What's new

CH-4 Chinese UCAV Arrives in Pakistan for Army

Told you boss. :P Navy and AF are getting theirs too.
Matlab sab apni dairh eenth ki masjid banao. Nice.

If you gentlemen are referring to MALE UAV, then it is still in Prototype mode as we already know, ground tests done, further/newer prototype about to be made incorporating feed back from the precious one. Being a totally indigenous effort (apart from engine I bet), it took time as @JamD & I discussed it before.

In my opinion, "The operational need & demand put pressure on already low UAV resource (at times caused precious mission objectives to not being attained), which resulted in decision making form Higher ups to procure UAVs, as PAC MALE UAV was no where near production at the time & is still in prototype".
I just hope that eventually that the needs of all armed forces are fulfilled by the local product. If it isn't then what even is the point.
A lot of faith in them but these will play the role of middle tier UCAVs bridging the gap between small UCAVs we have and MALE UCAV we are developing..
If anything the PAC UCAV is slightly smaller than the CH4. Both are essentially the same class of UCAV. So this is fulfilling of an urgent need and/or siloed planning.

Soon the savages killing innocents in Baluchistan will have a reason to fear the skies.

Hopefully we will see the end of attacks on convoys, FC posts, road etc. They have to come out in the open which are far away from mountain hideouts, and they also use the road network. They should be easy pickings for the drones.

Last edited:
Great this can also hit moving targets?

good move

Matlab sab apni dairh eenth ki masjid banao. Nice.

I just hope that eventually that the needs of all armed forces are fulfilled by the local product. If it isn't then what even is the point.

If anything the PAC UCAV is slightly smaller than the CH4. Both are essentially the same class of UCAV. So this is fulfilling of an urgent need and/or siloed planning.
People in planning division know better bro.. I think it is siloed... as MALE UAV will take some time..

Soon the savages killing innocents in Baluchistan will have a reason to fear the skies.

Hopefully we will see the end of attacks on convoys, FC posts, road etc. They have to come out in the open which far away from mountain hideouts, and they also use the road network. They should be easy pickings for the drones.
And you think that would bring peace to Balochistan? The answer to Baloch insurgency is an armed drone. Wah!

Why not use Falcos which on this thread is being claimed not used... you have TOT so make em here.. 🤔

These are cool but simple to make not complex at all bahi..

Source under your post says CH4 is better...
May be those are special plane connected with Chinese datalink , which provide constant security feed of major routes.

And you think that would bring peace to Balochistan? The answer to Baloch insurgency is an armed drone. Wah!

Who said it was, wah! At making generalisations.
At this point you have foreign backed milita taking pot shots at the military, and if that wasn't bad enough killing non-Baluch Pakistanis whenever they like, what do you propose should be done about them?

Hopefully we will see the end of attacks on convoys, FC posts, road etc. They have to come out in the open which far away from mountain hideouts, and they also use the road network. They should be easy pickings for the drones.
Although 'we' wrote a proposal for way forward in the Balochistan but i will touch base on Drones:
  • Conduct Surveillance & Recon operation along border region & hotspots with in Pakistan. These Hotspots are the areas with high incident / attack rate
  • SIGINT operation
  • Drone Strikes for targeted attacks
  • Special Ops to be deployed following the strike for BDA (Battle Damage Assessment). Verify target was neutralize
  • Ensure open communication to the Public on the drone attacks in order to avoid negative propaganda. There will be negative PR once we start carrying out drone strikes. Hence it is imperative that public be made aware of the situation.

48 CH-4s are just the initial order... deal was actually signed a few years ago. This is in addition to the domestic Buraq that is in production and in use with the army for over a decade now.

The Ch-4s are longer range and more payload in comparison to the Burraq. They will provide immense capability especially in such large numbers. I expect the Pakistani military to also focus on a co-production with Turkey (Burraq 2?), word is Pakistani military officers are greatly impressed and interested in Turkish drones as well due to their success in the recent azeri conflict.

In the medium term (5-10) years I would not be surprised if Pakistans UCAV fleet easily surpasses 200+ systems and becomes amongst the worlds largest and most advance. Critical technologies and systems will have to be procured from key partners such as China and Turkey. I expect these 2 countries to become Pakistans largest defence partners.

Pakistan UCAV fleet currently:
- 50 Burraq (expect total production to be 100+)
-19 CH-4s (30 more on order. Expect follow up orders of CH-5)
- 50 Turkish MALE drones (More than likely)
Although 'we' wrote a proposal for way forward in the Balochistan but i will touch base on Drones:
  • Conduct Surveillance & Recon operation along border region & hotspots with in Pakistan. These Hotspots are the areas with high incident / attack rate
  • SIGINT operation
  • Special Ops to be deployed following the strike for BDA (Battle Damage Assessment). Verify target was neutralize
  • Ensure open communication to the Public on the drone attacks in order to avoid negative propaganda. There will be negative PR once we start carrying out drone strikes. Hence it is imperative that public be made aware of the situation.

The CH-4s do not provide the Pakistani military with any new capability vis via Balochistan/FATA. Pakistan has used the Burraq to conduct domestic drone strikes since 2009. We could have used Burraq drones to decimate BLA/TTP terrorist many years ago. Why do you think even the US calls our generals lazy?

Yeah sure a single CH-4 might be able to do the job of 2-3 Burraqs but have we even used 2-3 burraqs against terrorist in balochistan/afghanistan/iran ? answer is NOOOO.

hell our civilians are being bombed daily in kashmir and we havnt annihalated even 1 indian 155mm gun using a drone strike?

You know why our fat arse generals send soldiers in pick up trucks without any body armor, night vision, or basic gear to fight terrorist equipped to the teethe? Because they dont wanna spend a few extra thousand to use a missile to kill these bastards... they wanna save that $$$ for the luxury plots they wanna get or the fees they wanna pay for their kids at harvard...

There is a lack of political will. Even 100+ CH-4s/Predators/Etc... will not change anything without strong political will to annihalate terrorist foreign and domestic.

Last edited:
  • SIGINT operation
Very much like British used to do in ex FATA area warming before bombing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom