What's new

China conducts test on ground-based midcourse missile interception

Then why did China conduct such a show to USA since both China and USA know it is not practical? China wanted to scare USA with only a paper tiger, although she knows that USA knows it is made with paper, is that funny?

If we can concerntrate on a launch site such as what a rogue state usually have, then it would work. So the US mid course system is against countries like north Korea and it might work if the missile launch is detected early enough. But the US national ABM defence is definitely not for countries like Russia and China as these two countries has multiple platforms that can fire at the US mainland and overwhelm the system here. Also, the size of Russia/China and the SLBMs will make it almost impossible to detect all the launches of the missile, which make mid course defence useless.

Then why did China conduct such a show to USA since both China and USA know it is not practical? China wanted to scare USA with only a paper tiger, although she knows that USA knows it is made with paper, is that funny?

I believe China conducted the test to remind the US not to sell weapon to Taiwan.

I believe China conducted the test to remind the US not to sell weapon to Taiwan.

Taiwan is only one of the reasons that China develops its military muscle. Taiwan to China is like North Korea to Japan. Both need some execuses for their big military budgets. Think it this way, what if Taiwan is part of China now and China still develops its military strength at its current pace? If so, you can imagine the big pressure that China will face from other countries including european countries, USA, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Pillipines, Malaysia, India, etc.
Are there any significant pressure from these countries now?

So what I mean is China is using this moment for its own purpose.

Last edited:
Some American web users' reply to this news.

Actually, I am surprise that American people has so stubborn hostility against China.
----------------

How did they test it? Did they fire a missile at themselves and see if it got through?

I find that is the best way.

ur XLNC

Isn't this the technology that we gave to them? It sure feels good being bent over this barrel they have us over. We have too many Oval Office holders to thank for this.

WOW! So scarry! The "MOST POWERFUL" country!

JPMorgan88...

And our open policy gave them the power!

BILL S

Yeah, I believe it was the Clinton administration that OK'ed the sale of GM's subsidiary that had the technology that made this possible. It was a magnet company that made all the guidance systems for our missiles possible. We were assured the plant would remain in the U.S. as well. You can guess where it is now. The company was called Magna something I think, we sold it for chump change....like 80 million. Now they're using the technology to threaten us. Go figure. Freakin' politicians!

And these are your Global friends that you buy Crap from everyday.....get real people, there are no friends when it comes to buying your goods from, they want your money and you are giving it to them to build up there defenses with.....you should have supported your own factories & Unions but you chose to support the enemy...

Buzzorn

And we have borrowed so much money from them that if they wanted to they could own us in a New York minute.

Coolbrez

Unfortunately they already own us. Thanks to our great politicians. I've been trying not to buy chinese junk but it's almost impossible. Just wait until the chinese cars arrive. Since they call the shots, we can't deny them.

You can thank Bernard Schwartz (of Loral Space & Communications), a Bill Clinton supporter and donor for this. For the sale of guidance and satellite technology to China in the 1990's.

You can thank Wen Ho Lee for ripping off Los Alamos national laboratories for this.

You can thank John Huang for this. Chi-Com party member and Clinton Donor.

You can thank Johnny Chung for this. Chi-Com party member and Clinton Donor.

And those are just a few.

They can't innovate anything over there - but they sure can steal and copy it. With help of course, by our dip-sh!t round-eye politicians who do not understand the history of civilizations...

LookingUp

Dumbest thing I've read all day. They can't figure out missile tech, but the good ol' US can come up with it on its own? What are you, 12 years old? Never heard how the US got its rocket tech? From the Germans! W/o Werner von Braun and all the Nazi scientists we gathered from WWII, our firecrackers would still be blowing up on the pad. Sorry, pal, the world is not a simple place.

John

The Clinton administration (Ron Brown) approved the sale of a General Dynamics missle production facility in Ohio to the Chinese. They packaged it up lock, stock and barrel (and blueprints) and put it on a train to San Diego and on a ship to China. Ron Brown was called to testify before congress how and why it was approved (his son was a registered lobbyist for the Chinese). In a very convenient coincidence, the plane carrying Brown crashed on its way home for him to testify.This reportedly gave the Chinese a twenty-five year jump start on guidance systems.

LookingUp, this wassn't 1940s rocketry. It was cutting-edge computer guidance systems technology. While VanBraun, et al did help advance our rocketry in the 50s, I doubt sixty years later "our firecrackers would still be blowing up on the pad."

Ahhh...it should be succesful.....we gave them the know how I am sure ...or someone did. Either way no big deal they are doing it for self defense.

BILL S

No big deal eh?? You could act like you care a little. That's the kind of attitude that led to 9/11.....

I guess in 50 years when your grandkids are speaking Chinese it will be time to sound the alarm.

It's hard to blame our politicians when the average "Joe" doesn't care either. Sad.

What happened to our defense shield program?!!!!!

I hope the money isn't going to bums. My wife and kids aren't bums, and they deserve to have our tax dollars used for national defense.

Rob

Odumba has an agenda to weaken us. Simple as that.

Jennifer S

obama scrapped it!

China disrupt ties with Washington, that is good news. Now only if they stop trade. It would be the best news for our country.

BILL S

I gave you a thumbs up......but that won't carry water. Look who is financing all our debt. We a slaves to the Chinese. We can do nothing without their approval. It sucks. There's no politically correct way to say it. While America slept and went shopping.....somebody was doing their homework.

Odumba will cancel the sale to appease his communist friends in China. This guy has to go bye bye in 2012. I'm sorry I ever voted for him. What an embarrassment...over and over again.

BILL S

AMEN

China is the most dangerous country in the world, forget terrorist! They have the USA by the wallet, we can barely pay the interest on the money we borrow and for what cheep TVs!! That’s how they pay for all the upgrades to their military!!!

Obama probably gave them the technology that we were going to use before Putin pissed on him. Obama = vagina

Obama = vagina =Yin Dao

BILL S

Don't blame Obama, that's childish. Blame the Clinton's and give credit where credit is Due!

Think I'm kidding. Have a look for yourselves.

Clinton and Obama have given China ADVANCED weapons technologies. Also our beloved "ally" Israel has sold technology they got from US to the Chinese.

Recall in 2001 the Chinese jet fighters harassing U.S. reconnaissance planes. The Chinese jets were equipped with Python missiles made in Israel but based on American technology given to Israel.

news flash China has never lied about anything. It is a given that the would have told the world that there defence system didn't work at all when tested.

We don't need to upgrade our military or strengthen our boarders we'll just keep borrowing money from china to pay for the health care, the war on terrorism and our failing economy! Can we say 你好(nihao)!! Better learn!!

If you can't tell Im being contemptuous...

First of all, Americans buy crap products from China because almost every last vestige of manufacturing in our country has vanished, either forced out of business because of higher production costs or farmed out to China and other countries. Second, now is NOT the time for the U.S. to be considering reducing our nuclear capability. Evidently, China isn't cutting down on its military might. Russia is flat-out lying to us during our nuclear treaty talks. North Korea and Iran are making a lot of noise about their nuclear programs. America's enemies are legion, and they show know signs of stopping their military buildup.

BILL S

Unfortunately we have an administration that favors bowing instead of flexing.

As soon as our own citizens and govt finish disarming the rest of us they will move in for the kill. Let's see..... 300million vs 1.3 billion... no brainer.

Sooooo the Chinese see the advantage to a missile defense system system, but Obama does not.

Once again Obama proves he does not care about protecting America

Bug

I though only Walmart assumed the Chinese way is always better. You live in Bentonville?

Farnsworth

Your comment is simply stupid and does not dignify and intellectual response.

Run along, mommy has cookies and milk for you.

sure were going be the next test boom so they can move into usa were going be china america

The US government-- Walmart Lite-- contracting out everything but the kitchen sink and sourcing major defense componentry overseas, will probably get a great deal from China. China usually treats its client states pretty well.

a little SABRE RATTLING by the communist china! typical chinese philosophy,

America will just have to launch ACORNs at incoming Chinese ICBM's.

Send Bill Clinton a thank you note. He passed our missle technology to China while he was Dictator. China at that time could not get a rocket or missle to not wobble upon launch and most of them blew. Like Obama Clinton had Mao Communists in his office more than anyone else.

Samia:"The state of Israel is not doing this to replace the regime in Gaza. The state of Israel is doing this because [of] a situation in which Hamas controls the Gaza strip and the basis of its world view is to annihilate the state of Israel and to fire on schools and kindergartens and to carry out terror attacks in restaurants.

"For the state of Israel, it doesn?t matter if Hamas calls itself a regime or a just a terror organization it?s a terrorist organization in every way, and we must deal with it and annihilate it.

Suddenly "W" doesn't look so bad now does he??

I refuse to speak Chinee! I hate rice! If they try to make me, I will take it all the way to the Supreme Court. Ah, never mind. Walmart has Dorito's on sale.

How come the big news stories that really affect us as a Nation never get any real response from bloggers?

I guess it all Teddy Bears and Balloons isn't it???

A stray cat stuck in a tree gets more play her in the U.S.A.

they r lying they dnt even knw what a missile is....

Cool! As long as history records that we thought of it first, but that the S.O.S.O.B.(Sold Out Sons of B!ttches) that govern this place didn't get around to implementing it!!!

I salute the Chinese and the South Koreans. They are your masters in training. Get used to it lazy Americans! You no longer rule the world.

I am ashamed to be American because of the association with uneducated, narrow-minded dimwits like you!

When will we realize we are the evil empire. Wealthiest country by far and we have 10's of millions working at a few dollars of minimun wage.We can swipe our cards at the register without thinking of all the AMERICANS working for practically nothing. Really bad.

Why China couldn't make their own air defense systems? I bet USA will not respond to this missile defense test because China simply will tell White House to shut up...

And from tensions between Taiwan and China only benefit USA because they have one more rich buyer of USA's military stuff...

USA do anything to keep high tensions in middle east so they can equip with weapons half of middle east countries...

clay

Well if those missles are built like the junk they send us we have nothing too worry about!

Kevin

If USA asking to exchange the tech, sure thing they won't do it because USA debt to China about one trillion dollar. China want to have our soil.

Racindavid

Keep buyin' chinese sh!t at walmart people....

You're funding our ENEMY.... period.

I (used) to deal with the chicoms.... Trust me, their government does NOT have good intentions....

Timbo

Yeah...like they would tell us it if failed..duh....

John

The Clinton administration (his Secretary of Commerce Ron Brown) approved the sale of a General Dynamics missle production facility in Ohio to the Chinese. They packaged it up lock, stock and barrel (and blueprints, everything but the bricks) and put it on a train to San Diego and then on a ship to China. Ron Brown was called to testify before congress how and why such classified technology was approved (his son was a registered lobbyist for the Chinese). In a very convenient coincidence, the plane carrying Brown back to the US from a European trade meeting crashed on its way home before he could testify.(Search for some of the details regarding this "accident" and "campaign contributions."). This sale reportedly gave the Chinese a twenty-five year jump start on missile guidance systems.

Taiwan is only one of the reasons that China develops its military muscle. Taiwan to China is like North Korea to Japan. Both need some execuses for their big military budgets. Think it this way, what if Taiwan is part of China now and China still develops its military strength at its current pace? If so, you can imagine the big pressure that China will face from other countries including european countries, USA, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Pillipines, Malaysia, India, etc.
Are there any significant pressure from these countries now?

So what I mean is China is using this moment for its own purpose.

I do not think countries like US and China need any reasons to spend big on military. These two countries just do it. I think US, China and Russia should get together and try to disarm instead of building up more weapons. These countries, especially the US, is spending too much on weapons that could be use to help the economy or the environment. These countries are suppose to be the leaders of the world and they will set the pace of weaponization of the globe. It would be much more beneficial for humanity if research is done on medicine, space exploration, food production and environmental protection instead of more weapons production.

Taiwan is not the real reason.
The ability to anti-missile has been in the national defense planning even 30 years ago. This test is just one of the 'knots' in a long-term program. It is the first successful trial of anti-missile test but not the first attempt to do so, like the anti satellite test 3 years ago.
Again taiwan is not reason but it perfectly rationalizes TG's test.

Last edited:
Taiwan is not the real reason.
The ability to anti-missile has been in the national defense planning even 30 years ago. This test is just one of the 'knots' in a long-term program. It is the first successful trial of anti-missile test but not the first attempt to do so, like the anti satellite test 3 years ago.

I think China should have at least THAAD type test successes that was never reported. Its just unimaginable that China have not test something like THAAD successfully and go directly to a mid course interceptor. So its obvious that China's anti-missile test never went public until now.

I am really impress by the Chinese military. The first interceptor they announce is a mid course one. This is the most difficult one to accomplish and make Thaad look like child's play.
Please do not produce statements like this. To those who have relevant technical experience in avionics and particularly weapons testings, you look foolish.

lolz some one caught bragging red handed :rofl: :rofl:

I think China should have at least THAAD type test successes that was never reported. Its just unimaginable that China have not test something like THAAD successfully and go directly to a mid course interceptor. So its obvious that China's anti-missile test never went public until now.

YES They did.
3 years ago the anti-sate test is another 'knot' maybe to test the kkv . A couple of month ago TG conducted a change of position between 2 satellite maybe to test its AESA and monitering ability. Yesterday's test is not the first trial, US knows what TG attempts to do and what they did but US kept fairly quite. What they may haven't figured out is the rapid progress.

gambit
the military professional is now going to get a number of thanks from indian members.

Congrats Gam.... :D

There is no need to hide. Russian must have known the test before its launch. We two have an agreement on notification of missiles launches.
Really? Just the two of you? How 'responsible'. There exists an agreement among space vehicle capable nations on notifying the international community of EVERY rocket launches, for civilian and military uses. See if people can look it up using keywords like 'international launch notification'.

Really? Just the two of you? How 'responsible'. There exists an agreement among space vehicle capable nations on notifying the international community of EVERY rocket launches, for civilian and military uses. See if people can look it up using keywords like 'international launch notification'.

The bilateral agreement was signed last October when Putin visit Beijing.

China tests new technology to shoot down missiles in mid-air

China has successfully tested a new technology designed to shoot down incoming missiles in mid-air, in a move that Chinese military experts claimed was a "breakthrough" for the country's rapidly modernising armed forces.

By Peter Foster in Beijing
Published: 7:00AM GMT 12 Jan 2010

The announcement of the successful test, made by the state news agency Xinhua, comes after a week of diplomatic tensions over a US decision to sell advanced Patriot anti-missile systems to neighbouring Taiwan.

"China conducted a test on ground-based midcourse missile interception technology within its territory. The test has achieved the expected objective," said the terse, three-sentence statement by Xinhua. "The test is defensive in nature and is not targeted at any country," it added.

The decision to make the test public, itself unusual, comes after several days of strident complaints from China's defence establishment over the US decision to allow a $3bn deal for 330 PAC-3 Patriot missiles to go ahead.

The sale has angered the Chinese with one senior Chinese general calling for "counter-measures" against the US, including a temporary suspension of military-to-military contacts which both sides agreed to strengthen after President Obama's visit to China last November.

The successful test follows China's 2007 announcement that it had successfully shot-down a satellite in a move which was seen as a deliberately public demonstration of its growing military capabilities.

"It's the new Chinese way to signal that they are now able to do these things," said Hans Kristensen, an expert on the Chinese military with the Federation of American Scientists, of Monday's test.

"There is an obvious concern in Beijing that they need an effective anti-ballistic missile defense in some form," and staging a successful test "shows that their technology is maturing," he added.

Yang Chengjun, a senior Chinese military strategist for missile studies, told China's state-run Global Times newspaper that the test ushered China into a "new phase" in terms of missile interception technologies.

"Compared with a previous test of anti-satellite technologies, the missile interception system is more advanced as the targets are moving objects and the satellite was flying within a preplanned orbit," Mr Yang said.

Chinese military spending increased by almost 15 per cent last year to $69 billion, the latest in a string of double-digit increases in spending aimed a modernising its massive but out-dated armed forces.

However China remains highly sensitive to accusations from the US defence establishment that it poses a military threat, often point out that its defence spending is a fraction of US levels both in real terms and as a percentage of GDP.

The Pentagon said it had not received prior notification of the test and declined to see any link with arms sales to Taiwan. However it confirmed that the test had taken place and was seeking more information.

"We detected two geographically separated missile launch events with an exo-atmospheric collision also being observed by space-based sensors," said Major Maureen Schumann, a Pentagon spokeswoman.

"We are requesting information from China regarding the purpose for conducting this interception as well as China's intentions and plans to pursue future types of intercepts."

Source : China tests new technology to shoot down missiles in mid-air - Telegraph

^^^^^

Congrats China .... Well done and good job ... Truly China is a big power ...:tup::tup:

Back
Top Bottom