What's new

China is building a string of artificial islands to fortify its position in the disputed South China

I was just telling the bare facts, was I not? let me write those simple verifiable facts again:

-VietNam recently issued official statements criticizing China.
-Xi recently invited the VCP to visit China.
-The VCP didn't invite the CCP back.

These are facts as far as I know. You are welcomed to correct them if they are wrong, and I will admit my mistake if those aren't true facts. You can twist or re-interpreted it however you like, that's not my concern.
Forget what I said, I just waste my time.
The fact is: 1. We did not expect your response.2. We did not stop building islands.
Vietnam was ,is and will be NOT our diplomatic important target,you are not at strategic location ,lack of natural resource,and we don't need your deep port .So don't take diplomatic words so seriously. Is our one ordinary polite invitation so meaningful to your country?lol, it seems that we are still your master.

Last edited:
Sorry for interrupting your CN-PH debate, but I must make a little correction.

VietNam has not toned down its anti-China rhetorics, it is China who is toning down its anti-VN rhetorics. Only a few weeks ago, VietNam issued an official criticism against China's land reclamation. While it was Xi who recently invited the VCP general secretary to visit China. Note that the VCP general secretary did not invite Xi to visit VietNam in return.

OK I'll leave you guys to your debate.
VCP can reject the invitation. As simple as that. The criticism is mostly symbolic to please local vietnamese. Vietnam stop more provocation and anti China demo or any other event is straight prohibited. Vietnam seems to go along any organization China set up like the AIIB.

Forget what I said, I just waste my time.
The fact is: 1. We did not expect your response.2. We did not stop building islands.
Vietnam was ,is and will be NOT our diplomatic important target,you are not at stragetic location ,lack of natural resource,and we don't need your deep port .So don't take diplomatic words so seriously. Is our one ordinary polite invitation so meaningful to your country?lol, it seems that we are still your master.
VCP can reject the invitation. As simple as that. The criticism is mostly symbolic to please local vietnamese. Vietnam stop more provocation and anti China demo or any other event is straight prohibited. Vietnam seems to go along any organization China set up like the AIIB.

No, it is me who is wasting my time. I already knew both of you will twist it around.

So Xi invited the VCP for a visit. But it wasn't the CCP who is softening up, it is the fault of the VCP for not refusing the invitation?? This reasoning is quite funny.

I'm wasting my time here. So I'll just leave you with this youtube song:

Never discuss tatic or trick with some people from small countries,it is too hard for them to figure it out.Even though this trick seems too childish and naive for us,they still can not understand the point,but I am sure your officials can get the point. In the end,I shut my mouth. Thanks for listening.

Impressive Great Turkey achievement! You dare to confront the superpowers like Cyprus and Greece. We Chinese were too weak, we only fought with USA in 1950-1953,fought with India in 1962,fought with USSR in 1969,fought with Vietnam in 1979-1990,all these countries were just tiny power when compared with Cyprus and Greece. And as your history teachers always teach you: we lost all the wars mentioned above. And nowadays, USA which is the weakest country in human history has stationed more than 60% of its military force to surround us,but it still cannot stop us to expand our national interest quickly.
One more thing,I respect the achievement of Ottoman Empire GREATLY. But Ottoman Empire was the past, Turkey is the reality, please get used to your new position,we Chinese last Qing Empire also lost too much land including today's Mogol,Korea,Vietnam,Nepal,and many other affiliated countries,we got much hurt after 19th century,but we get used to the new world order painfully and adapt to it,dont play some games beyond your capability,it is very dangerous for Turkey surrounded by so many powers,specially you are at very important strategic position.
keep your advice for yourself! i just wanted to tell you that, next time you are typing something, dont decide which countries are men based on your call of duty experience!
this is the fact that, Chine didnt achive itself to become this big! you were just working force to supply USA(thanks to your population). Even the army technologies, you simply copied them from Russia!
Anyway, goog luck to you guys.. the history, will show us what comes next, what i want recommend you to check Turkish army technology thread. There are so many things going on.. by 2023, we will also produce our own 5th gen fighter,

keep your advice for yourself! i just wanted to tell you that, next time you are typing something, dont decide which countries are men based on your call of duty experience!
this is the fact that, Chine didnt achive itself to become this big! you were just working force to supply USA(thanks to your population). Even the army technologies, you simply copied them from Russia!
Anyway, goog luck to you guys.. the history, will show us what comes next, what i want recommend you to check Turkish army technology thread. There are so many things going on.. by 2023, we will also produce our own 5th gen fighter,
OK,advices accepted. Mighty Turkey? Enjoy your dream. You tried to prove the strong Turkey,but nobody in this planet buy your dreaming theory,look at your costal lines! What a mighty Turkey !you even can not handle with Greece navy!You tried EVERYTHING to degrade our military force,we would be VERY VERY happy if the USA believed in your words! I fully believe our government would love sponsoring you MUCH money to degrade our military force in Washington DC and persuade them to retreat their troops! We are too weak to be a qualified opponent,go to fight Russia Bear please.
To be honest, a mighty Turkey will never exist considered the history,religion,human race of Middle East. Not any global powers will support Turkey to be that role.You can wait for the invasion of Aliens,maybe you can fulfill your SWEET dream at that time. You can be angry,but you can't change the reality.
By the way,in 2013, we have 100 corporations in the list of top 500 global biggest corporations,and you have only one. Of course,you noble Turkey is producing high value products such as spaceships,carriers,cross continent missiles and so on,we can not make all these toys ,we Chinese just are work labors, hat off to the Noble Turkey ,and FUNNY Turkey.
End of discussion indeed! So boring.

Last edited:
No, it is me who is wasting my time. I already knew both of you will twist it around.

So Xi invited the VCP for a visit. But it wasn't the CCP who is softening up, it is the fault of the VCP for not refusing the invitation?? This reasoning is quite funny.

I'm wasting my time here. So I'll just leave you with this youtube song:

I am very sure you are a vietnamese. Cos it hurt your pride if you admit VCP soften it stance. As I say again. Xi invited VCP secretary for a visit when the issue of building large island on SCS started. If it's CCP soften it stance , China shall stop all island enlargement to please Philippine and vietnam, sounds logical? I am try pleasing you but I am building island on disputed area, does it sounds friendly? No. Yet VCP accepted Xi invitation when Chinese show no sign of stopping construction on SCS. Haha...

I am very sure you are a vietnamese. Cos it hurt your pride if you admit VCP soften it stance.

Friend, how many times have I already told you? I am an honorary Vietnamese member of PDF. So you should take my words as truthful Vietnamese words.

Also, I am very pro-China. I love and care about China. Why would you think it would hurt me if the VCP soften its anti-China stance? I would be very happy. A friendly and peaceful tie between the VCP and CCP is best for the development of both country.

But I care about Chinese friends like you so I'm just here to tell the truth. And we can discuss about the truth with each other. I think @BoQ77 also has the same mind, but I'm not sure if he is anti or pro-China though.

As I say again. Xi invited VCP secretary for a visit when the issue of building large island on SCS started. If it's CCP soften it stance , China shall stop all island enlargement to please Philippine and vietnam, sounds logical? I am try pleasing you but I am building island on disputed area, does it sounds friendly? No. Yet VCP accepted Xi invitation when Chinese show no sign of stopping construction on SCS. Haha...

I just told you the truth, which are not opinions but verifiable facts:

1. President Xi and chinese state media spoke soft words about VN (I gave lots of links in another thread).
2. VCP officials issued statements criticizing China.
3. Xi invited VCP for a visit.
4. VCP did not invite CCP back during that visit.

Yes, you can say China is not friendly by building those Islands. But I only said China is toning down its anti-VN rhetorics, not turning totally friendly with VN. So you cannot deny that the CCP inviting VCP over and speaking soft words is softening its stance, to a certain degree, compared to the harsh words spoken last year.

I know you are very good at twisting truths to make it fit your argument. I think you even have the ability to make 2+2=5 in order to suits your argument. But I'm not here to debate this. I'm just here to tell you some truth. You can believe it or not.

Ottoman Rising ! ;)
:lol: Ha! good one

I am very sure you are a vietnamese. Cos it hurt your pride if you admit VCP soften it stance. As I say again. Xi invited VCP secretary for a visit when the issue of building large island on SCS started. If it's CCP soften it stance , China shall stop all island enlargement to please Philippine and vietnam, sounds logical? I am try pleasing you but I am building island on disputed area, does it sounds friendly? No. Yet VCP accepted Xi invitation when Chinese show no sign of stopping construction on SCS. Haha...
You know he used to be Black Flag? Had a name change.

:lol: Ha! good one

You know he used to be Black Flag? Had a name change.

The one that got banned? LOL... Now used a Japanese name? I wouldnt even know he is vietnamese using this kind of name but the moment they spurt their mouth with nonsense regarding China and brag about vietnam. They shall cannot escape their identity. Same as the carlosa, claiming to be spanish but is just a vietnamese to afraid to reveal their real nationality.

The one that got banned? LOL... Now used a Japanese name? I wouldnt even know he is vietnamese using this kind of name but the moment they spurt their mouth with nonsense regarding China and brag about vietnam. They shall cannot escape their identity. Same as the carlosa, claiming to be spanish but is just a vietnamese to afraid to reveal their real nationality.

You sound so innocent sometime lol. This is the same account as my black flag account, it is not banned. Webmaster just changed the name for me (I actually wanted the name "NiceGirl"). In the first and second week of my name change, I've even wrote clearly in my signature that my old name was black flag, how could you miss that out? My friend @Jlaw even created a new account just to bump the name change thread. :D

And I've already told you personally that I'm an honorary Vietnamese member just recently in another thread. How can you be so forgetful? :lol: Or are you just turning this into some kind of personal victory?

Anyway, now do you want to discuss some truth with me, together as friends?

Friend, how many times have I already told you? I am an honorary Vietnamese member of PDF. So you should take my words as truthful Vietnamese words.

Also, I am very pro-China. I love and care about China. Why would you think it would hurt me if the VCP soften its anti-China stance? I would be very happy. A friendly and peaceful tie between the VCP and CCP is best for the development of both country.

But I care about Chinese friends like you so I'm just here to tell the truth. And we can discuss about the truth with each other. I think @BoQ77 also has the same mind, but I'm not sure if he is anti or pro-China though.

I just told you the truth, which are not opinions but verifiable facts:

1. President Xi and chinese state media spoke soft words about VN (I gave lots of links in another thread).
2. VCP officials issued statements criticizing China.
3. Xi invited VCP for a visit.
4. VCP did not invite CCP back during that visit.

Yes, you can say China is not friendly by building those Islands. But I only said China is toning down its anti-VN rhetorics, not turning totally friendly with VN. So you cannot deny that the CCP inviting VCP over and speaking soft words is softening its stance, to a certain degree, compared to the harsh words spoken last year.

I know you are very good at twisting truths to make it fit your argument. I think you even have the ability to make 2+2=5 in order to suits your argument. But I'm not here to debate this. I'm just here to tell you some truth. You can believe it or not.

Vietnamese is very cool in mind, except some last year rioters.
I am keen for Truth, even ugly Truth. I'm anti corruption no matter whether from China or Vietnam
I'm anti imperialism, American or Japanese or Chinese, French.
But I'm pro peaceful people : there're many peaceful American, Japanese, Chinese, French people ... even during wartime with us.

Vietnamese is very cool in mind, except some last year rioters.
I am keen for Truth, even ugly Truth. I'm anti corruption no matter whether from China or Vietnam
I'm anti imperialism, American or Japanese or Chinese, French.
But I'm pro peaceful people : there're many peaceful American, Japanese, Chinese, French people ... even during wartime with us.

:cheers:

I feel the same bro. I just want to seek the truth and talk about truth, good or bad. Stand up for the good people, condemn the bad aspect of humanity (fascism, racism, etc.).

Yongshudao(Fiery Cross Island)Phase I gaining speed

004932n0n3ndr8tnunsnsd.jpg

004939i4h4rx7em7q4207h.jpg

Phase II under preparation。

U.S. Official: China island building now totals 2,000 acres
by Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press 4:01 p.m. EDT May 8, 2015
TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

WASHINGTON — China's rapidly expanding campaign to construct artificial islands, potentially for military use or airstrips, now totals about 2,000 acres and could far outstrip that amount as the year goes on, a senior defense official said Friday.

The new estimate, disclosed for the first time, comes as the Pentagon released its annual report on China's military power. The report warns that while Beijing's island construction intent is unclear, five emerging outposts could be used for surveillance systems, harbors, an airfield and logistical support.

The wide-ranging report also details Chinese government-backed cyberattacks against the U.S. government to collect intelligence and steal high-tech data from defense programs to support China's industry. And it warns that China now "boasts the most dynamic space program in the world today."

The document also repeats persistent U.S. concerns about China's growing capacity to project military power beyond its borders, with continued investments in new missiles, ships, and aircraft as well as cyber, space and electronic warfare.

For the first time, however, the report describes the "extensive" land reclamation at five outposts in the Spratly Islands, adding that at four of the sites the work has shifted to mainly development and construction.

The report says China had reclaimed about 500 acres as of late last December, underscoring the dramatic increase in the past four months. The defense official said the construction has been methodical and continuous since December. The official was not authorized to discuss the issue publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

According to the report, China's government says the projects "are mainly for improving the living and working conditions of those stationed on the islands. However, most analysts outside China believe that China is attempting to change facts on the ground by improving its defense infrastructure in the South China Sea."

Although it is unclear what will ultimately be built on these expanded outposts, the report says they could include harbors, communications and surveillance systems, logistics support, and at least one airfield.

China's reclamation program in disputed waters of the South China Sea dwarfs that of any other nation and has inflamed tensions in the region. Last month, the Philippines urged its fellow Southeast Asian countries to take immediate steps to halt the building, warning that failure to do so will allow Beijing take "de facto control" of the area.

According to the defense official, Vietnam has reclaimed about 60 acres of land since 2009. And the report said that Taiwan began a "modest land reclamation effort" on Itu Aba Island last year, and has reclaimed about five acres near the island's airstrip. There are reports that Taiwan is building a $100 million port near the airstrip that could accommodate naval frigates and coast guard cutters, the Pentagon said.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom