What's new

China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force

I would say for now, the opposite side has a better system.

Even if range of both the radars is same, still the Phalcon is a complete AWACS, while ours would be limited AWACS, with GCS filling in the rest of the job.
Sir,
what do you think , how much time our side will take to meet the Phalcon AWACS ? any idea ?

The biggest advantage of AESA operating between 2 to 4 Ghz frequency is that, any T/R module pointed out in a certain directoin can have a different response coming after reflected back by that distance object. After going over different image processing techniques one can get a clearer picture of that object is. Different T/R module interact in the back end of the processing engine of radar and come up with output after complex fourier transforms and image processing techinques to give u a clear identification of distant threat.

You can make out, whether the object is a SU30Mki or a Mig29 based on minute details you will get from different T/R frequencies... Threat can be analyzed and neccesary dispatches made based on them... you gotta love the AESA radar to get minute details on your enemies...

you wont see on your radar that the threat is a distant unidentified aircraft but u will know threat is SU30MKi. You can distinguish far far away whether the threat is from T90 tanks or T72 tanks. if you were using doppler radar, you will know about the threat, but wont know what kinda of thank threat that may be. Also you wont know the quantity or amount of threat or if there its a tank regiment only or if there is any infanry regiment embedded with it.

AESA is a game changer, far away u can dig down to the regimental (infantry or tank) nature of your ground forces and its size and its firepower. With doppler radar, you might have thought of that regiment to be an enemy division, cant fool multiple freqeuncies...

Hope this helps.... :azn:

Hi Maverick,

Good post---good information ----thank you very much.

Sir,
what do you think , how much time our side will take to meet the Phalcon AWACS ? any idea ?

We don't need to. See, India has a large airspace which needs monitoring and in case of a battle control it also, while we have not that large airspace to monitor and control. Even a 50-70KM look inside the enemy territory would be sufficient to give our fighters the time to scramble and get ready for the approaching enemy. That is what we need, early warning of approaching enemy and the control of airspace and fighters in it, which ZDK-03 kind of platform can do very well, effectively and efficiently.

Just to give you an idea, the nearest Pak-India border point from Sargodha is around 180KM, so even if an AEW&C is stationed there, it can look around 150-200KM inside the enemy territory and give ample warning of any incoming enemy. Same case for Jacobabad, from where the nearest border point is something like 170-175KM away, and by stationing an AEW&C there, we can again look 150-200KM deep inside the enemy territory and get good warning time.

Use Google and the distance ruler and check from different areas, you will have a good idea, that by stationing where, how much deep we can look inside the enemy territory and how much territory we can control of ours.

I would say for now, the opposite side has a better system.

Even if range of both the radars is same, still the Phalcon is a complete AWACS, while ours would be limited AWACS, with GCS filling in the rest of the job.

Operational considerations also matter..
Like Sweden ours is a defensive policy.. we don't intend for deep offensives involving independent forces.. If anything.. our system reflects that of sweden..were the S-100 Erieye's served only as airborne radars and fighter control was delegated to the ground stations....So even if one argus was lost..
you did not lose the command capability in that sector..
Imagine if somebody brings an E-3 down in a conflict..there would be pandemonium for a while amongst forces that will lost that SA provided by the AWACS.
The Erieye..and ZDK-03.. do possess limited command and control capabilities.. limited by the number of operators..and not by technology.
We could have spend a cool billion and ordered a wedgetail.. but then.. one wedgetail down..and it leaves us without a complete and more expensive C3I platform.

2lvfvvo.jpg

I would encourage Pakistani readers to always look at the adversary capability and equipment but to always remember, the equipment is not the weapon, the man or the woman is.

:agree::agree::agree:

None of the officers inthe photo above seem physically fit to me - not trying to be mean to them, it's just that they don't seem like they have missed many meals.

And what's up with those uniforms, these are officers not chaprasis.

Entire PAF on a diet and PT, and please get them hair cuts so they look like soldiers, well except the women (they won't appreciate the haircut thing).

Id agree with you muse.. if I did not gain a tummy too ever since I got into a employment and behind a desk. Still, quite a few of these folks do exercise to keep themselves in shape...see them running in the morning in E-9.(cant say the same for the 2nd from left)

None of the officers inthe photo above seem physically fit to me - not trying to be mean to them, it's just that they don't seem like they have missed many meals.

Entire PAF on a diet and PT, and please get them hair cuts so they look like soldiers, well except the women (they won't appreciate the haircut thing).

This is soo rude are u getting jealous cuz u are fat how can u expect any1 to be soo fit with tasty pakistani food
In the pic most of the officers are in their late 50s n still look very fit :cheesy:

I would encourage Pakistani readers to always look at the adversary capability and equipment but to always remember, the equipment is not the weapon, the man or the woman is.

assalam alaikum,

Very good advice never ever under estimate ur opponent and keep sharping ur skills

TARIQ

they r all 'desk-jockeys' with the possible exception of the ACM - flying is done by ACmdr and below.

as far as the uniforms go - yep they shd have never changed the pre-75 uniforms.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom