What's new

Chhattisgarh: Hindutva targeting of Christians.

Bhai this Acharya also happens to be the Purohit of the Christian Church.

One more thing, if local people themselves called them acharya then it would have been a non-issue. Here the case is different. It has been forced on them by a political party.

Both Purohit and Swami literally means Brahmins, so have religious tone, where as Acharya or Pradhanacharya means principal only. Also, Pradhanacharya is commonly used word in India. It got no religious tones and is pure and pure academic word so suits better to be used in academic institution.

I am not able to understand your beef with it.

Bhai this Acharya also happens to be the Purohit of the Christian Church.

One more thing, if local people themselves called them acharya then it would have been a non-issue. Here the case is different. It has been forced on them by a political party.

He is purohit of his church. In the school, his function is not that of a purohit. We do not send our children to attend church but to get an education in school. In his role as a principal of the school, he is an acharya only.

Adding acharya to the title is the more correct way.

Lets say the guy's name is Alex and he is a father . We can call him Acharya Father Alex.

Like wise if its a doctorate guy we can call him Acharya Dr Spark and so on.

Its a non issue.

Doesn't India have many , many pressing and needy social problems which needs to be fixed by the BJP and its RSS wing? Will converting people to Hinduism solve all these problems ?

@seiko say 20 Hail Planet Warriors and pray for India dude :D
Many problems will be solved. :D It will create more joru ka gulams. Then we can invite you to speak about Martial Arts. :devil:

BJP is not into this. Neither is RSS in a full time role. :P And we are not converting people. :disagree:

No offence.

Only when goats grow wings can they do that :D
Here I issue a diktat - Christmas cakes should have no more than 20% cream of the volume of the real cake. :D

I am speechless as a Christian. For the time being I am not feeling the heat as I dont live in that region but my heart goes for the poor Christians who can even celebrate Christmas properly.
In Christianity we call our priests Father out of respect & our faith. In different languages people use different words meaning 'Father'. Calling them Acharya totally removes the religious aspect of a priest. He becomes just another teacher. There is a difference between a teacher and a priest.
Its just a case of might is right. Wherever extremists are in power, it enforces its views on others be it ISIS, RSS, TALIBAN.

While I agree with your feelings, I also think that religion should be kept out of school at all.

What we need are truly secular schools, and no religious education.

mate many residents of North east India have surname a SINGH ......and they are Christians .......

and how can u think likes of "GIRIRAJ SINGH" hails from Punjab???

Kaka, I've seen and aware of Hindus whose last name is Singh. However, for me Christian Singh was a big Surprise. Apparently, he converted to Christianity. :D

The sad part of Vishwa Hindu Parishad is that they undertake many great missions such as feeding schemes out of India. In India however I suspect that the pollution must be getting to them

Woah!! Can you please tell me what 'great' schemes the VHP carries outside India??

I know they do a lot of good inside India, But such words of praise coming from a person who calls himself secular & dislikes the Hindu Right-wing is surprising.

And By the way VHP has ALWAYS Been like this, they are very aggressive when it comes to dealing with Evangelists & Islamists. They are the ones who take part in riots & defend the Hindus.
They also carry out many re-conversion programs throughout the nation.

@SarthakGanguly Can you please tell me what the RSS has planned for AP.

After 10 years we finally have a friendly govt. in the state(NDA). The local Temples & Endowments Minister too is a BJP MLA & a RSS man.:-)

Don't worry I won't blurt it out loud for the entire world to know:D;):)

Woah!! Can you please tell me what 'great' schemes the VHP carries outside India??

I know they do a lot of good inside India, But such words of praise coming from a person who calls himself secular & dislikes the Hindu Right-wing is surprising.

And By the way VHP has ALWAYS Been like this, they are very aggressive when it comes to dealing with Evangelists & Islamists. They are the ones who take part in riots & defend the Hindus.
They also carry out many re-conversion programs throughout the nation.

@SarthakGanguly Can you please tell me what the RSS has planned for AP.

After 10 years we finally have a friendly govt. in the state(NDA). The local Temples & Endowments Minister too is a BJP MLA & a RSS man.:-)

Don't worry I won't blurt it out loud for the entire world to know:D;):)
Sorry. For 1.5 years I worked on Hyderabad and Telengana. Giving out the details is always a recipe for disaster. :D

Sorry. For 1.5 years I worked on Hyderabad and Telengana. Giving out the details is always a recipe for disaster. :D
Good, I understand :) . If we have to win, we have to be subtle.

But be careful of CBN when you are in AP. CBN unfortunately is also'secular '. Not as secular as RJD, SP or even the Congress. But strong, the secularism in him , it is.

The cunning fox CBN may try to throw RSS & VHP karyakartas taking on the missionaries into jail & act harshly with them in the near future, so as to convince the Christian Vote-bank & it's pastors/leaders to dump the YSRCP & vote for him & him alone.[Jagan may go to jail thus finishing his party]

He will lose about 10% of votes due to this, but will aim to gain 15-25% !!!!

So be careful of anything & everything. & don't worry Millions of Hindus in AP will support you in your efforts. :)

Good, I understand :) . If we have to win, we have to be subtle.

But be careful of CBN when you are in AP. CBN unfortunately is also'secular '. Not as secular as RJD, SP or even the Congress. But strong, the secularism in him , it is.

The cunning fox CBN may try to throw RSS & VHP karyakartas taking on the missionaries into jail & act harshly with them in the near future, so as to convince the Christian Vote-bank & it's pastors/leaders to dump the YSRCP & vote for him & him alone.[Jagan may go to jail thus finishing his party]

He will lose about 10% of votes due to this, but will aim to gain 15-25% !!!!

So be careful of anything & everything. & don't worry Millions of Hindus in AP will support you in your efforts. :)
Getting arrested is not a concern. Hopefully they won't make that mistake. If people are arrested, they will be history. :)

Adding acharya to the title is the more correct way.

Lets say the guy's name is Alex and he is a father . We can call him Acharya Father Alex.

Like wise if its a doctorate guy we can call him Acharya Dr Spark and so on.

Its a non issue.

I Second that...

While I agree with your feelings, I also think that religion should be kept out of school at all.

What we need are truly secular schools, and no religious education.

Ask any convent educated person whether he/she has been forced to convert into Christianity. Answer will be in negative. Even in the assembly prayers they use generic terms for God like 'Ishwar' etc.

All religious groups in India have got their schools. Muslims have got Madrassas. Hindus have got Saraswati Shishu Mandirs and DAV Schools etc. Christians have got Convent Schools.

Christians happen to have the largest network of schools. That is why they are target of fundoos.

Last edited:
I've never understood hatred of missionaries. If a person believes that his religion is the right religion and the most just religion then why would he fear prosletyising by other faiths?
It's also unfair because no predominantly Christian country restricts the activities of Muslims, Hindus or Jews.

We have African missionaries in Britain now!

The bane of all those who work from home... Jehovah's witnesses. They are polite and all that.. but they will not leave me alone!

Back
Top Bottom