What's new

Çay Bahçesi

Oh come on; if I were to study in Turkiye I'd be charged crazy amounts of international fees ! :mad:

A $1000-1200 p.a in tuition fee sounds like a joke in comparison ! :o:
Not for those students,if they had enough money,they would have went to the US or Europe.:big_boss:
You in Turkiye?

Not for those students,if they had enough money,they would have went to the US or Europe.:big_boss:

But are Turkish higher education institutes profit making entities or charitable institutes that they bank roll someone else's education simply because they're Turk or Turkic ? o_O

We've got a couple of Pakistanis (very few but they're there) who trace lineage to some of the Turkic people who came from Central Asia and settled here over the centuries; ought they be given these preferential tuition fee waivers to simply because their of Turkic ethnicity ? :sarcastic:

This whole thing doesn't make any sense ! :crazy:

After finishing Breaking bad, I watched movie "a knight's tale", that cutiepie Laura Fraser was there too what a suprise.

But are Turkish higher education institutes profit making entities or charitable institutes that they bank roll someone else's education simply because they're Turk or Turkic ? o_O

We've got a couple of Pakistanis (very few but they're there) who trace lineage to some of the Turkic people who came from Central Asia and settled here over the centuries; ought they be given these preferential tuition fee waivers to simply because their of Turkic ethnicity ? :sarcastic:

This whole thing doesn't make any sense ! :crazy:
Yes,yes and yes.
It was always a tradition of every Turkish government untill the Ottomans came,to help some students fromTurkic and historic,cultural(Pakistan,Afghanistan,Bosnia,Albania,Macedonia, etc)close countries with their education(free).

Yes,yes and yes.
It was always a tradition of every Turkish government untill the Ottomans came,to help some students fromTurkic and historic,cultural(Pakistan,Afghanistan etc)close countries with their education(free).

It doesn't make much sense to me but then again this 'Aahhh another Turk....my brother' thing that most Turks do never really made much sense to me ever anyhow ! :undecided:

So I dunno; good luck I suppose ! :unsure:

Yes,yes and yes.
It was always a tradition of every Turkish government untill the Ottomans came,to help some students fromTurkic and historic,cultural(Pakistan,Afghanistan,Bosnia,Albania,Macedonia, etc)close countries with their education(free).
Wait, free education for Turkish ancestry? What's the punishment for falsely claiming Turkish ancestry?

Wait, free education for Turkish ancestry? What's the punishment for falsely claiming Turkish ancestry?

giphy[1].gif

It doesn't make much sense to me but then again this 'Aahhh another Turk....my brother' thing that most Turks do never really made much sense to me ever anyhow ! :undecided:

So I dunno; good luck I suppose ! :unsure:
It should make sense,if you had this Pakistanishness in your country,you would have lesser problems.
Every Turk is a ''nationalist''(some more some less),the nation comes first(no nazi's)
This is what binds us,not religion or any other aspect.
So a Turkic is automaticly seen as a brother,if he needs help he gets it,not an issue.
Lets take the Turks on this forum,we all have different opinions and different beliefs,polictical views etc,but what happens when someone attacks our Turkish entity,what happens then?
You dont have that because you are from a different culture and thats why its strange to you.
Those Pakistani Turks you mentioned feel it in their blood they are drawn to us,its a feeling not explainable.
''Kan ceker'' is a Turkish saying and i cant explain it in English but it means drawn to each other(brotherly sense).
And before you go ISIS on me,you know how we feel about Pakistan.

Its for the poor students,you wouldnt fit the description(USA)

It should make sense,if you had this Pakistanishness in your country,you would have lesser problems.
Every Turk is a ''nationalist''(some more some less),the nation comes first(no nazi's)
This is what binds us,not religion or any other aspect.
So a Turkic is automaticly seen as a brother,if he needs help he gets it,not an issue.
Lets take the Turks on this forum,we all have different opinions and different beliefs,polictical views etc,but what happens when someone attacks our Turkish entity,what happens then?
You dont have that because you are from a different culture and thats why its strange to you.
Those Pakistani Turks you mentioned feel it in their blood they are drawn to us,its a feeling not explainable.
''Kan ceker'' is a Turkish saying and i cant explain it in English but it means drawn to each other(brotherly sense).

And I am drawn to a fellow Pakistani in just the same way; for us our nation comes first as well but because our sense of nationhood is inexplicably linked to our religion* for us we don't really face this question of whether its country first or religion because to speak of one is to speak of the other for the vast majority of us.

I am a Kashmiri; a Pakistani Sindhi, Baluch, Pukhtoon, Punjabi or the dozens upon dozens of ethnicities that inhabit Pakistan are my brothers long.....long.....before an Indian Kashmiri is !

In fact if an Indian Kashmiri is Pro-India than a pile a horse sh*t is dearer to me than him. Just saying. :coffee:

* we didn't go for a separate country because we all speak the same language or we belong to the same ethnic group we did so because we're Muslims and we felt that our rights as Muslims were being denied. So the Pakistani identity and the Islamic notion of Nationhood that transcends race, color, ethnicity, language etc. are pretty much interwoven with each other.

That is both our strength and our weakness.

And I am drawn to a fellow Pakistani in just the same way; for us our nation comes first as well but because our sense of nationhood is inexplicably linked to our religion* for us we don't really face this question of whether its country first or religion because to speak of one is to speak of the other for the vast majority of us.

I am a Kashmiri; a Pakistani Sindhi, Baluch, Pukhtoon, Punjabi or the dozens upon dozens of ethnicities that inhabit Pakistan are my brothers long.....long.....before an Indian Kashmiri is !

In fact if an Indian Kashmiri is Pro-India than a pile a horse sh*t is dearer to me than him. Just saying. :coffee:

* we didn't go for a separate country because we all speak the same language or we belong to the same ethnic group we did so because we're Muslims and we felt that our rights as Muslims were being denied. So the Pakistani identity and the Islamic notion of Nationhood that transcends race, color, ethnicity, language etc. are pretty much interwoven with each other.

So what happened to you after you got stripped from your Honourary Turkishness?

I am poor, but not Turkish but I can pretend.;)
You can apply but i dont think they will give you a chance(country of origin).

We are not just drawn to each other by being countrymen.... it's blood. If somebody carries Turk blood i will give him %100 credit at start. But a non-Turk ,starts with 0% credit and builds up.

Mate, it's not just the case in PDF. I met with 2 Azeris in my life. And with both, we happened to be best bros merely in 5 minutes. :)

"Kan Çeker", blood draws.

We are not just drawn to each other by being countrymen.... it's blood. If somebody carries Turk blood i will give him %100 credit at start. But a non-Turk ,starts with 0% credit and builds up.

Mate, it's not just the case in PDF. I met with 2 Azeris in my life. And with both, we happened to be best bros merely in 5 minutes. :)

"Kan Çeker", blood draws.

I understand; I'm just saying that I don't get that because we Pakistanis don't really believe in blood because if we did I'd be a minority in my own country (my people are less than 3% of Pakistan's population) and the largest ethnic group of Pakistan would barely touch the 50% mark and a Pakistan based around a single ethnicity would tear itself apart.

So we gravitate towards each other based on the love for Pakistan not what the other person's blood is or what language he speaks.

Back
Top Bottom