What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Is Jf-17 replaceing F-7s and Mirage on one to one basis?Because that would put the final number at 250-300 Aircraft..
PAF would need at least 500 machines to replace all the Mirages,F-7s and A-5s.Then they wiil start working on Single Engine version of F-60/J-31,hopefully.

PAF would need at least 500 machines to replace all the Mirages,F-7s and A-5s.Then they wiil start working on Single Engine version of F-60/J-31,hopefully.

Not really. Newer planes have a lot more potential then the old ones. Just like the newer weapons. And with a very good netcentric approach there is a total new force to be reckon with. I do not understand the logic of a single engined stealth plane. You need a very big single engine or one can skip internal bays...

Not really. Newer planes have a lot more potential then the old ones. Just like the newer weapons. And with a very good netcentric approach there is a total new force to be reckon with. I do not understand the logic of a single engined stealth plane. You need a very big single engine or one can skip internal bays...
Interesting... considering F35 turned overweight its fairly debatable if stealth and single engine thingy can live together!

Interesting... considering F35 turned overweight its fairly debatable if stealth and single engine thingy can live together!

Not a sound example. F35 tries to be all things for all people. No wonder it turned out that way. For any well-designed product, there has to be a philosophy oriented towards a goal. If the goal is to please everyone, the design would be a miserable compromise.

I recall that @gambit opined that it is easier to design a stealth jet around a single engine when I wondered if a stealth design could be done well enough around a single engine frame.

You do know the price, don't you?
Also I believe it would be hard to manage an internal weapon bay with an effective payload in single engine jet. Its seems rather easy to put weapon bay between two engines which is bigger and can carry more payload. :undecided:

Not a sound example. F35 tries to be all things for all people. No wonder it turned out that way. For any well-designed product, there has to be a philosophy oriented towards a goal. If the goal is to please everyone, the design would be a miserable compromise.

I recall that @gambit opined that it is easier to design a stealth jet around a single engine when I wondered if a stealth design could be done well enough around a single engine frame.
The goal of F-35 was to create a single engine stealth fighter with VTOL. Every one will be pleased if they get a functional product with these specs but so far they are finding it quite hard.

A twin engine machine will be more costly to buy,operate and maintain,for
pakistan at least.

I bet single engined now JSF is more expensive then anything PAF wanna buy...

If you can counter with quality you can reduce quantity and costs...

A twin engine machine will be more costly to buy,operate and maintain,for pakistan at least.

Pakistan operated twin engined machines for 50 years. Weren't that costly when compared to certain more sophisticated single engined machines.

Pakistan operated twin engined machines for 50 years. Weren't that costly when compared to certain more sophisticated single engined machines.

They all think a5 and f6 have one engine...

Twin engine is NOT an issue with PAF..

the Farmer was quite expensive to maintian and operate due to its inherit design as a 200 hour MTBF only desposable fighter, Soviets retired the mig-19s very early due to this very reason. Even an A-5 Fantan was expensive but it had some improvements over farmer. Fanboys need to learn a thing or two but ALAS !!

Even Mirages are costly to maintain specially due to their age. For PAF every aircraft is costly to maintain due to the limited budget incase of both PAF/PN, a reality everything has to be done with-in limited resources.

Everyone cries over RD93... Yet is is a superb simple and robust engine. Dirty fuel? No problem. No high quality maintenance facilities? No problem. Try that with GE, P&W... The problem is that most posters do not have the sources and time to read all the valuable data...

Hi,

Please please----stop giving such bad examples. Those twin engine aircraft could not fly out of their own way. The single engine F16 carries more load than those twins----.

Each engine had such poor out put that in order for the aircraft to take off with chicken sh-it load---they had to pu t two engines.

Pakistanis have a pet answer---oh yeah we flew twin engine plane----oh yes sir----my car has a 4 cylinder engine as well---and what car do you have----OH it is a YUGO----.

So----let me make it clear for those---who are a little IMPAIRED in understanding----. When I say twin engine---I am talking the likes of F18's SU30's J11's rafale---these aircraft can carry a massive load---and fly a long distance as well.

What was the Q5 fantan---could carry only 1000kg weapons load with a center fuel tank----and has short legs----c'mmon Oscar---you should know better.

Back
Top Bottom