What's new

China offer Bangladesh latest J-10C with AESA radar as MRCA

Federal gov in new delhi will not allow it to syate gov .
Federal government in Beijing approves of this post. :china:
57295905.jpg

Last edited:
On the bold part, this can be an indication that BAF is thinking of the European option albeit "more" seriously.

Yes certainly. The KJ-2000 were overwhelming favorite to win the tender. I reckon it was also showed in one of the posters during Armed Forces exhibition (@BDforever can confirm). As they abruptly turned to an European vendor says a lot of things regarding the mindset of the military leadership. I hope, but its certainly a dream, that they start looking into European options. We have good relation with countries like UK and France. Getting even second-hand Typhoons, Rafales, Scorpenes would be a huge deal.

if that comes with Russian engine don't you think it will good cost effective choice. Have AESA radar like Mig-35 (though Mig-35's radar isn't operational yet AFAIK), more hard point than Mig-35, can fire AShM. So we can have two platform for maritime strike. Isn't it better thing to do rather putting all eggs into one basket. If Russia flips we can use J-10, same thing for Chinese if they flips. Two maritime strike platform will boost BAF's power, and they won't have rely on only one party. and no one is reliable. Look what Russia did to India about Su-30MKI, they didn't transfer the engine tech to them. China promised they will make F-7BGI almost new and 4th gen fighter which will be able to shoot AShM, BVR but they didn't. Both Russia and China voted against Myanmar regulation. So we can't do anything about it unless we make fighter ourselves. It won't be bad step against Burmese JF-17 as they will have two maritime strike platform too (JF-17 and possible Su-30).
Bro we BD members here, every single of us was saying this same thing until you know.....

you think european are more reliable?
Certainly not....:woot::woot::enjoy:

Last edited:
Dont think BAF will purchase any Chinese jet for now Albeit I saw some Chinese yesterday in BAF Track suits beside BAF Kurmitola Camp. Did they bring the offers LOL :lol::lol::lol:

The only reason BAF might go for Mig 35 eventually is that otherwise Russians wont give SU series as per their condition.

:stop::stop:
J 10 is an excellent fighter jet. But I don't wish BAF to procure from an unreliable political partner. It would be a blunder that will make us bleed, literally.
:closed:

@UKBengali @Bilal9

Let us assume this offer is real.

The J-10C must surely be at or near the level of Eurofighter and Rafale. It will be able to hold it's own against the Indian Rafale and have an edge over the SU-30MKi in air-to-air combat.
BD's real enemy is India and not Myanmar which is pretty insignificant as BD is nearly 4 times as wealthy. China will 100% back and supply BD in war against India due to mutual interests.
With Chinese soft-loans and a price-tag around 2/3rds that of the Euro-canards BD can afford to replace all it's 40 or so F-7s with the J-10C by 2022.
As for Myanmar, that can be taken care of by purchase of jets from Russia and EU(prefer Gripen). BD should take this offer if true of Chinese J-10Cs and hold out for Su-30SMEs from Russia. Once Russia sees that BD has other options it will stop trying to flog the crappy Mig-35 and earn some money by selling the SU-30SME. A single squadron of 16 SU-30SMEs or 16 Gripens will suffice to hold off the MAF airforce since both BD Army and Navy are superior than Myanmar's.
BD should not completely take China out of it's defence matrix as China is the best bet to counter India. By all means diversify away from China but to completely shut the door to them would be a mistake.

বিডি মিলিটারি এজ ইউজুয়াল গুলাইয়া ফেলসে আরকি।
I don't think BD military is amateur so they will mix up. Perhaps they have some good reason.so it's not wise to make such remarks IMHO.
However isn't this website official site of bangladesh armed forces?

Last edited:
OMG your foreign policy is literally being controlled by New Delhi and you are talking about China being an unreliable partner. China has done more for this neighbourhood then any other country.

how's China's contribution working for Sri-lanka, Myanmar's port? And Japan is bigger contributor than China here. :offpost:

I don't think BD military is amateur so they will mix up. Perhaps they have some good reason.maybe it's too early to make such remarks!
However isn't this website official site of bangladesh armed forces?

No, ISPR only.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom