What's new

China is building a string of artificial islands to fortify its position in the disputed South China

You can choose not to trade with that country. :D

And now you know the answer. Because we trust Japan more, after all we have forgiven them unlike your country who is still angry at Japan for the two Sino-Japanese Wars

Is this Obama speaking? China writing the rules for Asia while USA should be the one writing the rules?

Oh don't mistake me for that black libbie president. :cheesy:

Get over it! Not everyone will support China here in Far East, even if we are a minority.

Why do you think that the country is backwards? Foreign entanglements? It is just a quarter and the main reason is that the local Chinese community only care about themselves; they don't care about the development of the country, they only care about making profits for their own business empire.

An economy supported by Mainland China would only empower the local Chinese community further.
Stop blaming on local Chinese. It's more of local Philippine collaborating with American imperialist that sip off all the wealth of Philippine. This lousy trick of blaming local Chinese is used by Indonesian as a scapegoat excuse and doesn't work very well for them. They abandon this policy and instead work hand in hand Chinesd indonesian are Chinese are more well integrated into their society. Indonesia now is doing very well and far ahead of Philippines.

And now you know the answer. Because we trust Japan more, after all we have forgiven them unlike your country who is still angry at Japan for the two Sino-Japanese Wars

Oh don't mistake me for that black libbie president. :cheesy:

Get over it! Not everyone will support China here in Far East, even if we are a minority.

As if we give a shit if VN and Philippines don't support China. Both countries eagerly joined AIIB that should say enough, nobody pointed a gun to force you guys to join a Chinese led bank.

And now you know the answer. Because we trust Japan more, after all we have forgiven them unlike your country who is still angry at Japan for the two Sino-Japanese Wars.

But the problem is , is it working well for Philippine? Japan has try that before and they know the bad result. Japanese are more realistic and practical people and do whatever is best for their country. They soften their stance and admit the island problem. Same as vietnam, they stop anti China from being developed and focus more on developing deeper economy ties with China.

You can make your choice but you must look at the result of your choice and then make the next better step. Being stubborn and choose the continue doom route is just a plain selfish decision.

Have you ever really care about ordinary lives of Pinoys?

As if we give a shit if VN and Philippines don't support China. Both countries eagerly joined AIIB that should say enough, nobody pointed a gun to force you guys to join a Chinese led bank.

Not guns, but slapping our faces with Chinese gold.

But the problem is , is it working well for Philippine? Japan has try that before and they know the bad result. Japanese are more realistic and practical people and do whatever is best for their country. They soften their stance and admit the island problem. Same as vietnam, they stop anti China from being developed and focus more on developing deeper economy ties with China.

You can make your choice but you must look at the result of your choice and then make the next better step. Being stubborn and choose the continue doom route is just a plain selfish decision.

Have you ever really care about ordinary lives of Pinoys?

Was it really on their own accord or was this because in part of Chinese coercion?

Sure it may be economically impractical but I cannot help but think Chinese government coercion is part-reason why Japan and Vietnam softened their stance.

And what is more selfish? Our decision to be stubborn OR taking an entire sea region as their own lake "based" on ancient maps that doesn't have much relevance to modern-day geopolitics?

Well after slapping Japan with so many gold bars , they still refused to join the bank.

Then you got to thank our local Chinese community here who got enamored with your gold-slapping.

the differences between us, im talking about the history of 1000 years long history of Turks Empire, and you always try to mention the 20th century. i wouldnt even impressed if you start talking since 1990, as Chine starts gaining power..
you better go to play your video games..
the difference is, we Turks never really care who you are, if you hurt me, you will get hurt!!
in Cyprus war(1972), the Whole EUrope and USA said that if we attack Cyprus, they will stop us by force. But we took the island within some hours.. and nobody got balls to fight with Turks.. you know how? those time, parachute troops (airborne) were not really well known. even elite forces like USA didnt have many. WHen Greece attacked, they were waiting us by surrounding the Island with navy and submarine. by Turkey decided to have thousands of soldiers, trained them within days to be able to jump from parachute. and the result, within ours, the whole island were under Turkey. I feel like a History teacher today. i deserve some chocolate, chinese style ;)
Northern Cyprus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in Greece, 1995, you probably never heard of Kardak, when there were an island appeared and Greece special forces landed on Island and declared that its their own. Whole EUrope was again ready to fight and they said any way of using army will be punished!
but while those "special forces" for securing the flag, Turkey changed the Greece flag to Turkish, and they only knew about it the next morning, which you can see from Greece itself. The same day, defence minister and several others resigned and well, it still in Turkey.. ;)

Imia/Kardak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
During the crisis, at the night of 28 January, Greek special forces landed secretly on the east islet undetected. On 31 January at 1:40 am Turkish special forces SAT Commandos also landed undetected on the west islet and once again changed the flag escalating the tensions. It was not until 4 hours later when the Greeks noticed this when a Greek helicopter took off at 5:30 am from the Greek frigate "Navarino" for reconnaissance. During the mission it crashed over the islets (some speculating due to Turkish fire), but this was concealed by both states[7] to prevent further escalation. Three Greek officers on the helicopter died (Christodoulos Karathanasis, Panagiotis Vlahakos, and Ektoras Gialopsos).

Who ever produce its own army technology, can be a game changer in any war! thats the reason Arabs keep good relations with France, CHine and Russia(at some point, as recently through Egypt).
thats what we are going to be. once we supply Malasia and Indonesia with those tecnologies, you will understand what i meant..
Impressive Great Turkey achievement! You dare to confront the superpowers like Cyprus and Greece. We Chinese were too weak, we only fought with USA in 1950-1953,fought with India in 1962,fought with USSR in 1969,fought with Vietnam in 1979-1990,all these countries were just tiny power when compared with Cyprus and Greece. And as your history teachers always teach you: we lost all the wars mentioned above. And nowadays, USA which is the weakest country in human history has stationed more than 60% of its military force to surround us,but it still cannot stop us to expand our national interest quickly.
One more thing,I respect the achievement of Ottoman Empire GREATLY. But Ottoman Empire was the past, Turkey is the reality, please get used to your new position,we Chinese last Qing Empire also lost too much land including today's Mogol,Korea,Vietnam,Nepal,and many other affiliated countries,we got much hurt after 19th century,but we get used to the new world order painfully and adapt to it,dont play some games beyond your capability,it is very dangerous for Turkey surrounded by so many powers,specially you are at very important strategic position.

Last edited:
Was it really on their own accord or was this because in part of Chinese coercion?

Sure it may be economically impractical but I cannot help but think Chinese government coercion is part-reason why Japan and Vietnam softened their stance.

And what is more selfish? Our decision to be stubborn OR taking an entire sea region as their own lake "based" on ancient maps that doesn't have much relevance to modern-day geopolitics?

Then you got to thank our local Chinese community here who got enamored with your gold-slapping.
You have to answer for your own people economy woes. Do CCP need to answer for flippino living in squatter or living on rubbish? No countries owe another. But each government needs to answer its action for her own people.

You are mixing up facts.

Sorry for interrupting your CN-PH debate, but I must make a little correction.

VietNam has not toned down its anti-China rhetorics, it is China who is toning down its anti-VN rhetorics. Only a few weeks ago, VietNam issued an official criticism against China's land reclamation. While it was Xi who recently invited the VCP general secretary to visit China. Note that the VCP general secretary did not invite Xi to visit VietNam in return.

OK I'll leave you guys to your debate.

Sorry for interrupting your CN-PH debate, but I must make a little correction.

VietNam has not toned down its anti-China rhetorics, it is China who is toning down its anti-VN rhetorics. Only a few weeks ago, VietNam issued an official criticism against China's land reclamation. While it was Xi who recently invited the VCP general secretary to visit China. Note that the VCP general secretary did not invite Xi to visit VietNam in return.

OK I'll leave you guys to your debate.
Do not act as you poor guys hold good cards. What we did is very common diplomatic activity,we did this because it could give us an excuse to tell the world:we had did something to calm down the SCS conflict,but the other side ignored this friendly activity,so we have to adopt other actions. That is ALL, do not dream too much. If we have overwhelming power,why should our leaders be eager to talk with you,just use your brain,it is a trick!
By the way,Japan ofenly did this when referring to China-Japan relation. Japan surely knew our leaders would not meet their leaders to discuss our conflicts, and they did not want to discuss our conflicts either. However,for winning international media support,they purposely invited our leaders to meet,and then, they blamed us for refusing to meet. They did this so many times that our officials were very familiar with this little trick. As a new player,wish you get used to it.

Last edited:
Do not act as you poor guys hold good cards. What we did is very common diplomatic activity,we did this because it could give us an excuse to tell the world:we had did something to calm down the SCS conflict,but the other side ignored this friendly activity,so we have to adopt other actions. That is ALL, do not dream too much. If we have overwhelming power,why should our leaders be eager to talk with you,just use your brain,it is a trick!
By the way,Japan ofenly did this when referring to China-Japan relation. Japan surely knew our leaders would not meet their leaders to discuss our conflicts, and they did not want to discuss our conflicts either. However,for winning international media support,they purposely invited our leaders to meet,and then, they blamed us for refusing to meet. They did this so many times,our officials are very familiar to this little trick. As a new player,wish you enjoy it.

I was just telling the bare facts, was I not? let me write those simple verifiable facts again:

-VietNam recently issued official statements criticizing China.
-Xi recently invited the VCP to visit China.
-The VCP didn't invite the CCP back.

These are facts as far as I know. You are welcomed to correct them if they are wrong, and I will admit my mistake if those aren't true facts. You can twist or re-interpreted it however you like, that's not my concern.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom