What's new

China counters India's $2 billion with whopping $24 billion for Bangladesh

Democracy is not about foreign support it's about whether you have support of your people. One party demagoguery has a shelf life.

She has been shrewd and successful and if development agenda is successful she will justly be applauded. However this remains to be seen.

What makes you think that she doesn't have the support of the people ? Because in your circles no one likes her doesn't mean every single person in the country is against her. I have talked with a lot a of people outside my circles and mostly all of them approve she is making good decisions in favour of the country and BNP/Jaamat is no position to lead the country.

What makes you think that she doesn't have the support of the people ? Because in your circles no one likes her doesn't mean every single person in the country is against her. I have talked with a lot a of people outside my circles and mostly all of them approve she is making good decisions in favour of the country and BNP/Jaamat is no position to lead the country.
I agree she is doing good and BNP Jamaat in no position to rule the country. But I still don't think AL can win a fair election atm. Hasina is well aware of it as well.

I agree she is doing good and BNP Jamaat in no position to rule the country. But I still don't think AL can win a fair election atm. Hasina is well aware of it as well.
While I don't agree with you on the point that she can't win a fair election, Surely after Padma Bridge and other projects she will have majority support. People forget things quixkly

What makes you think that she doesn't have the support of the people?

Because only dog was seen in awami election. Looks like another new awami terrorist is imported.

upload_2016-10-16_8-24-35.jpeg

well they are not saints but majority of BJP and RSS idologe ruling party members are highly nationalist and non corrupt but you can dream what you want who cares :sarcastic:

I know people in the highest position in BAL and in BNP so I am not speaking from a dogmatic position.

The repression currently being undertaken by BAL is not a sign of strength but rather weakness. BAL will lose any popular vote.

That does not mean Hasina has not taken some good descisions. She remains in power because economy (not any thing to do with BAL) is doing well and people generally do not want trouble. But BAL is now synonymous with corruption, criminality, tenderbaji, islamophobia and India appeasement. In a free scenario they would face political oblivion.

BD is not dependent upon India for anything.

BD business scene will collapse without Indian expats managing them. It's just one example too.

Many BD supply chains will also collapse without indian goods coming in, esp volume wise....given the costs involved of import from elsewhere.

BD definitely is not anywhere close to dependent on India for everything obviously, but pushing this to anything is really stretching it.

BTW BD being "aligned" with anyone means nothing to the world. You first have to build your nation into something that matters geopolitically. You only marginally have India's attention given the illegals you have pumped into our border areas. Outside of that, few even know about Bangladesh.

While I don't agree with you on the point that she can't win a fair election, Surely after Padma Bridge and other projects she will have majority support. People forget things quixkly

You are being over optimistic. Khaleda swept all municipal elections in 2013. In a free and fair election She will secure 2/3rd seats if not more.

However I don't want any election. Let Hasina stay. No need to destabilize the nation once again..

We are doing great. And BKZ has nothing different to offer যাহাই লাউ তাহাই কদু

Last edited:
You are being over optimistic. Khaleda swept all municipal elections in 2013. In a free and fair election She will secure 2/3rd seats if not more.

However I don't want any election. Let Hasina stay. No need to destabilize the nation once again..

We are doing great. And BKZ has nothing different to offer

It is only because that Awami League has stayed in power for a 2nd term that large infrastructure projects are finally being completed now. All that happens when the parties swap power every 5 years is that they start from scratch and so nothing ever gets done.

Let Awami League stay for another term and so we should see the bulk of the critical infrastructure finally complete. After this someone else can have a try.

It is only because that Awami League has stayed in power for a 2nd term that large infrastructure projects are finally being completed now. All that happens when the parties swap power every 5 years is that they start from scratch and so nothing ever gets done.

Let Awami League stay for another term and so we should see the bulk of the critical infrastructure finally complete. After this someone else can have a try.

Yes I think the political stability and continuity is a big bonus for BD and it has materialised at the correct time too to take advantage of the good GCF ratio and expanding middle class.

Good to see you back after a while.

That is my view as well. BAL wont stay in power forever and they realize it too. Point is, in a developing & political-polarity country like ours, stability is paramount for any major development to go through. With this term, and likely the next term too, Hasina will try to complete these projects mainly for 2 prime reasons -

* Hoping that these projects get her the favored votes which she has lost due to joke of an election and for her local/foreign policy.
* Giving her the cue to promote her successor and paint him/her in the same "successful" light, backed by her "successful" administration..who have completed all these "successful" work.

We are not in a position to go 2 steps back owing to any instability now - mainly for our growing economic prospect. On the other hand, she needs to clean the country off ISIS-sympathizing scums, in which she has been doing just fine.

Law of diminishing returns applies to life as well. After a certain point, there will certainly be a fall and a new change will take the graph back to the top again.

1. Message to our Indian friends.
Situation and mind set changes with time and circumstances. We cannot give out or sell our soul to some one who helped once that had mutual implications if one impartially goes down to the era of pre-partition with impartial deeper thoughts and vision based on regional geo-politics. One has to calculate how much in lieu returned for a help.
No one is permanent friend nor remains enemy forever. It is the strategic interest and the people's interests and the desires makes a relationship evolved, and revolved; and the dynamics of such relationship is never guaranteed for a time immemorial period.
We cannot lay prostrate before any one for indefinitely giving up our interest for all the time remembering who has done what and when.
It is the national interests that takes precedence over anything, everything for a steadfast role, direction, policies and politics and future goal and not the matter in reflections in gratitude.
Enough is done and enough is enough!

1. Message to our Indian friends.
Situation and mind set changes with time and circumstances. We cannot give out or sell our soul to some one who helped once that had mutual implications if one impartially goes down to the era of pre-partition with impartial deeper thoughts and vision based on regional geo-politics. One has to calculate how much in lieu returned for a help.
No one is permanent friend nor remains enemy forever. It is the strategic interest and the people's interests and the desires makes a relationship evolved, and revolved; and the dynamics of such relationship is never guaranteed for a time immemorial period.
We cannot lay prostrate before any one for indefinitely giving up our interest for all the time remembering who has done what and when.
It is the national interests that takes precedence over anything, everything for a steadfast role, direction, policies and politics and future goal and not the matter in reflections in gratitude.
Enough is done and enough is enough!

Well said bro!

The only one with an ego is you. you assume BD is trapped by India, it is not. You also stated that BD interests should be subservient to India. Again I do not agree.

What the hell is geographical dependence? BD is not dependent upon India for anything.

BD is a sovereign nation and its descision will be purely to serve its interest. BD will obviously undertake cost benefit analysis which will explore any potential impact of descisions on possibly neighbours. But such considerations are not particularly top of BD calculations as demonstrated by its current alignment with China and also with US in the height of the Cold War when India was allied with USSR.

I never said BD is dependent on India. Don't spit out words just for the sake of arguing.
No country in the world except Pakistan and China will intentionally do things threatening neighbors' sovereignty and interests.

Back
Top Bottom