What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

High-speed rail maker CRRC officially established
BEIJING, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) -- The establishment of Chinese high-speed rail (HSR) maker CRRC Corporation was officially announced on Monday.

Approved by the State Council, China's cabinet, two former HSR giants, China North Railway (CNR) and China South Railway (CSR), merged to become CRRC.

The merger of CNR and CSR was first announced on Oct. 30 last year.

The new conglomerate debuted on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and Hong Kong Stock Exchange on June 8. Its price stood at 13.23 yuan (2.08 U.S. dollars) per share after Monday's A-share trading.

Cui Dianguo, CRRC's chairman, said the corporation will help accelerate high-end equipment manufacturing in China, as well as the reform of state-owned enterprises.

The corporation's general manager, Liu Hualong, said that CRRC aims to become the world's leading investment group with high-end manufacturing and diversified capital operations.

Photo of a CRRC-made train on the Mitre commuter route in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Photo of a China-made train on the Mitre commuter route in Buenos Aires, Argentina. .jpg

A photographer takes pictures during the exhibition of China high-speed trains in Jakarta, Indonesia
XxjiweE005008_20150922_BNMFN0A002_11n.jpg

No expensive moon cakes.

Xi Da Da watching you :)

:). Shanghai's freshly baked meat moon cake is very affordable, only 3-4yuan each. Cantonese style smashed bean mooncake in Wuhan's biggest bakery chain costs 5yuan. If u mean those with fancy box, Xi Da Da will kill me!

:). Shanghai's freshly baked meat moon cake is very affordable, only 3-4yuan each. Cantonese style smashed bean mooncake in Wuhan's biggest bakery chain costs 5yuan. If u mean those with fancy box, Xi Da Da will kill me!

Very good. Xi Da Da is definitely killing the back of some out-of-control traditions.

I am now taking slow train to Yueyang City( famous for Yueyang Pavilion).
All high-speed trains(nearly one hundred daily) are sold out.
(National Day travel rush)

Two hours for 220km but waste one hour in Wuhan's two major railway station with 30 minutes stop in each station.

Anyway, I have not taken slow train for quite some time. A lot of passengers share the same destiny, bullet train tickets sold out even all standing tickets!

Let's have a look at China's traditional train!

Underground entrance & subway level
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443582004.576307.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443582034.205972.jpg

Relatively "empty", the real travel rush starts tonight after work.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443582061.353005.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443582146.980701.jpg

A lot of passengers take off.
Tourism boom!
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443582214.561752.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443582254.315774.jpg

Envy!
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443582277.760487.jpg

Relatively "empty" compared to bullet trains
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443582295.786390.jpg

Last edited:
Very good. Xi Da Da is definitely killing the back of some out-of-control traditions.
Indeed.

Some consumption was malignant. Although such malignant consumption has been put to an end, the overall retail sales is robustly growing at 10% growth rate.

This tendency further proves, China needs more balanced consumption structures, which will not harm Chinese market in the long run.

Indeed.

Some consumption was malignant. Although such malignant consumption has been put to an end, the overall retail sales is robustly growing at 10% growth rate.

This tendency further proves, China needs more balanced consumption structures, which will not harm Chinese market in the long run.

:china:

Everybody please do join. :)

Dragon's National Day: News and Images

Especially images are appreciated.

Will share TW's celebrations if I am not overseas during double-ten.

Sorry for off-topic, Mr. Jin, the thread owner...

Ten facts tell you China's incredible high-speed rail system
By Liang Jun -- September 29, 2015

I. China boasts the world's longest mileage of high-speed rail (HSR) line, followed by Japan and Spain. By the end of 2014, the mileage had reached 16,000 km, accounting for 60 percent of the world's total

II. The highest ridership in the world: In 2014, the HSR traffic volumes totaled 970 million, with average daily ridership reaching 2.49 million; from Jan. to Aug. in 2015, the traffic volumes amounted to 747 million, with average daily ridership increasing to 3.1 million.

III. World's fastest high-speed rail (HSR) trains: The rail from Shaoguan, Guangdong province, to the western section of Leiyang, Hunan province, is 248 km long and the train runs with a speed of 316.6 km/h for 47 minutes.

IV. The longest high-speed rail line: Harbin-Wuhan railway is 2,446 km long, 23 km longer than the Lanzhou-Xinjiang line and 25 km longer than Harbin-Shanghai line. It takes a train 14 hours and 38 minutes to run from Harbin, NE of China to Wuhan, the capital city of central China's Hubei Province.

V. The lowest line: Lanzhou-Xinjiang high-speed rail goes through the Turpan Basin in Xinjiang and most part of the basin is at an altitude below 500 meters. And the Ayding Lake, close to the southern foothills of the basin, is 155 meters below the sea level. It is the lowest point in China.

VI. The highest high-speed rail: Lanzhou-Xinjiang high-speed railway runs through the world's highest tunnel pass through the Qilian Mountains. The 9.49-km No. 2 tunnel connects Qinghai and Gansu provinces, with the highest altitude reaching 4,345 meters,which is the world's highest high-speed rail.

VII. The coldest high-speed railway: Harbin-Dalian high speed rail is 921 km long.According to meteorological records in the past 30 years, the temperature difference in a year of the three provinces in China's northeastern region reaches 80 degrees Celsius,making it the coldest region and the region with the maximum temperature difference in China.

VIII. The lowest ticket price: A economy-class ticket from Changle to Weifang in eastern China's Shandong Province, is the cheapest one, priced at 4.5 yuan. The train runs 24 km in only 12 minutes.

IX. The first profitable high-speed rail: On July 1, 2014 after the Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway was operated for three years, it announced it had turned a profit. It became China's first HSR to make money. As of June 30, 2015, the Beijing-Shanghai HSR has transport a total of 330 million passengers.

FOREIGN201509291414000187143453489.jpg

X. The most beautiful high-speed rail: With a design speed of 300km/h, the 848-km Hefei-Fuzhou HSR runs through Anhui, Jiangxi and Fujian provinces and eight well-known scenic spots.

FOREIGN201509291415000159213328854.jpg

Everybody please do join. :)

Dragon's National Day: News and Images

Especially images are appreciated.

Will share TW's celebrations if I am not overseas during double-ten.

Sorry for off-topic, Mr. Jin, the thread owner...

Ten facts tell you China's incredible high-speed rail system
By Liang Jun -- September 29, 2015

I. China boasts the world's longest mileage of high-speed rail (HSR) line, followed by Japan and Spain. By the end of 2014, the mileage had reached 16,000 km, accounting for 60 percent of the world's total

II. The highest ridership in the world: In 2014, the HSR traffic volumes totaled 970 million, with average daily ridership reaching 2.49 million; from Jan. to Aug. in 2015, the traffic volumes amounted to 747 million, with average daily ridership increasing to 3.1 million.

III. World's fastest high-speed rail (HSR) trains: The rail from Shaoguan, Guangdong province, to the western section of Leiyang, Hunan province, is 248 km long and the train runs with a speed of 316.6 km/h for 47 minutes.

IV. The longest high-speed rail line: Harbin-Wuhan railway is 2,446 km long, 23 km longer than the Lanzhou-Xinjiang line and 25 km longer than Harbin-Shanghai line. It takes a train 14 hours and 38 minutes to run from Harbin, NE of China to Wuhan, the capital city of central China's Hubei Province.

V. The lowest line: Lanzhou-Xinjiang high-speed rail goes through the Turpan Basin in Xinjiang and most part of the basin is at an altitude below 500 meters. And the Ayding Lake, close to the southern foothills of the basin, is 155 meters below the sea level. It is the lowest point in China.

VI. The highest high-speed rail: Lanzhou-Xinjiang high-speed railway runs through the world's highest tunnel pass through the Qilian Mountains. The 9.49-km No. 2 tunnel connects Qinghai and Gansu provinces, with the highest altitude reaching 4,345 meters,which is the world's highest high-speed rail.

VII. The coldest high-speed railway: Harbin-Dalian high speed rail is 921 km long.According to meteorological records in the past 30 years, the temperature difference in a year of the three provinces in China's northeastern region reaches 80 degrees Celsius,making it the coldest region and the region with the maximum temperature difference in China.

VIII. The lowest ticket price: A economy-class ticket from Changle to Weifang in eastern China's Shandong Province, is the cheapest one, priced at 4.5 yuan. The train runs 24 km in only 12 minutes.

IX. The first profitable high-speed rail: On July 1, 2014 after the Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway was operated for three years, it announced it had turned a profit. It became China's first HSR to make money. As of June 30, 2015, the Beijing-Shanghai HSR has transport a total of 330 million passengers.

FOREIGN201509291414000187143453489.jpg

X. The most beautiful high-speed rail: With a design speed of 300km/h, the 848-km Hefei-Fuzhou HSR runs through Anhui, Jiangxi and Fujian provinces and eight well-known scenic spots.

FOREIGN201509291415000159213328854.jpg
A terrific summary!
I have just arrived in Yueyang, a small city at the border of Hunan/Hubei Province.

It's raining, hope tomorrow the weather is better when I visit Yueyang Pavilion and Dongting Lake.
(Names of Hubei and Hunan come from this lake, literally means north to the lake and south to the lake)

Glad to see the traditional railway station is also well organized!
The last time I used this old railway was when I was 15 year old.

Old but clean!
(Bullet trains to the new railway station all sold out)
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443594602.790376.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443594672.774507.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443594698.103931.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443594727.883308.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443594785.896149.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1443594808.990956.jpg

$25 per day!!!
Happy National Day!

A terrific summary!
I have just arrived in Yueyang, a small city at the border of Hunan/Hubei Province.

It's raining, hope tomorrow the weather is better when I visit Yueyang Pavilion and Dongting Lake.
(Names of Hubei and Hunan come from this lake, literally means north to the lake and south to the lake)

Glad to see the traditional railway station is also well organized!
The last time I used this old railway was when I was 15 year old.

Old but clean!
(Bullet trains to the new railway station all sold out)
View attachment 261324

View attachment 261325

View attachment 261326

View attachment 261327

View attachment 261328

View attachment 261329
$25 per day!!!
Happy National Day!

Don't forget to devour succulent water chestnuts while sailing,err。。。boating on the Dongting Lake :D

The nation is on the move... Brace for it, CRRC!

Record rail trips expected during National Day holidays
September 30, 2015

China is expected to see more than 100 million passengers travel by railways during the coming week-long National Day Holidays from Oct. 1 to 7, the China Railway Corporation said on Wednesday.

The figure reached a record high, up 10 percent year on year, said the company.

A record 13.3 million passengers will take trains on Oct.1, up 13.4 percent from the same day last year thanks to the fast development of China's high-speed rail.

China has 17,000 kilometers of high-speed rail that extends through much of the country, according to the company.

Back
Top Bottom