What's new

China is building its second carrier

It took china 14 years to furnish Ukraine platform. I do not know how many years will china take to build a new career. My conservative estimate is 2 decades atleast.

Keep in mind that China had no prior expertise on carrier construction.

Please provide a reasonable analysis, or source of the same, that says this problem cannot be solved.
If India is buying F35, then that is different.
But the point is they are using a MIG29 on a modi helicopter carrier. That's the problem. Everything about the Vikramatiya is so wrong from start to the end. And them Indians keep saying how much experience they have.

a kid high on troll steroid....
False Flager ashamed of his country thread.

No you do not have a A/C. You have a helicopter carrier. Good luck trying to use it as an aircraft carrier!

The Ministry of National Defence has come out with a denial when asked about the “accident” during a regular press briefing held on 30.10.2014:

国防部:“辽宁舰发生蒸汽爆炸”报道不合事实|军演|中国军队_凤凰资讯

Idiot do not understand the difference between Heli ship and A/C. COme and face us in Hind Mahasagar. We shall show you what we have.

Keep in mind that China had no prior expertise on carrier construction.
True. Tell this to the idiots who say that we shall build A/c by 2016 etc. These Jokers ridicules themselves when the forget their capability while trolling here.

Idiot do not understand the difference between Heli ship and A/C. COme and face us in Hind Mahasagar. We shall show you what we have.

I am not an expert on aircraft carrier but I can already see many problems for Vikramatiya.

Vikramatiya’s infrastructure is near the center of the carrier. Because it used to be a helicopter carrier.

This is proper aircraft carrier infrastructure… at the edge of the carrier.

This is Vikramatiya’s Lifts. Small and Cramp built for small helicopters.Only one lift can be use for the MIG29

This is what an aircraft carrier lift should be like. Spacious wuth one side facing the edge.

Vikramatiya do not have blast shield. You will have to clear eveything behind the engine or it will be blasted into the sea..

All aircraft carriers have blast shield. Like this.

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/t...ary/9721a5706879492b5b64ed0cf3b31adb.jpg.html

Last edited:
Continue

On top of these deficiencies, This is Vikramatiya’s Bridge. It’s so out of date.

This is a modern warship Bridge

China also have a Kiev class helicopter carrier. But its only good enough as a floating hotel.

So good luck trying to use this modified helicopter carrier as an aircraft carrier.

All valid points I think

@post #38,the second pic from another AC (Liaoning) and post #39 from Liaoning and another AC appear to have a better design in the visible deck areas such as they are providing more flexibilites to accomodate larger aircraft in elevators, empowering the aircraft's takeoff (blast shield), providing more space and optional runways for landing, taking off and during emergency

It is baffling to understand why the bridge / control tower of the Indian aircraft carrier has to be built so close to the center of the deck. May be for proper balancing of the vessel? or may be as you said it was originally designed as a helicopter carrier!

Edit: the design of the control tower of the Indian AC is not like those of helicopter carriers of other countries. ALL the control towers of other helicopter carriers are either flush with or built as close to the edge of the starboard side of the vessels. See the pix below:

So the Indian a/c was not designed as a helicopter carrier at all or it is designed poorly so

Helicopter carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. France / Russia Mistral
p18e2dvflh1auhr0utt1ofa1g5m2.jpg

2. Australia HMAS Canberra (L02)

2177706.jpg

3. ROKS
Dokdo (LPH-6111)

dokdo1.jpg

dokdo6.jpg

4. USN

Tarawa
tarawa2.jpg

5. HMS
Ocean (L12)

ocean3.jpg

6 Japan Osumi

osumi1.jpg

images

Chinese print-art printing

Last edited:
It is baffling to understand why the bridge / control tower of the Indian aircraft carrier has to be built so close to the center of the deck. May be for proper balancing of the vessel? or may be as you said it was originally designed as a helicopter carrier!
Tower = Island.

There is a real science behind the island's deck location. One of them is the turbulence created by the island that WILL affect air operations. Other considerations are the type of air operation, which produces what kind of deck movements, which affect where the island could/should be to optimize these movements on limited real estate.

Here is a 1977 USN paper on carrier deck design...

https://www.cna.org/sites/default/files/research/0203320000.pdf

It is old but still very interesting and will provide the casual reader with enough information to point out more complex issues.

I am not an expert on aircraft carrier but I can already see many problems for Vikramatiya.

Vikramatiya’s infrastructure is near the center of the carrier. Because it used to be a helicopter carrier.

This is proper aircraft carrier infrastructure… at the edge of the carrier.

This is Vikramatiya’s Lifts. Small and Cramp built for small helicopters.Only one lift can be use for the MIG29

This is what an aircraft carrier lift should be like. Spacious wuth one side facing the edge.

Vikramatiya do not have blast shield. You will have to clear eveything behind the engine or it will be blasted into the sea..

All aircraft carriers have blast shield. Like this.

Vikramaditya is exactly what it is designed for. DO not be nonsense. It is not like something which we designed something and it turned out to be something. Earlier India had a plan to have a bellow 25 tons air defense ship, India had never planned for big ships as they were not our requirement. It offers us exactly what we had planned for.

However i am sure that you had not designed an aircraft career with steam leakage and unfit to go to high sea to fight. This is the difference.

All valid points I think

@post #38,the second pic from another AC (Liaoning) and post #39 from Liaoning and another AC appear to have a better design in the visible deck areas such as they are providing more flexibilites to accomodate larger aircraft in elevators, empowering the aircraft's takeoff (blast shield), providing more space and optional runways for landing, taking off and during emergency

Chinese print-art printing
I's because Ruski's designed it as a heli carrying cruiser.When they turned it to an AC;they rebuilt the flight deck.In the process the island got near the center of the carrier.Overall Vikramaditya is 10% larger than the original design.If you see Liaoning and Vikramaditya in picture you will understand.

1.Liaoning
0000000000000000001.jpg

2.Vikramaditya
000000000000000000.jpg

3.kiev class
kiev_class_l4.jpg

Last edited:

If you are not an aircraft carrier expert, then how can you legitimately point out there are problems ? By the way, it is not 'infrastructure' but 'island'. You are too lazy to do even basic research and have the gall to call out the ship's problems ?

Back
Top Bottom