What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

beautiful pics @AndrewJin
hope to travel on those railway lines someday:cheers:

Or Chinese built line in India :)
200-250km/h passenger-dedicated lines are very economical for India's current fiscal status.
In China, such D trains(200-250km/h) is priced at around 0.30 yuan(3 rupees).

I don't think it's very pricey for business passengers or middle class Indians.

This series encompasses more aspects on China, not just about infra but also around vocational education, IT start-ups, gene industry, etc.

Comparing the fastest trains in India are at maximum of 160-180 (that too a few), increasing the speed to 250 kmph in itself is a good improvement.

High-speed railway to open in NE China
September 18, 2015

China will open a new high-speed rail line to link Hunchun, which borders the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and Russia, and Jilin, two cities in Jilin Province on Sunday.

The Jilin-Tumen-Hunchun High-speed Railway will be the first passenger rail line to Hunchun, according to China Railway Corporation (CRC) on Friday.

It will extend 360 kilometers with nine stations and run at a speed of 200 kilometers per hour.

The project broke ground in 2011 and was put into trial operation in August this year.

The new railway is expected to improve the transportation network in northeast China, boost regional economic development and facilitate unity among ethnic communities, according to the CRC.
Good news about new railways in NE China comes out everyday.
Not a single line is inaugurated in my province this year.:cry:

Comparing the fastest trains in India are at maximum of 160-180 (that too a few), increasing the speed to 250 kmph in itself is a good improvement.
That's not too hard. Some old lines in China were upgraded to 250km/h before 2007.

4bdb317cjw1ew06fjywmvj21kw16owwr.jpg

High-speed railway to open in NE China
September 18, 2015

China will open a new high-speed rail line to link Hunchun, which borders the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and Russia, and Jilin, two cities in Jilin Province on Sunday.

The Jilin-Tumen-Hunchun High-speed Railway will be the first passenger rail line to Hunchun, according to China Railway Corporation (CRC) on Friday.

It will extend 360 kilometers with nine stations and run at a speed of 200 kilometers per hour.

The project broke ground in 2011 and was put into trial operation in August this year.

The new railway is expected to improve the transportation network in northeast China, boost regional economic development and facilitate unity among ethnic communities, according to the CRC.

Fantastic news for kimchi and bulgogi lovers。:enjoy:

Very impressive!In yanbian jilin province?

Indian need to improve the equipment which as "virtu "from last centry before get the new bullettrain.The railway is a system not just the train,but the manage system、rear system and manufact system.

I like this map cause it made china like a huge city and the highspeed bullet train just like the subway!:cheers:
Bilingual version and English version attached
(not very updated, by Feb.2015, lines opened from Feb not shown)
@Azizam @powastick @Gufi @liubang @Huan @anant_s @Martian2 @ahojunk

It's just a lame suburban train however, not an HSR bullet train. :cry: :P :D Jolly good news though :enjoy:
Yes, regional train in Ruhrgebiet.
I have heard from Chinese railway fans who work in Germany that DB trains are not so punctual as before, is it true?

Attachments

• China High-speed Railway Lines Network-201502.pdf
    312.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 中国高铁运营线路图-201502(HSR-Bilingual).pdf
    492.8 KB · Views: 24
Yes, regional train in Ruhrgebiet.
I have heard from Chinese railway fans who work in Germany that DB trains are not so punctual as before, is it true?

The trains aren't always tardy but delays do occur at times, I'm afraid. On top of that there were strikes in the past months which completely disrupted the usual timetable. @Götterdämmerung and @Deino live in different towns than where I live but they can attest to this as well.

200-250km/h passenger-dedicated lines are very economical for India's current fiscal status.
In China, such D trains(200-250km/h) is priced at around 0.30 yuan(3 rupees).

I don't think it's very pricey for business passengers or middle class Indians.

This series encompasses more aspects on China, not just about infra but also around vocational education, IT start-ups, gene industry, etc.
Watched those 3 too before bro. Very much enjoyed. :D

Watched those 3 too before bro. Very much enjoyed. :D
Far from developed dude. Currently only 8 provinces reach per capita GDP of $10,000(2014). I don't believe in PPP so I won't use other number:D. If PPP is real, GDP per capita in my city is more than $30,000 (from $16,000).

Look at one of the richest regions, Shanghai-Jiangsu Province-Zhejang Province
regional difference is obvious
(GDP per capita in $)
屏幕快照 2015-09-19 18.12.04.png

Last edited:
Not every train stations, but new HSR stations of 1st/2nd tier cities and some of the third tier cities do resemble. One reason is that passengers are now allowed to walk on the platform, so most big railway stations need a huge waiting room with each check-in separated and numbered.

A railway station of a county near my city
Hope it doesn't resemble an airport to you.:p:

arriving
View attachment 257806

train leaving, I was actually shouted at by platform radio to leave as soon as possible
View attachment 257808

View attachment 257807

see, not airport-like, only one check-in
View attachment 257809

back home train, passengers allowed to walk down to the platform just a couple of minutes before train's arrival. And if ANY one crosses the white line, definitely will be pissed off by platform attendants with a loud-speaker.
View attachment 257811

@anant_s I took this journey actually just for the station I had never been to. Only stayed half an hour there and bought the next train.:D

I still want to try though.
To live like a king.
I haven't even tried VIP class of Chinese HSR.:(

Bro how many hsr stations would be there in china which are big stations like airports?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom