diameter: 0.51
wingspan: 0.75
missile wt: 750 kg
warhead wt: 50 kg
envelope: 3 to 30000 m
Range: about 400 km
Guidance: Inertial + active radarhoming
Carried by: Mig-31M; SU-35/37/S-37

Few years back, Chinese were proposing a similar long range anti-radiation missile; FT-2000. But fir any such missile to be effective, the crew and pilot in AEW plane must be completely stupid. AWACS would eye in coming missile from a longggggggggg distance and would employ every kind of on board counter measure. Plus the description of the KS-172 indicates that India does not has any of the launch platform in its inventory. Don't know if MKI can launch one. the bottom line is that it is not an answer to AWACS.

as if AWACS fly without any protection

learn some more about integrated air defence system
AESA equipped platform can naturally serve as a robust jammer since AESA can emit massive energy to blind incoming Seeker or radar. Add dedicated ECM and countermeasures, a long range shot would mean more comfort zone,more time to respond, more chance of jamming, more room to manuver and much easier life of the crew when compared to a launch made from say 50KM

I made this image :P got 360 from KJ2000 :P ma photowOrk ;)

kj200psd.jpg

Original Image

originalhd.jpg

Last time we got news that Pakistan got Chinese AWACS unfortuntly just one picture available on the internet

101114001253f834ea6d6d595d.jpg

:azn:

Wow, nice photoshop skill! I am sure I saw that psed picture on some Chinese forum a while ago, and people were genuinely surprised by it. :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom