What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

Chinese train stations look like airports.

Welcome! :welcome:
If I have the chance(i mean enough money:(), I'd like to experience that super expensive tourism trains in India.
We don't have those trains. Once we had the plan, but opposition from the society was too fierce.
Now we have a lot of tourism trains of the same price as normal traditional trains, not that luxurious but very affordable.
(1133km,12 hours, $39)
Train of Dunhuang
some photos
well trains like Palace on Wheels and Maharaja express are beyond reach of even common Indians too.
however best way to travel India by trains is to get an International Tourist Rail pass which is far economical and allows you to see things as they actually are rather than choreographed show of tourist trains.

Chinese train stations look like airports.
Not every train stations, but new HSR stations of 1st/2nd tier cities and some of the third tier cities do resemble. One reason is that passengers are now allowed to walk on the platform, so most big railway stations need a huge waiting room with each check-in separated and numbered.

A railway station of a county near my city
Hope it doesn't resemble an airport to you.:p:

arriving
IMG_4505.jpg

train leaving, I was actually shouted at by platform radio to leave as soon as possible
IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

see, not airport-like, only one check-in
IMG_4551.jpg

back home train, passengers allowed to walk down to the platform just a couple of minutes before train's arrival. And if ANY one crosses the white line, definitely will be pissed off by platform attendants with a loud-speaker.
屏幕快照 2015-09-17 23.25.26.png

@anant_s I took this journey actually just for the station I had never been to. Only stayed half an hour there and bought the next train.:D

well trains like Palace on Wheels and Maharaja express are beyond reach of even common Indians too.
however best way to travel India by trains is to get an International Tourist Rail pass which is far economical and allows you to see things as they actually are rather than choreographed show of tourist trains.
I still want to try though.
To live like a king.
I haven't even tried VIP class of Chinese HSR.:(

Not every train stations, but new HSR stations of 1st/2nd tier cities and some of the third tier cities do resemble. One reason is that passengers are now allowed to walk on the platform, so most big railway stations need a huge waiting room with each check-in separated and numbered.

A railway station of a county near my city
Hope it doesn't resemble an airport to you.:p:

arriving
View attachment 257806

train leaving, I was actually shouted at by platform radio to leave as soon as possible
View attachment 257808

View attachment 257807

see, not airport-like, only one check-in
View attachment 257809

back home train, passengers allowed to walk down to the platform just a couple of minutes before train's arrival. And if ANY one crosses the white line, definitely will be pissed off by platform attendants with a loud-speaker.
View attachment 257811

@anant_s I took this journey actually just for the station I had never been to. Only stayed half an hour there and bought the next train.:D

I still want to try though.
To live like a king.
I haven't even tried VIP class of Chinese HSR.:(
They look like airports because of the massive size of them. Chinese stations make British stations look like small bus stops. :enjoy:

I didn't know walking on the platform is sich a big deal bit i's good to see how law is enforced strongly. It prevents so many unnecessary accidents from happening.

They look like airports because of the massive size of them. Chinese stations make British stations look like small bus stops. :enjoy:

I didn't know walking on the platform is sich a big deal bit i's good to see how law is enforced strongly. It prevents so many unnecessary accidents from happening.
China is perhaps the only country in the world where passengers are not allowed walking on the platform any time they like. I think it has several reasons,
1, ID/security check in the waiting room
(A lot of fugitives are caught when they show their ID or fake ID)

2, too many people with huge suitcases for a single train, potential danger on platform
(especially during traditional festival, for example the crazy spring festival travel rush)

3, speed, you have no response time. see the following photos

Train bound for Shanghai passing Suzhou North & Kunshan South without slowing down
屏幕快照 2015-09-18 10.25.49.png
屏幕快照 2015-09-18 10.25.30.png

Last edited:
24 intercity railways to link Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei: Dragon's Iron Web

Twenty-four intercity railway lines running over 3,453 kilometers with an investment of roughly 615 billion yuan ($97 billion) will be built by 2050 to link Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, the Beijing News reported on Thursday.

Among them, eight intercity railways, including Chongli section of Beijing-Zhangjiakou railway serving the 2022 Winter Olympics, will be built as of 2020 with an investment of 193.2 billion yuan so as to shift some non-capital functions and industries from downtown Beijing to suburban areas, and neighboring Hebei province and Tianjin municipality.

The construction of the rest 16 railways will be completed by 2050, according to a report released by The Third Railway Survey and Design Institute Group Corporation.

24 intercity railways to link Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei - People's Daily Online

China Railway Network 2014

110434vab3af33ailjh6hj.jpg

China Expressway Network 2014

110529ksbnp065z7xs9b5s.jpg
This is not China's expressway network but planned national expressway network(some sections not finished).
National expressway doesn't mean it's better than provincial expressway.

National(start with G) + Provincial(start with S) in operation
屏幕快照 2015-09-18 13.24.21.png

Yangtze River Delta
(Shanghai-Hangzhou-Suzhou-Nanjing)
屏幕快照 2015-09-18 13.24.47.png

Pearl River Delta
(Shenzhen+Guangzhou+HK+Macao)
屏幕快照 2015-09-18 13.25.01.png

Beijing-Tianjin-Tangshan
屏幕快照 2015-09-18 13.25.12.png

Chengdu-Chongqing, Western China
屏幕快照 2015-09-18 13.35.17.png

Central Triangle (Wuhan-Changsha-Nanchang)
屏幕快照 2015-09-18 13.35.44.png

Last edited:
Or Chinese built line in India :)
200-250km/h passenger-dedicated lines are very economical for India's current fiscal status.
In China, such D trains(200-250km/h) is priced at around 0.30 yuan(3 rupees).

I don't think it's very pricey for business passengers or middle class Indians.

I've watched this before and it is one of the nicest documentaries about modern China.
This series encompasses more aspects on China, not just about infra but also around vocational education, IT start-ups, gene industry, etc.

High-speed railway to open in NE China
September 18, 2015

China will open a new high-speed rail line to link Hunchun, which borders the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and Russia, and Jilin, two cities in Jilin Province on Sunday.

The Jilin-Tumen-Hunchun High-speed Railway will be the first passenger rail line to Hunchun, according to China Railway Corporation (CRC) on Friday.

It will extend 360 kilometers with nine stations and run at a speed of 200 kilometers per hour.

The project broke ground in 2011 and was put into trial operation in August this year.

The new railway is expected to improve the transportation network in northeast China, boost regional economic development and facilitate unity among ethnic communities, according to the CRC.

View attachment 256937 View attachment 256939 View attachment 256938
15. September 2015 | 00.00 Uhr
Duisburg
"Wuhan" fährt nun quer durchs Ruhrgebiet

@Götterdämmerung
Duisburg: 'Wuhan' fährt nun quer durchs Ruhrgebiet

First time a German train named after a city abroad
Duisburg‘s sister city, Wuhan China

长江日报讯(记者余熙)昨天中午,记者连线位于德国的中国驻杜塞尔多夫总领事馆获悉,9月11日,德国联邦铁路局在武汉友好城市杜伊斯堡市举行仪式,隆重命名行驶于鲁尔区的一列客运列车为“中国武汉号”(“Wuhan China”)。仪式结束后,“中国武汉号”列车从该站首发运营。

“中国武汉号”车厢簇新,车体通红,洋洋喜气。冠名字样的前方位置,饰有中文篆体的深红底色白字“汉”,图案十分提神,“Wuhan China”醒目庄重,一目了然;车窗下方德文“Bahn Rhein-Ruhr”,意为“鲁尔地区城际快车”。

在杜伊斯堡中心火车站9号站台举行的这一仪式上,德国联邦铁路局鲁尔区铁路局负责人西格科夫致辞,称在德铁历史上,以外国城市命名客运列车尚属首次。他说,德铁通过参与中欧专列等国际铁路联运大通道的运营,与中国的合作不断增多,希望冠名能为德中友好合作发挥更大作用。

杜伊斯堡市市长林克致辞指出:“1982年,杜伊斯堡市与武汉市结为友好城市,这是德中两国间的第一对友城。近年来,杜伊斯堡市与中国、特别是与武汉市的交流合作越来越密切,杜伊斯堡已成为中欧(武汉)班列等国际铁路联运大通道的欧洲终点。我作为武汉在德友好城市市长,深为‘中国武汉号’列车从此在德国鲁尔地区运行而高兴。”

中国驻杜塞尔多夫总领事冯海阳积极评价德铁首次以外国城市命名客运列车、并将地名选择于中国的武汉市。他说,杜伊斯堡与中方的交流合作更加广泛和深入,该市所在的德国北威州在“丝绸之路经济带建设”中发挥着越来越重要的支点作用,德国联邦铁路与中方在中欧铁路联运大通道方面的合作也呈现方兴未艾之势。他希望中德各界共同努力,以中国的“一带一路”战略为载体,使中德友好合作列车又快又好地向前奔驰。

记者于2013年7月巡访20国际友城、2015年7月参加湖北省全媒体新丝路新闻采访团期间,曾两次采访过杜伊斯堡的市长林克。当记者向他大力推介湖北省武汉市的对外开放区位优势和发展前景时,林克市长告知,杜伊斯堡市政府将推出新的项目,以期促成与友城武汉的全面合作。

记者今年7月在采访冯海阳总领事时也获悉,中国总领事馆正致力于推进德国北威州、特别是杜伊斯堡与中国、特别是与武汉市的合作。这次命名活动,便是中德双边合作的最新成果。

View attachment 256940
View attachment 256941 View attachment 256942

It's just a lame suburban train however, not an HSR bullet train. :cry: :P :D Jolly good news though :enjoy:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom