What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

:) Exactly. It is already happening. Looks like, with growth, per capita expenditure is also growing fast.

Tourism Flows Domestic in China
Jul 2014 |

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

TRENDS

Tourism flows domestic in China recorded a healthy increase of 12% in terms of the number of trips in 2013, resulting from the steady growth of China’s economy and rising income levels of Chinese residents. The convenient and fast public transportation system in modern China was another major factor behind the robust performance of domestic tourism during the review period. The rapidly-developing high-speed rail network and an increasing number of airlines and flights across the country have made it easier for Chinese consumers to travel domestically. The popularity of self-drive travel in China over the review period, due to China’s increasing level of private car ownership and constantly expanding highway network, also contributed to the vigorous growth of domestic tourism in China in 2013; however, impacted by the dynamic development of outbound tourism, growth in 2013 slowed down slightly in terms of the number of tourism trips compared to growth in the previous year.

Here is a detailed database:

Domestic Tourism (STATCHINA) - Data and Charts from Quandl
I have just finished my one-day exhausting visit to China(Wuhan) international garden expo, such a charming place. I'm convinced it will attract millions of tourists when it is officially open on this Friday(last until next May), especially tourists traveling via high-speed railway. There are more than 500 bullet trains daily in Wuhan on normal weekday.

I will creat a thread.
Btw this expo was rebuilt on notorious trash dumps!
@Yizhi @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet @Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon

Some of my favorites gardens!
Zhenjiang Garden
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1442999653.520761.jpg

Taiwan Garden
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1442999688.454393.jpg

Kunming Garden
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1442999741.199393.jpg

Dutch Garden
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1442999786.985679.jpg

Changsha Garden
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1442999832.892456.jpg

Taiyuan Garden
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1442999866.625660.jpg

Jinan Garden
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1442999992.170930.jpg

Nanning Garden
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443000051.701045.jpg

Last edited:
A foreigner's experience on China's high-speed rail
By Chasen Richter Senior student at Boston College

"Excuse me. May I take a photo?" a man asked me in Guangzhou. As a 6'2", blond American, I got that a lot during my 10-day trip in August to study China's high-speed rail system (HSR). I started in Hong Kong and ended in Beijing, covering more than 2,400 miles over 30 hours on the train.

So what did I learn?

First, China's HSR is incredibly sophisticated in terms of its engineering and efficiency. As a frequent traveler on America's Amtrak system, I can say that China's HSR is light-years ahead. My longest delay was two minutes.

Second, people were kind and went out of their way to help me. The woman sitting next to me on the train to Jinjiang, for example, ended up driving me to the Anta factor in Jinjiang when I realized it was far from the station. And when I accidentally took a train to Fuzhou in Jiangxi province rather than to Fuzhou in Fujian province (a classic Western mistake, I'm told), the train personnel helped me sort it out and assisted in getting me to the right place.

Of course it helped that I am conversant in Mandarin. Outside of Shanghai, little English is spoken so I wouldn't advise travelling alone without some language skills.

Third, the scale of China is mind-boggling. When I stumbled upon Fuzhou (Jiangxi), I came across a greater city area larger than Chicago, America's third-largest city, yet by Chinese standards, it's a third-tier city in terms of population.

Finally, I observed first-hand that the speed and convenience of the HSR is altering consumption and business patterns for Chinese living outside the bigger cities. Passengers carried bags of toys, clothing and infant formula procured now by a short train ride to Xiamen or Fuzhou rather than a four-hour drive just a few years ago. In business, people can now get to Xiamen, a rising investment center, for meetings in just 18 minutes on the train versus an hour and a half in the car. And it's now just 45-minutes from Hangzhou to Shanghai (previously, it took four hours), greatly increasing connectivity and investment between the two cities.

As China's economy shifts to media and technology enterprises, its network of safe, reliable high-speed trains is a boon for its people and for foreigners wanting to travel the country

China HSR Network by 20 September 2015
屏幕快照 2015-09-23 18.55.12.png

Lao'anshan Tunnel
15161m, the second longest tunnel of Xi'an-Chengdu HSR
The first cross-Qin Mountains tunnel holing-through in September

20150924101509716.jpg

Xi'an-Chengdu HSR
is the first high-speed railway line which traverses mountainous regions of Qin Mountains and Daba Mountains, due in 2017. The geologically complicated landforms makes this line the most complex standardised modern railway so far. The trans-Qin-Mountains section was 135km and thereinto 127km were tunnels. The bridges and tunnels constitute 98% of total length in Ningxia County with investment of nearly 5 billion yuan for 40 kilometre. The longest tunnel (Mount Tianhua Tunnel, 15.9km) is also located in this county, setting a new record of all HSR tunnels in China. Qin Mountains' tunnels are desgined with the sharpest railway slope(2.5%) so far and the continuous slope is 46km in length, which is the first trial on standard mountainous HSRs in China.

屏幕快照 2015-03-14 22.09.04.png

SXRB201509072237000547317493025.jpg
SXRB201509072237000542027746656.jpg

The 2nd Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway - Jing-Hu HSR East :D

Beijing-Weifang-Linyi-Lianyungang-Huaian-Yangzhou-Zhengjiang-Shanghai

142101nzm79zeemncdcxc8.jpg

Beijing-Weifang(350kph,sharing tracks with the Beijing-Qingdao HSR)
Weifang-Linyi-Lianyungang(350kph)
Lianyungang-Huaian-Yangzhou-Zhengjiang(250kph,work to start this year)
Zhengjiang-Shanghai(350kph)

The 2nd Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway - Jing-Hu HSR East :D

Beijing-Weifang-Linyi-Lianyungang-Huaian-Yangzhou-Zhengjiang-Shanghai

Beijing-Weifang(350kph,sharing tracks with the Beijing-Qingdao HSR)
Weifang-Linyi-Lianyungang(350kph)
Lianyungang-Huaian-Yangzhou-Zhengjiang(250kph,work to start this year)
Zhengjiang-Shanghai(350kph)
I think the southern section should be closer to the coast and crosses Yangtze River in Nantong.
Or a third route?
Beijing-Shandong-Jiangsu-Shanghai corridor has great potential.

Honestly, I'm not a great fan of moon cakes at all. :D
I am not a fan of sweet moon cake, Beijing/Cantonese/Hokkien style.
But Shanghai style meat moon cake is really good.
It is freshly baked, eat when it is hot, some meat soup inside!
Now u have to wait for hours in those meat moon cake shops in Shanghai.
If u have ever seen people queueing on Huaihai Road in Shanghai, they must be waiting for meat moon cakes. They are sold everyday, not just during Mid-autumn Day.

But Shanghai style meet moon cake is really good.

Never tried that before. I don't think that we have freshly baked meat moon cakes in all of Europe. :(

But Shanghai style meat moon cake is really good.
Now u have to wait for hours in those meat moon cake shops in Shanghai.
If u have ever seen people queueing on Huaihai Road in Shanghai, they must be waiting for meat moon cakes. They are sold everyday, not just during Mid-autumn Day.

Nanjing Road, not Huaihai Road, the latter is too posh for moon cakes. :D

It looks though China has bagged Indonesia’s HSR project:

快讯:印尼高官称欢迎中国的高铁方案 | 共同网

:-)

高速鉄道、中国案採用を伝達=インドネシア特使が菅官房長官に

時事通信 9月29日(火)14時4分配信

インドネシアの大統領特使は29日、菅義偉官房長官と首相官邸で会談し、同国の高速鉄道計画について、「中国提案を歓迎したい」として、中国案を採用することを伝えた。
 これに対し、菅長官は「日本案が選ばれなかったことは残念だ」と答えた。
 特使は中国案採用の理由について「中国側から、インドネシア政府の財政負担や債務保証を伴わずに事業を実施できるとの新たな提案があった」と説明。菅長官は「(計画採用に当たって)方針が急きょ変更され、中国案を歓迎することになった経緯は理解しがたく、極めて遺憾であると言わざるを得ない」と述べ、不快感を示した。

高速鉄道、中国案採用を伝達=インドネシア特使が菅官房長官に (時事通信) - Yahoo!ニュース

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom