What's new

China is building its second carrier

It took china 14 years to furnish Ukraine platform. I do not know how many years will china take to build a new career. My conservative estimate is 2 decades atleast.

It took china 14 years to furnish Ukraine platform. I do not know how many years will china take to build a new career. My conservative estimate is 2 decades atleast.
And how much vikramaditiya took,
60,000 ton
Type 089 aircraft carriers based on the Varyag are due to be finished by 2015.
asahi.com(朝日新聞社):China to start construction of 1st aircraft carriers next year - English
In December 2013 China's Central Military Commission told Duowei News it planned to commission two Liaoning-pattern aircraft carriers by 2020, designated as Type 001A. Contracts have been awarded to China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation to build the two carriers. The cost is projected to be US$9 billion.
New aircraft carriers to be built in Dalian and Shanghai: source|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

Type 052D took less than 2 years to build. I think carrier takes a few years to build. It took a long time for China to study its first carrier.

2 decades

China !?
622.gif

That has more to do with poor project management. China has built some very large displacement ships in a short time period, given the right management they can built a carrier in less then a decade. For any ship to be built you need to set deadlines for each phase of construction, figures out how many employees are needed, schedule employees/department so they do not interfere or slow down other department and have a steady shipment of supplies so workers don't stand around.

Waste of money IMO.
Should build more submarines and anti air destroyers first.

We shall see who will first to get the indigeniously built carrier ready India or China...anyone want to bet??
now the clock is ticking.

India-INS-Vikrant.jpg

If you count from the year it was dry docked and work actually started, it actually to took China only 6 years not 14 years.
Vikramaditya on the other hand took 9 years and was much smaller....and still do not have air defense.

Back
Top Bottom