times you say Pakistan is developing some times you say china is developing... and seriously what husnain was saying was about the Kj2000 and nowhere about the super AWACS you were saying

We know that aircrfts have different sizes, I am pretty sure when we talk about 700km range, we talk about detecting large aircraft the size of bombers. Therefore, what my source said makes sense here.
:pakistan:

@hataf, correction here. L band is longer range than S band for the same amount of power of the transmitter. but if you increase the power of the transmitter it can go to the same length as the L band transmitter.

However, the more the frequency the higher details you can get, higher detection you can get, there are more chances to capture the stealth nature of the object. Also, higher the frequency, less that signal can be distorted.... Higher u go less range it gets but more chances of getting finer details in clutter such as ground clutter can be distinguished from an object at a higher range and more details than L band etc. you can detect multiple bogies at a longer range in close proximity than a L band radar....

More pluses of S band than L band, all there is a need to have a higher transmiter for S band source to cover for the range of L band

So what are the disadvantages of S band except for the range ? From your post it looks like S band is one up than L band. I confess i know nothing about this topic.
Will be really interested to hear what gambit has to say about this ?

We know that aircrfts have different sizes, I am pretty sure when we talk about 700km range, we talk about detecting large aircraft the size of bombers. Therefore, what my source said makes sense here.
:pakistan:

No it doesn't, assuming ZDK-03 has a service ceiling of 10,000 m you're looking at a radar horizon of 412km. Detection range of 700km is outrageous regardless of the size of the target or radar capability.

Edit: Sorry I just realized you're talking about an air borne target and not surface target, if both are at 10,000m the radar horizon is 714km. Regardless, detection at such distances isn't possible due to atmospheric attenuation that causes significant degradation of radar returns.

Last edited:
A point of concern to the IAF is that the Chinese AWACS is near test readiness, which means Islamabad will be in a position to deploy it in large numbers far before the Indian homegrown airborne early warning project, under development by DRDO’s Centre for Airborne Systems (CABS) in Bangalore, actually takes off.

A senior IAF officer said, “Historically, decisions between China and Pakistan happen much faster. That means, they could have a greater density of airborne radar coverage before we do.”

So we gotta do it....And i think its the best decision by our commanders and at the right time.

That's da way guys.

A point of concern to the IAF is that the Chinese AWACS is near test readiness, which means Islamabad will be in a position to deploy it in large numbers far before the Indian homegrown airborne early warning project, under development by DRDO’s Centre for Airborne Systems (CABS) in Bangalore, actually takes off.

A senior IAF officer said, “Historically, decisions between China and Pakistan happen much faster. That means, they could have a greater density of airborne radar coverage before we do.”

So we gotta do it....And i think its the best decision by our commanders and at the right time.

That's da way guys.

IAF need not worry about that because it already has three Phalcons and will be receiving 3 more ............. which are far more capable than than their counterparts and by early next year DRDO awa&cs will be tested and 8 more will be inducted

Sir, TaimiKhan

ZDK-03 (AWACS) which we received is better or equal compared with Indian (AWACS) ?

Sir, TaimiKhan

ZDK-03 (AWACS) which we received is better or equal compared with Indian (AWACS) ?

if you read in details in website you can get your answer IAF awaca is much better there is no comparision

but yes its good for paf they will get something

if you read in details in website you can get your answer IAF awaca is much better there is no comparision

but yes its good for paf they will get something

indian navy
Thansk for changing my thoughts, i think you have eyes and mind.
but i was wrong.
I asked this to Sir, TaimiKhan
not to indian navy blahh blahh blahh

Sir, TaimiKhan

I would say for now, the opposite side has a better system.

Even if range of both the radars is same, still the Phalcon is a complete AWACS, while ours would be limited AWACS, with GCS filling in the rest of the job.

I would encourage Pakistani readers to always look at the adversary capability and equipment but to always remember, the equipment is not the weapon, the man or the woman is.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom