What's new

China and India: Contest of the century

When people in China feel unfairly treated, they go riots and demand attention. When low caste in India being treated like sub-human, they say yeah, we deserve it; we messed up in our previous life; let’s pay even more obedience to our master so we’ll be good in our next life.

This is precisely the mentality/tradition difference that causes China to progress faster, some 50 years ahead of India.

Too many Indians really pay too much attention to their masters, be the masters today’s elite people or previous imperialist colonists.

Sorry, you are talking rot. Learn a bit about how relevant the caste system really is in Indian cities and urban centers before talking generalized nonsense about 'mentality is the reason' and all that.

And take your 50 years figure and shove it up. 12 years, at the most 15. I'm sick of this nonsense Chinese propaganda on every thread of the "50 year gap".

Maybe you guys really enjoy China-bashing threads, don't you? Some perverse masochism perhaps? Is that why you guys type trollish nonsense on every other thread? 50 years my a$$ - maybe we need to go through the great leaps and cultural revolutions again here?

Most of the people who move to those cities work in a sweat shops where they have no rights. 8 people living in a single dorm room is not an ideal working conditions.

I live like that, 6 people to an apartment. What, is this not normal? Do all indians live in gigantic mansions? It's clean, has clean water, can take shower, has food, electricity, and everyone has their own computer. More than I can say for India where most people have to buy water from WATER TRUCKS.

I live like that, 6 people to an apartment. What, is this not normal? Do all indians live in gigantic mansions? It's clean, has clean water, can take shower, has food, electricity, and everyone has their own computer. More than I can say for India where most people have to buy water from WATER TRUCKS.

All true. Thats why China is land of cheap products. Because Chinese Government is effectively able to set the wage rate, they were able to make cheap products. Would you be living like that, if you were getting better wages. In India, governments can't regulate the wage rate. India, people would get wages based on their qualifications. I am assuming you have atleast a bachelors degree. In India, a software engineer with a bachelor degree may not be living in a mansion, but he can definitely be able to rent an apartment for himself with all those facilities that you said you have.

All true. Thats why China is land of cheap products. Because Chinese Government is effectively able to set the wage rate, they were able to make cheap products. Would you be living like that, if you were getting better wages. In India, governments can't regulate the wage rate. India, people would get wages based on their qualifications. I am assuming you have atleast a bachelors degree. In India, a software engineer with a bachelor degree may not be living in a mansion, but he can definitely be able to rent an apartment for himself with all those facilities that you said you have.

Yeah he should move to India so he can live free of the clutch of the evil CCP :rolleyes: I can't wait to see his reply to this tomorrow

Last edited:
Yeah he should move to India so he can live free of the clutch of the evil CCP :rolleyes: I can't wait to see his reply to this tomorrow

What a thoughtful and insightful comment. Guess, only an ingenious could come up with it.

My point of reference is that person of similar qualification would be leading a better life in India than in China. If you want to refute my point, make some thoughtful comment. Stop with the snide attitude of yours.

I am not threatened by your kicked out of forum comment.

My point of reference is that person of similar qualification would be leading a better life in India than in China. If you want to refute my point, make some thoughtful comment. Stop with the snide attitude of yours.

OK there is your claim... now the idea is to back up your claim. That's how burden of proof works.

OK there is your claim... now the idea is to back up your claim. That's how burden of proof works.

I kind of proved my claim by saying a bachelor degree candidate could afford an apartment in India. Because I was one before I came to US. Below_freezing said he lives with 6 others in a room. Assuming he has at least a bachelors degree, its pretty easy to see who has a better life.

Now is that enough?

I kind of proved my claim by saying a bachelor degree candidate could afford an apartment in India. Because I was one before I came to US. Below_freezing said he lives with 6 others in a room. Assuming he has at least a bachelors degree, its pretty easy to see who has a better life.

Now is that enough?

A sample size of .... 2 so no not enough. Guess you weren't a stats or math major.

A sample size of .... 2 so no not enough. Guess you weren't a stats or math major.

Again, with your snide comments. If you are such a math genius, why not refute it with a counter example? Or are you only good at making condescending comments on others.

Now is that enough?

Not really, as Cardsharp said, that's only a sample size of 2.

Tell me how a person with a bachelors degree in Hong Kong, Shanghai or Beijing... would increase their standard of living by moving to Mumbai or Delhi?

Again, with your snide comments. If you are such a math genius, why not refute it with a counter example? Or are you only good at making condescending comments on others.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. Cardsharp doesn't have to provide counter examples to refute your arguments.

I'm not looking for anything definitive... but honestly I've never seen a Hong Kong person with a bachelors degree wanting to move to India for the standard of living. There are plenty of good reasons to move to India (business opportunities) but that is not one of them, in my opinion.

Not really, as Cardsharp said, that's only a sample size of 2.

Tell me how a person with a bachelors degree in Hong Kong, Shanghai or Beijing... would increase their standard of living by moving to Mumbai or Delhi?

Who said somebody has to move to other countries. Did I ask them to move to mumbai or delhi? nope.

I was talking about qualification like having a bachelor degree. I would assume a bachelor degree in China carries the same prestige as it does in India. Having a bachelor degree in India would get you a decent job where one can afford to live in an apartment on his own.

If a person earned a bachelor degree in Hong Kong, he should also have a same standard of living in their country especially for a country which claims to be more developed than ours.

This is my final comment, take it as you understand it. I don't have to explain it any anonymous person on a obscure forum.

Back
Top Bottom