What's new

China and India: Contest of the century

that's if the engineer is hired by infosys. how many infosys are there in india? one.

however, any average software engineer in china can get 3000. that's what even small companies pay. large ones like Huawei, Tencent, China Mobile, etc. would likely pay more. We should not compare the best indian company to an average chinese one, compare best to best.

i agree. the relative worth of a bachelor's degree in india is higher than that in china. i wouldn't be surprised if an indian with the same degree as me lived better at all. however, i'm "just average" in chinese society, and i already live a comparable (though may not be better) life than this "exceptional" indian. the indian with the same degree is "exceptional" in indian society. if we were comparing the same fields, computers to computers, the chinese software engineer would probably live better. it's probably the 2nd highest paying field.

Agreed.

Plus, there is another important difference as well between China and India : one's immiediate economic and social neibourhood which forms his eveyday life:

I visited several "tier I "and "tier II" cities in China about 3 years ago. It seems to me that no matter what kind of jobs ordinary Chinese people were doing, at lesat they seemed to enjoy their immediate neibourhoods consist of many world class infrastructures, flashy shopping malls, diverse and modern shops and restaurants etc. everywhere , in a reasonablely clean and very safe main streets and most side streets I went... so what if some of them can't afford to buy or dine in a fancy place? a casual walk in those moden or traditional back streets alone at any time of a day would provide some knid of joy and entertainment.

While from what I 've been told form one of my buddies who travelled to Delhi and Mumbai recently, a westerner basically just can't walk out his Hotel there without worrying about safety, let alone enjoyment. perhaps he's a bit exaggerated, but think about it, outside his hotel window, what he saw was mainly mass areas of slums at the farside and hords of beggers of all colors of skins ( probably "untouchables" and more? ) not too far form his hotel main entrance chasing foreigners for rupees... Perhaps there're some "upper class" Indians in mumbai earn more money, or even much more money, than some average Chinese in China, but what's the significance of it if that is the environment that he lives in?

The richest man in India just built a presonal skyscaper in the center of mumbai. What's the view from his 5-star lux bedroom window up there every morning and night, I wonder? Asia's largest slum and everything and smell it's made of, for sure. And that's a billionaire, sorry, but the point being?

Last edited:
+Not to troll here but I think India too has her fair share of dissidents. The Naxalists have guns whereas the rioters in Xingjiang and Tibet do not.
i know but you keep criticizing India when Indian members talk about India's progress so i pointed out problems in prc and you became angry?if can not tolerate china being criticized then stop blaming India!

every country has problems; it's about how serious they are.

india's problems are very serious. what would you think if you heard:

a country has 2 million child deaths per day. it has only a 60% literacy rate, a life span of 60 years and one of the highest rates of AIDS in the world. the government is corrupt, with teachers not showing up to work but still paid, every official grabbing a piece of public money, and millionaires building gigantic mansions overlooking vast slums. all this while the government spends billions buying fighter jets, missiles, and develops a nuclear program, with newspapers constantly proclaiming that it is the most democratic government in the world.

Sounds alot like an African dictatorship right?

every country has problems; it's about how serious they are.

india's problems are very serious. what would you think if you heard:

a country has 2 million child deaths per day. it has only a 60% literacy rate, a life span of 60 years and one of the highest rates of AIDS in the world. the government is corrupt, with teachers not showing up to work but still paid, every official grabbing a piece of public money, and millionaires building gigantic mansions overlooking vast slums. all this while the government spends billions buying fighter jets, missiles, and develops a nuclear program, with newspapers constantly proclaiming that it is the most democratic government in the world.

Sounds alot like an African dictatorship right?

Wow, below_freezing, I didn't know you are such an expert in all things India. So, if 2 million children are dying every day, that would mean 730 million children dying every year. Oh I didn't know we have that many kids. Are you implying we are all dead too. We are some kind of zombies at the other end of computer.

One of the highest rate of AIDS..hmm..2.5 million out of 1.2 billion..oh how much is it? less than 0.2%. So 0.2% according to you is the highest rate. I didn't know that math, Is it some kind of Chinese math?

Next time come up with better figures. Also, wait aren't you already under one of those dictatorships. God knows how many are dying in China, if only they had free media. Did they brain wash you to come and bash indians on a pakistani forum?

Last edited:
Wow, below_freezing, I didn't know you are such an expert in all things India. So, if 2 million children are dying every day, that would mean 730 million children dying every year. Oh I didn't know we have that many kids. Are you implying we are all dead too. We are some kind of zombies at the other end of computer.

One of the highest rate of AIDS..hmm..2.5 million out of 1.2 billion..oh how much is it? less than 0.2%. So 0.2% according to you is the highest rate. I didn't know that math, Is it some kind of Chinese math?

Next time come up with better figures. Also, wait aren't you already under one of those dictatorships. God knows how many are dying in China, if only they had free media. Did they brain wash you to come and bash indians on a pakistani forum?

This forum isn't good for your blood pressure:disagree:

+Not to troll here but I think India too has her fair share of dissidents. The Naxalists have guns whereas the rioters in Xingjiang and Tibet do not.
i know but you keep criticizing India when Indian members talk about India's progress so i pointed out problems in prc and you became angry?if can not tolerate china being criticized then stop blaming India!

Find a single post where I criticized India and I'll agree with everything you just said :tongue:

why you guys always like to argue about these pointless topics?China and India , Both of them have their advantages and disadvantages,it is very ridiculous to compare each other who is the best.That is meanlingless.Although China has made a great achivement in the past 30years ,it is still a long way to go to catch up with the west,So do india.Stop trolling

Back
Top Bottom