What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

They are a semi-military organisation. I don't expect that.
The photo that a Korean sits makes me think of North Korea.

Even the Bundewehr commissioned a well known design studio for its PR works. I know the guy who did the new logo and all related graphic design works for them.

I mean, you build a great station and all you need is some ugly fonts plastered on the building and it looks like a building from China in the 1980s. :disagree:

Even the Bundewehr commissioned a well known design studio for its PR works. I know the guy who did the new logo and all related graphic design works for them.

I mean, you build a great station and all you need is some ugly fonts plastered on the building and it looks like a building from China in the 1980s. :disagree:
OK.
I don't like those characters on information desk, but I am Ok with characters on the station.
Those Chinese/Korean characters on the station is Han Dynasty style 2000 years ago.
Clerical script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
@cirr
Newest version of HSR jigsaw:enjoy:
Hope they can renew that metro-style HSR network map soon.

Attachments

• China-HSR-Network 20-9-2015.pdf
    1,010 KB · Views: 32
OK.
I don't like those characters on information desk, but I am Ok with characters on the station.
Those Chinese/Korean characters on the station is Han Dynasty style 2000 years ago.
Clerical script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm talking about the Latin letter. It's not just the railway stations, very often products from China get bad impression because they pay too little on packaging and design even though the product is good. Apple is successful because they pay attention even to the little dot of a brochure. Look at the high end brand from Europe how much attention they pay on details.

I'm talking about the Latin letter. It's not just the railway stations, very often products from China get bad impression because they pay too little on packaging and design even though the product is good. Apple is successful because they pay attention even to the little dot of a brochure. Look at the high end brand from Europe how much attention they pay on details.
OK. About latin letters, I agree.
I don't have any impression on Europeans brands, iPhone is perfect on package design.

OK. About latin letters, I agree.

Look at the Latin font outside the station (name of station) and the Latin font at the helping desk. One is a serif and the other is a sans serif. That just doesn't work. Now go to an Apple shop or open their website and see the difference. It's one font from start to the end. You can in fact compare with any other company in Europe as well.

Another friend of mine got an commission from Hyundai to create a Latin font for them that harmonizes with their Hangul font and they paid him handsomely. The Hangul font was also specially created for them.

Look at the Latin font outside the station (name of station) and the Latin font at the helping desk. One is a serif and the other is a sans serif. That just doesn't work. Now go to an Apple shop or open their website and see the difference. It's one font from start to the end. You can in fact compare with any other company in Europe as well.

Another friend of mine got an commission from Hyundai to create a Latin font for them that harmonizes with their Hangul font and they paid him handsomely. The Hangul font was also specially created for them.
I am actually for banning the use of English on the facade of railway stations.
But I agree they should be improved.

I am actually for banning the use of English on the facade of railway stations.
But I agree they should be improved.

Chinese Railways should commission a team of designers who is well versed in Chinese as well as European typography.

China should just stick to pinyin and don't translate everything into English as most of the time they are just horrible.

Chinese Railways should commission a team of designers who is well versed in Chinese as well as European typography.

China should just stick to pinyin and don't translate everything into English as most of the time they are just horrible.
hehe. True, those English is understood by nobody, just a sign of existence.

Very few can master two languages, and educators are lowering the scores of English test among overall scores.

hehe. True, those English is understood by nobody, just a sign of existence.

Very few can master two language, and educators are lowering the scores of English test in overall scores.

Beside getting rid of getting ridiculed for Chinglish, it's also a way to promote Chinese to a wider audience. People are forced to learn at least some words such as street names and names of places.

Beside getting rid of getting ridiculed for Chinglish, it's also a way to promote Chinese to a wider audience. People are forced to learn at least some words such as street names and names of places.
:D
屏幕快照 2015-09-21 12.47.59.png

屏幕快照 2015-09-21 12.47.37.png

Extension line of China's first high-speed railway starts running

An extension of China's first high-speed railway started services on Sunday with only about one hour travel time from Beijing to Tianjin's coastal commercial district.

The new line extends from Tianjin High Speed Railway Station, the previous terminal, to Yujiapu business district in Binhai New Area.

The extension is part of a bigger plan for the integration of Beijing, neighboring Tianjin Municipality and Hebei province.

"A one-hour transportation grid, formed by inter-city rails and metros, will be formed in a 70-kilometer radius around Beijing," said Zhou Zhengyu, director of Beijing transport commission .

The extension runs over 45 kilometers at a designed speed of 350 kilometers per hour. Yujiapu station is underground with convenient links to subway, buses and other public transportation. Besides the extension, at last six other inter-city lines in the city area are under construction.Twenty four new intercity rail lines will come into being in the region by 2050, with combined length of 3,453 km.

In addition, more than 940 kilometers of highway will be built in the next two years. "Travel time within the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei circle will be under three hours," said Zhou.

http://en.people.cn/n/2015/0920/c90882-8952527.html

High-speed rail in NE China linking borders of North Korea and Russia starts operation

The high-speed railway from Changchun to Hunchun, eastern most city of China, officially opened to traffic on Sept. 20. It connects the borders of China, North Korea and Russia, Xinhua reports on Monday, quoting resources of China's National Radio.

The railway starts from Changchun, capital city of northeastern China's Jilin province, and runs all the way to Hunchun in only three hours and five minutes. It is a major part of the rapid transportation network in northeastern region of China.

It is also China's gateway to North Korea and Russia in Northeast Asia and an important channel to the Sea of Japan.

The high-speed railway will run through the beautiful scenic spots in Jilin province, including the Songhua Lake, Changbai Mountain and Jiaohe Red Leave Valley, so it is dubbed as the most beautiful high-speed railway in China's northeast region.

http://en.people.cn/n/2015/0921/c90000-8952808.html

China's first rail route to Hunchun city bordering Russia and the DPRK was put into operation on Sun. The Jituhun line has been crowned “NE. China’s most beautiful high-speed rail” for the spectacular scenery.

An extension of China's first high-speed railway started services on Sunday with only about one hour travel time from Beijing to Tianjin's coastal commercial district.

The new line extends from Tianjin High Speed Railway Station, the previous terminal, to Yujiapu business district in Binhai New Area.

The extension is part of a bigger plan for the integration of Beijing, neighboring Tianjin Municipality and Hebei province.

"A one-hour transportation grid, formed by inter-city rails and metros, will be formed in a 70-kilometer radius around Beijing," said Zhou Zhengyu, director of Beijing transport commission .

The extension runs over 45 kilometers at a designed speed of 350 kilometers per hour. Yujiapu station is underground with convenient links to subway, buses and other public transportation. Besides the extension, at last six other inter-city lines in the city area are under construction.Twenty four new intercity rail lines will come into being in the region by 2050, with combined length of 3,453 km.

In addition, more than 940 kilometers of highway will be built in the next two years. "Travel time within the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei circle will be under three hours," said Zhou.

High-speed rail in NE China linking borders of North Korea and Russia starts operation

The high-speed railway from Changchun to Hunchun, eastern most city of China, officially opened to traffic on Sept. 20. It connects the borders of China, North Korea and Russia, Xinhua reports on Monday, quoting resources of China's National Radio.

The railway starts from Changchun, capital city of northeastern China's Jilin province, and runs all the way to Hunchun in only three hours and five minutes. It is a major part of the rapid transportation network in northeastern region of China.

It is also China's gateway to North Korea and Russia in Northeast Asia and an important channel to the Sea of Japan.

The high-speed railway will run through the beautiful scenic spots in Jilin province, including the Songhua Lake, Changbai Mountain and Jiaohe Red Leave Valley, so it is dubbed as the most beautiful high-speed railway in China's northeast region.

China's first rail route to Hunchun city bordering Russia and the DPRK was put into operation on Sun. The Jituhun line has been crowned “NE. China’s most beautiful high-speed rail” for the spectacular scenery.

Two HSRs inaugurated yesterday.
There will be several new lines to open late this year, including Dandong-Dalian HSR(forming the HSR triangle of Liaoning Province), Hainan West Ring HSR(forming the ring HSR of Hainan Island), etc.

Hainan Island's Ring Intercity HSR
b4a3ec6b-391d-4ed7-9c6f-4690c162bbf0.png

HSR Station of Fushan village, Hainan Island
20140515114734655.jpg
228259785.jpg

Last edited:
U211P5029T2D849314F26DT20150920120856.jpg

People visit the model of Chinese high-speed train during the 12th China-ASEAN Expo in Nanning, capital of south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Sept. 19, 2015. (Xinhua/Liu Guangming)

U211P5029T2D849314F28DT20150920120856.jpg

People visit the model of Chinese high-speed train during the 12th China-ASEAN Expo in Nanning, capital of south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Sept. 19, 2015. (Xinhua/Liu Guangming)

U211P5029T2D849314F31DT20150920120856.jpg

U211P5029T2D849314F32DT20150920120856.jpg

BvGat-AIYAEVZ20.jpg

:D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom