What's new

CH-4 Chinese UCAV Arrives in Pakistan for Army

I am amazed some people been here for ages and have learnt nothing. Suddenly they become naive of our economic situation and saying why we didn't buy the latest. These are the people that suggests drinking juice if there is a drought.
I hope the UAVs come with satcomms so we can utilize longer range. Although relays can also be used to get long ranges with live feedback.

its not about buying the latest or greatest. We have had armed burraqs for over a decade. We have not rven carried out 1 drone strike on BLA. What difference does the best drone make?

Question here is regarding the lack of political will. Why would terrorist be afraid for when our generals are only gonna use these drones for self glorification?
What has happened to the armed falco drones ? Any ideas?
Does anyone know the unit price?

Turkish drones employed in the recent war cost approx 1 million dollars. So of you lose one no problem. This was the Turkish philosophy.

Falcos are not armed. Only the Burraqs have been armed with missiles.

I suggest IBOs, AVs, MRAPs, and better training.

But the long-term fix is the devolution of power to local governments and the establishment technology intensive SMEs. That's the only way to peace in Balochistan.

Good points, and of course I favour this. Sadly the insurgency has been taken up a notch with regular assaults on paramilitary forces by organised bands. It will also take significant funding and time for the suggestions to make an impact, whilst we continue to lose good men. The drones can have a demoralising impact on the terrorists, and nip their attacks in the bud.

Good points, and of course I favour this. Sadly the insurgency has been taken up a notch with regular assaults on paramilitary forces by organised bands. It will also take significant funding and time for the suggestions to make an impact, whilst we continue to lose good men. The drones can have a demoralising impact on the terrorists, and nip their attacks in the bud.
The quality of life of the average militant recruit is absolutely terrible, and they are reminded by their recruiters of the stark contrast between their living standard and that of an average middle-class citizen from Punjab. The recent development projects in Gwadar and other parts of Balochistan, the land where they were born and raised, are a distant dream to them. You will not repress them by killing them with airstrikes, you will only make them more angry.

Your opponent here is not a spoiled sardar living in exile; it is these boys and men who have seen nothing but poverty and adversity in their lives. Yes, they have butchered our troops, and therefore you do not want to sympathise with them. Remember, however, that you have no choice but to show them sympathy if you want an end to this insurgency because they do represent the wishes of the people. Anyone who thinks the insurgents do not enjoy popular support is living in a fool's paradise.

The quality of life of the average militant recruit is absolutely terrible, and they are reminded by their recruiters of the stark contrast between their living standard and that of an average middle-class citizen from Punjab. The recent development projects in Gwadar and other parts of Balochistan, the land where they were born and raised, are a distant dream to them. You will not repress them by killing them with airstrikes, you will only make them more angry.

Your opponent here is not a spoiled sardar living in exile; it is these boys and men who have seen nothing but poverty and adversity in their lives. Yes, they have butchered our troops, and therefore you do not want to sympathise with them. Remember, however, that you have no choice but to show them sympathy if you want an end to this insurgency because they do represent the wishes of the people. Anyone who thinks the insurgents do not enjoy popular support is living in a fool's paradise.
You've summarized it brilliantly. These are the points which some people don't understand. While i may differ on a single point that military actions are required and are a necessity. Development with military actions where required as all not are becoming terrorists due to pethatic living conditions but also due to ideology. Military actions + diplomacy + infrastructure development is the way forward to crush the insurgency. Build schools colleges and teach the balochi people the ideology we want them to learn.

Last edited:
The engine is expensive, they use Turboprop like Rapier drone. Actually Predator drone which hasnt used Turboprop engine is still deathly and very capable. CH 4 is cheaper mainly due to engine selection.

Well, maybe because drone campaign during Obama administration prove to create high civilian casualties. Drone is bad to be used against insurgency that hide among civiliant population,
Demands upon rules of engagement
In obama era any male above 15 was considered legitimate target

The drone it self carries small bombs with very limited radius

Years ago a study posted to the MOD by @Quwa explored a "Combined Force Doctrine" for SSG operators, LIC elements on the ground. I had the opportunity to read it and it is currently in implementation phase. CH4 is not ideal but does provide a cost effective solution to implement that model.

I will not go into detail about it here, but generally speaking, it called for inducting a specified set of capabilities to deploy drones in the theater of operations to provide SIGINT, ELINT, IMINT, Real Time ISR and Strike Element to the ground elements throughout the entire phase of operations.

The study claimed a vast and measurable decrease in operator casualties and high levels of mission output.

Years ago a study posted to the MOD by @Quwa explored a "Combined Force Doctrine" for SSG operators, LIC elements on the ground. I had the opportunity to read it and it is currently in implementation phase. CH4 is not ideal but does provide a cost effective solution to implement that model.

I will not go into detail about it here, but generally speaking, it called for inducting a specified set of capabilities to deploy drones in the theater of operations to provide SIGINT, ELINT, IMINT, Real Time ISR and Strike Element to the ground elements throughout the entire phase of operations.

The study claimed a vast and measurable decrease in operator casualties and high levels of mission output.
So this purchase is primarily for COIN ops and the "Army UCAVs on the Eastern front" requirement remains unfulfilled or does not exist?

If it's unfulfilled, that could be a prelude to interesting things to come. Hard to imagine that it does not exist but I'm not a military planner.

You've summarized it brilliantly. These are the points which some people don't understand. While i may differ on a single point that military actions are required and are a necessity. Development with military actions where required as all not are becoming terrorists due to pethatic living conditions but also due to ideology. Military actions + diplomacy + infrastructure development is the way forward to crush the insurgency. Build schools colleges and teach the balochi people the ideology we want them to learn.
In addition firstly provide them jobs with on site training for new and upcoming jobs.

In addition firstly provide them jobs with on site training for new and upcoming jobs.
Yes but as a personal POV which cpec kicking in, infrastructure projects and development jobs are increasing in balochistan. Military action where required with diplomacy is also working so we can't say that the govt and armed forces are not doing anything. Everything is coming along nicely at a really slow place but still things are being worked out. So as a personal opinion i dont see the balochistan conflict and the BLA BRAS etc surviving any longer than 2023-25. I can be wrong though this i is just my personal assessment.

To decimate the Indian Armored, Artillery and Infantry Pak needs the autonomous AI driven Turkish drones with killer EW capabilities coupled with smart munitions....

There is absolutely no doubt about it. I wonder if there is any talks between Pak - Turkey on this??

I can’t think of anything in India that’s worth destroying.

Maybe then power plants and dams?

Can drones do enough damage?

I can’t think of anything in India that’s worth destroying.

Maybe then power plants and dams?

Can drones do enough damage?
Destroys some temples of theirs and there will be enough noise.... Although than we would be bypassing Islam

The UCAV System CH-4 ordered by Pakistan Army has finally arrived last week in Pakistan and currently in process of transportation to an aviation base in Khanewal presumably View attachment 708054
View attachment 708055
Hopefully this will alleviate load on PAF jets deployed for Army IBO or anti terrorist ops near the Afghanistan Border

I find it curious as to why the PA went for Chinese UCAV over battle tested Turkish ones?

I find it curious as to why the PA went for Chinese UCAV over battle tested Turkish ones?
I also find this strange..
Turkish ones are smaller. Cost about a million dollars a pop and if you lose a few in combat its no real loss. They are a proven system as well
Ch4 has had bad press globally as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom