What's new

Çay Bahçesi

I understand; I'm just saying that I don't get that because we Pakistanis don't really believe in blood because if we did I'd be a minority in my own country (my people are less than 3% of Pakistan's population) and the largest ethnic group of Pakistan would barely touch the 50% mark and a Pakistan based around a single ethnicity would tear itself apart.

So we gravitate towards each other based on the love for Pakistan not what the other person's blood is or what language he speaks.
We have that to but not so much as in Pakistan.

I understand; I'm just saying that I don't get that because we Pakistanis don't really believe in blood because if we did I'd be a minority in my own country (my people are less than 3% of Pakistan's population) and the largest ethnic group of Pakistan would barely touch the 50% mark and a Pakistan based around a single ethnicity would tear itself apart.

So we gravitate towards each other based on the love for Pakistan not what the other person's blood is or what language he speaks.
i wonder, is there strong regionalism/separatist sentiments in your country? I mean, I know about the Baloch part, but as you said the largest ethnic group barely comprises 50% of the population, so is there a situation like that of Catalonia in Spain and Bavaria in Germany, who either want outright separation, more autonomy or just feel more important compared to/looks down on the rest?

i wonder, is there strong regionalism/separatist sentiments in your country? I mean, I know about the Baloch part, but as you said the largest ethnic group barely comprises 50% of the population, so is there a situation like that of Catalonia in Spain and Bavaria in Germany, who either want outright separation, more autonomy or just feel more important compared to/looks down on the rest?

The Baluch thing is a little like the Kurdish thing in Turkiye; the Baluch areas have been neglected by the Government and the development has focused primarily elsewhere so that has led to some resentment.

Additionally because the Baluch society is tribal in nature the Tribal Chieftains over there wield enormous power and unless their pockets are lined by the Government or unless they're allowed to sit in Government and do as they please they make a hue and cry about the neglect of the Baluch areas by the Central Government when they themselves despite being pretty darn rich won't even open a college or a small hospital in their areas.

So because of these two factors there are some separatists tendencies there but the Government and the Army has been tackling that by developing those areas especially if Gwadar gets developed Baluchistan and Pakistan by extention will get a new-life line in terms of economic benefit because of the Gwadar Port and the Economic Corridor from there to China.

Plus the Army has been recruiting heavily from the Baluch areas while traditionally the Army has been recruited from elsewhere and so a few thousand Baloch have been recruited in the Army in the past few years. The Army has been opening Cadet Colleges and Hospitals and other such places in the less developed areas and thats really helped things out and so the insurgency has pretty much died out.

Furthermore the party thats ruling the Central Government also won enough seats in Baluchistan to form a Government there but instead of doing so they asked the Baluch Nationalist Part and a Pukhtoon Nationalist Party (representing the Nationalists from amongst the two largest ethnic groups of Baluchistan) to form the Government instead with their own Chief Minister and Governor; so that helped too.

Apart from that there are no separatist tendencies in Pakistan.

And besides the Baluch are less than 4% of Pakistan's population and because most of them aren't for Separatism so even from a numbers of point of view the Separatists can't possibly.

Plus there are more Baluch outside of Baluchistan in the provinces of Sindh and Punjab than there are in Baluchistan so even from a Baluch Nationalist point of view Separatism doesn't sell that big.

However the Government should develop those areas on a priority basis because the Baluch are our Brothers....our own flesh and blood and it is not right that their areas remain underdeveloped while the resources are spent on the city centers of Pakistan.

I read a report that Erdogan is going to make education of Ottoman Turkish mandatory in high schools, how true is that?
@Sinan @xenon54

As i understood. Ottoman Turkish will be mandatory in religious schools. In normal schools, it won't be mandatory.

But i doubt that we have enough teachers who knows Ottoman Turkish. Very silly idea. There is no need to revive a dead language. Infact English should be mandatory in school.

It will be mandatory, you know how many of the "non-mandatory" lessons work, plus Tayyip said "even if they don't want, Ottoman Turkish will be teached" , this guy is getting more and more into my nerves lately, his language become completely aggressive and provocative.

As i understood. Ottoman Turkish will be mandatory in religious schools. In normal schools, it won't be mandatory.

But i doubt that we have enough teachers who knows Ottoman Turkish. Very silly idea. There is no need to revive a dead language. Infact English should be mandatory in school.
We shouldn't get into conspiracy theories, but some say Davoduglu's Neo-Ottomanism is the real deal, and these actions give the theory some life.

BTW, isn't English already mandatory in schools??

We shouldn't get into conspiracy theories, but some say Davoduglu's Neo-Ottomanism is the real deal, and these actions give the theory some life.

BTW, isn't English already mandatory in schools??

Its not a conspiracy theory, its real and they don't hide it in their speeches.

The Baluch thing is a little like the Kurdish thing in Turkiye; the Baluch areas have been neglected by the Government and the development has focused primarily elsewhere so that has led to some resentment.

Additionally because the Baluch society is tribal in nature the Tribal Chieftains over there wield enormous power and unless their pockets are lined by the Government or unless they're allowed to sit in Government and do as they please they make a hue and cry about the neglect of the Baluch areas by the Central Government when they themselves despite being pretty darn rich won't even open a college or a small hospital in their areas.

So because of these two factors there are some separatists tendencies there but the Government and the Army has been tackling that by developing those areas especially if Gwadar gets developed Baluchistan and Pakistan by extention will get a new-life line in terms of economic benefit because of the Gwadar Port and the Economic Corridor from there to China.

Plus the Army has been recruiting heavily from the Baluch areas while traditionally the Army has been recruited from elsewhere and so a few thousand Baloch have been recruited in the Army in the past few years. The Army has been opening Cadet Colleges and Hospitals and other such places in the less developed areas and thats really helped things out and so the insurgency has pretty much died out.

Furthermore the party thats ruling the Central Government also won enough seats in Baluchistan to form a Government there but instead of doing so they asked the Baluch Nationalist Part and a Pukhtoon Nationalist Party (representing the Nationalists from amongst the two largest ethnic groups of Baluchistan) to form the Government instead with their own Chief Minister and Governor; so that helped too.

Apart from that there are no separatist tendencies in Pakistan.

And besides the Baluch are less than 4% of Pakistan's population and because most of them aren't for Separatism so even from a numbers of point of view the Separatists can't possibly.

Plus there are more Baluch outside of Baluchistan in the provinces of Sindh and Punjab than there are in Baluchistan so even from a Baluch Nationalist point of view Separatism doesn't sell that big.

However the Government should develop those areas on a priority basis because the Baluch are our Brothers....our own flesh and blood and it is not right that their areas remain underdeveloped while the resources are spent on the city centers of Pakistan.
thanks for the detailed reply. I just checked the demographics of Pakistan and despite being made up with big numbers of many ethnicities, Pakistan has been doing well on keeping everybody together, a sign of strong unity indeed, a great example :cheers: hope you guys can permanently solve and put the Baluchi issue to rest soon.

what i wonder is why they want to introduce it. Aren't those Ottoman era books and documents already translated from Arabic script to Latin? if not, can't they do so? i am all for the idea that people should be able to read and understand their history without objects, but forcing all students to learn Arabic script just to do so seems to be a burden and a waste of precious education time that could have been spent on more urgent subjects.

what i wonder is why they want to introduce it. Aren't those Ottoman era books and documents already translated from Arabic script to Latin? if not, can't they do so? i am all for the idea that people should be able to read and understand their history without objects, but forcing all students to learn Arabic script just to do so seems to be a burden and a waste of precious education time that could have been spent on more urgent subjects.
Is it about learning Arabic script or Ottoman Turkish language? I dont think its going to be a success and i dont see any benefit in it, as Sinan said they should make English mandatory instead since number of english speaking people is not much in Turkey compared to Europe.

thanks for the detailed reply. I just checked the demographics of Pakistan and despite being made up with big numbers of many ethnicities, Pakistan has been doing well on keeping everybody together, a sign of strong unity indeed, a great example :cheers: hope you guys can permanently solve and put the Baluchi issue to rest soon.

Dont you really get it or dont you want to see it?

Mate...nobody will learn our history from ancient texts which are only available in museums....at best people will be able to read the tombstone of their grand-grandfather....

And how can they do it mandatory....who will teach Ottoman language to millions of students. I don't think this project will come in to life..I think he is diverting public opinion....something is bound to be happen or something happened and we didn't hear yet.

More on the topic... there is no such thing as Ottoman Turkish. It is just Turkish with excessive words from Arabic.

turkD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom