What's new

Chhattisgarh: Hindutva targeting of Christians.

I dont mind free conversions.. But I dont its what happening here in India.. If you do not know, then all those attacks on minorities will start with actions like this.. Already RSS talking about crumbling of churches here in India. Its a matter of time mate..

Bro so far I have not seen any VIOLENCE. RSS is only doing what CMs already doing for decades. They only trying to persuade people to reconvert to Hindus.

I am sure that they would never FORCE anyone to convert. They might give incentives to convert just like the CMs do or try to preach how Hinduism is better. This is just like the CMs do. But ultimately the final decision will always be left to individuals.

I won't give more importance to RSS conversions, then I would give to conversions done by CMs. Both are doing same activity. But at least RSS is not going to Canada, EU to spead Hinduism. But surely RSS or any Hindu organisation has right to take steps to stop conversions of Hindus by CMs or to reconvert those who were converted by CMs.

Bro so far I have not seen any VIOLENCE. RSS is only doing what CMs already doing for decades. They only trying to persuade people to reconvert to Hindus.

I am sure that they would never FORCE anyone to convert. They might give incentives to convert just like the CMs do or try to preach how Hinduism is better. This is just like the CMs do. But ultimately the final decision will always be left to individuals.

I won't give more importance to RSS conversions, then I would give to conversions done by CMs. Both are doing same activity. But at least RSS is not going to Canada, EU to spead Hinduism. But surely RSS or any Hindu organisation has right to take steps to stop conversions of Hindus by CMs or to reconvert those who were converted by CMs.

Ismail, who led the 200-odd Muslims in the event, said he offered namaz on Tuesday after no one from the saffron outfits turned up in their neighbourhood. "We're poor people and anyone can do anything with us. We can't afford to lose our lives over religion and conversion," Ismail said, adding that the promise of ration cards and houses had drawn many people.

"They first threatened to get us to vacate our homes. The land is owned by a Hindu. Later, they said that if we converted, we would get houses and better schooling for children," Ismail said. The women who had posed before cameramen on Monday sappeared withdrawn the day after and would not even allow the kids out to play.

Lure of ration cards led to Agra 'reconversion'? - The Times of India

Dude, right now India has to focus on the important issues. There are adequate legislation to prevent forced or coerced conversions. The example you use is a fact of life. It is for those who are being unlawfully subjected to conversions who must take the bull by the horns. Now on the subject of the Sangh. You must not forget that the RSS is a recognized wing of the BJP. The BJP is the government of India. The RSS needs to adopt a less bellicose attitude when promoting Hinduism.Their actions are being equated to BJP actions and this doesn't bode well for the Modi government. The RSS has distributed thousands of copies of the Bhagvad Gita in Africa yet refuses to abide by the magnificent teachings contained in that scripture. Hinduism is a way of life which includes utmost respect for all humanity, not just Hindus. If missionaries are breaking the law or hurting sentiments, it doesn't mean that the RSS must emulate them.Rather report them to the authorities and let the law take its course. That is the crux of the issue

Dude that's the problem the law is somehow not able to protect the coercive conversions of people either by CMs/Muslims or RSS.

But you cannot blame anyone alone in this. The CMs/RSS and Muslims organisations who convert other people are equally guilty.

I am fully in support with you, if the govt. (congress/bjp/anyone) takes steps and stops this practice in India.

In the same vein, why should someone call your priests 'Pandit Ji' or 'Pujari Ji'.

Brother, you have to give respect to priests whichever religion they belong to.

From what i have read in the OP, I didn't find even one reference where anyone is forcing you not to call your priest a Father out of respect or whatever!!
I think the Church announced they will call Principal as Acharya (a Hindi substitute for the word) and vice principal as up acharya (yet another Hindi substitute word)..
Sir, you can call Christian priests as 'Swami' coz it has a religious tone. In Kerala, priests are called Achchan which means Father. Guru and Acharya have different meaning. Its more academic word.
Dont you expect me to call your priest as Pujari ji or Pandit ji?
Why is it so hard to give respect to people of other faith!

Now you have problem with usage of academic words in schools. That's amazing!! Why do you think words with religious tones should be used in schools? Guru/Acharya have nothing to do with religion.. They are pure secular words and can be used for teachers in schools.. Big deal?

I always had high regards for Hindus. I know about its scriptures much better than an average Hindu. I participate in every religious festivals of theirs but some jerks are forcing me to change my opinion.

I just hope people like you are in a minority in India. It this continues, it wont be long when you will see movie "Partition Revisited" in near future.

We use Dharmic terms because we are Indians first. Stop seeing conspiracy in everything.
No one is against Christians, we are all against Evangelicals. Keep this in mind. The Christian community did not speak up against the evangelical activity taking place, it is hypocritical of them to talk about conversions by lure now.

The state assembly passed the Chhattisgarh Freedom of Religion (Amendment) Act, 2006 which provided for a three-year jail term and a fine of Rs 20, 000 for those indulging in religious conversion through allurement, fraud or force.

It also provided that "the return to ancestor's original religion or his own original religion by any person shall not be construed as 'conversion'."

The bill requires a person intending to convert to another religion to apply to the district collector at least 30 days in advance. The Collector is vested with the right to refuse permission to convert.

Good and logical laws indeed - these should be replicated to all other states. :tup:

From what i have read in the OP, I didn't find even one reference where anyone is forcing you not to call your priest a Father out of respect or whatever!!
I think the Church announced they will call Principal as Acharya (a Hindi substitute for the word) and vice principal as up acharya (yet another Hindi substitute word)..

Now you have problem with usage of academic words in schools. That's amazing!! Why do you think words with religious tones should be used in schools? Guru/Acharya have nothing to do with religion.. They are pure secular words and can be used for teachers in schools.. Big deal?

These are not normal public schools. These are Convents run by Priests and Nuns. It is similar to Buddhist 'Matths'.

No one is against Christians, we are all against Evangelicals. Keep this in mind. The Christian community did not speak up against the evangelical activity taking place, it is hypocritical of them to talk about conversions by lure now.

You got to be kidding me!! Every traditional Christian organisations have talked against them.. Even every diocese send written letter to every church under them condemning the activities of the evangelical societies and even requested not to entertain these kind of people.

Kick those pentecostal bastards out of the country....

:tup: I am also against those missions which create nuisance in our Society by aggressive evangelization. There are more such missionaries which work on US/UK funds.

Catholics are completely Indianised. I ask my non-christians brothers to pay a visit to Church service on Sunday. You would be pleasantly surprised.

What about putting Devi Saraswati's picture in a christian school?

In India now there is a competition going on to know who converts more tribals .

Back
Top Bottom