What's new

China-Pakistan Friendship

By reading the comments of fellow Pakistani members, I am amazed how quickely support for Uncle SAM evaporates among Pakistanis, where as at other times they support old uncle almost as to make him the gaurdian of Pakistan! Wow ...

What is truth: This or that?

Fighter

i dont think so
that people of Pakistan here supports old uncle sam

I have been observing this forum for a long time and I assure you that almost nobody here supports Uncle Sam.

If it makes you understand the situation better, I fully realize that China supports us for its own gains, and perhaps there may be a time that we will have to fight them... any support from common people on both sides is the result of nationalism.

:pakistan:

Support to US actions, overt or covert, is quite abundant on PDF atleast, particularly who are in total support of army and has little faith in Pakistani politicians. However, as you said the common Pakistani never supported the WOT and uncle SAM's policies. And as dezi, pointed out, it looks like money speaks! Both for Pakistan army and politicians! True! But then who is honest to Pakistan? Politicians? or Army?

At times it looks that both are working at cross purpose of Pakistani population's sentiments, support and expectations while colloborating with old uncle. I am sure a common Pakistani is more confused than many Indians about GoP policies and its commitments!

Fighter

dezi said:
The ground reality is different in Pakistan... most of the people are not supportive of US and its intentions... hence the lack of support amongst the masses (general forum members). It is only the govt which supports the US only in a few areas only as long as they are getting the money to fight. The day money dies out, the tables will be turned wholly against the americans.

Here are some tidbits from pew:

Less Support for U.S. Involvement

America's overall image remains negative in Pakistan. Along with Turks and Egyptians, Pakistanis give the U.S. its lowest ratings among the 22 nations included in the spring 2010 Pew Global Attitudes survey -- in all three countries, only 17% have a favorable view of the U.S. Roughly six-in-ten (59%) Pakistanis describe the U.S. as an enemy, while just 11% say it is a partner. And President Barack Obama is unpopular -- only 8% of Pakistanis express confidence that he will do the right thing in world affairs, his lowest rating among the 22 nations.

1683-3.png

Also

1683-4.png

Support to US actions, overt or covert, is quite abundant on PDF atleast, particularly who are in total support of army and has little faith in Pakistani politicians. However, as you said the common Pakistani never supported the WOT and uncle SAM's policies. And as dezi, pointed out, it looks like money speaks! Both for Pakistan army and politicians! True! But then who is honest to Pakistan? Politicians? or Army?

Bro, the answer is simple. What you said about army supporters is actually quite the reverse. I hate politicians and I love the army, and yet I have a very negative view about uncle sam.

It will be foolish to say that money doesn't speak. However, that is not the objective of WoT... infact, I'm not sure we have an objective. We have lost more money in the War on Terror than gained it through aid...

As for your last question, it would be the army. It is their blood that runs when their bodies are pierced with bullets, as they fall to their knees for their land and religion, Pakistan and Islam.

At times it looks that both are working at cross purpose of Pakistani population's sentiments, support and expectations while colloborating with old uncle. I am sure a common Pakistani is more confused than many Indians about GoP policies and its commitments!

You have just answered your own questions. This is why politicians are hated so much. Why do you think Musharraf was so hated? Figures say he improved Pakistan, but he was always pro-US and USA has never brought us good. Their intention is to chew us up and spit us out, and our politicians allow exactly that. However, corrupt politicians are hated even more.

Last of all, I think most, if not all, Indians know that GoP is corrupt but I also honestly wonder why they discuss Pakistan more than India itself- in real life, that is; on PDF it is okay.
:cheers:

Bro, the answer is simple. What you said about army supporters is actually quite the reverse. I hate politicians and I love the army, and yet I have a very negative view about uncle sam.

It will be foolish to say that money doesn't speak. However, that is not the objective of WoT... infact, I'm not sure we have an objective. We have lost more money in the War on Terror than gained it through aid...

As for your last question, it would be the army. It is their blood that runs when their bodies are pierced with bullets, as they fall to their knees for their land and religion, Pakistan and Islam.

You have just answered your own questions. This is why politicians are hated so much. Why do you think Musharraf was so hated? Figures say he improved Pakistan, but he was always pro-US and USA has never brought us good. Their intention is to chew us up and spit us out, and our politicians allow exactly that.

Last of all, I think most, if not all, Indians know that GoP is corrupt but I also honestly wonder why they discuss Pakistan more than India itself- in real life, that is; on PDF it is okay.
:cheers:

But Dear, general sahab was never a politician! He was a general to PA. He is not a politician even now! He is a Retd. army men! How would you explain his pro-USA tilt ?

thats what I call a news!
Such statements has enough power to keep the enemies away from the boundaries of Pakistan

doesn't matter if they literally mean it or not

==============

Proud to be a Pakistani
Proud to have such a great nation "China" as our Friend
:pakistan::china:

thats what I call a news!
Such statements has enough power to keep the enemies away from the boundaries of Pakistan

doesn't matter if they literally mean it or not

==============

Proud to be a Pakistani
Proud to have such a great nation "China" as our Friend
:pakistan::china:

Pakistan is absolutely vital to China in geostrategic terms. If someone attacks Pakistan, they are by-proxy attacking China, and China's interests. E.g. Our access to Central Asia, the Middle East, to the Indian Ocean through KKH and Gwadar port... etc.

India must have good relations with Israel to counter Sino PAKISTAN FRIEND SHIP!

When a US delegate once confronted a Chinese diplomat about Beijing's uncompromising support for Pakistan, the Chinese reportedly responded with a heavily-loaded sarcastic remark: "Pakistan is our Israel".

Anybody know as to where, when, who? How old is it and if it is old why is it coming out now? Do other news articles mention this? I'm guessing it might be recent, but seems very vague. :confused:

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom