What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
Fresh out of MRF.

6286985.jpg

What these white patches are? Surgery?
If it is out fresh from Kamra, then my guess is that these panels may have been made "removable" for easy access to the wiring, sensors or equipment installed behind these panels, (Need high pixel snapshot to reconfirm.)

Some sort of factory upgradation must have been carried out.

Cant be. You can see its not been repainted. Paints faded in front of the engine intake and below the aircraft you can see oil stains. Still a nice picture

What you need to be wary about is the severe debt trap it is coming with
Not necessarily as most of the investment in direct value addition prpjects such as hydro power plants, coal power plants, railway upgradation.

All of this will result in savings in terms of fuel imports and decrease in cost of production making us competitive.

Unlike history where loans were taken by governmeng for budgetory support CPEC loans and funds are revenue generating project basis therefore they will likely to give much more benefits then the loans obtained in last few decades

A website mentions date of 2017 for this pic.

Anyways, Haiders are the Squadron in karachi for Naval role. 79 would mean the manufacturing year ? These PA2 and PA3 were newly built, Considering its a 40 year old machine, a job well done.

The F-16 MLU were made in early 80s. Thankyou LM.

M3/5 would have been out of the equation by now had JF-17 become a thoroughly quintessential aircraft of choice for all strike roles in PAF that M5 undertakes.
Agreed; if the extended landing gear for jf-17b/b3 are to be considered - they do open up a lot. Overall, it is time to put these beauties to rest. On another topic - i really wonder why Sri-lanka went over to IAI for refurbishing their Kfirs; PAC could have done that work unless their turnaround time is longer due to work comitted already.

M3/5 would have been out of the equation by now had JF-17 become a thoroughly quintessential aircraft of choice for all strike roles in PAF that M5 undertakes.
Jf17 project has been the victim of budgetary restraints and variability of plans.
On one side PAF wants Jf17 to replace point air defense fighters like F7P/PG, on other side it wants Jf17 to replace dedicated strike aircrafts like Mirages.
Hence the compromises. I see Mirages dragging as far as 2028 if no solution is made available.

In the light of the revelation of a J10 model and the possibility of induction of J10 how will it effect the mirage fleet. Will we still retain a couple of squadron for lamd strike role? Somehow I dont see the mirages going till 2025.
A
The Mirages are certainly not going anywhere any time soon.
Apart from proving their capability during swift retort, currently they are the only fast jets to deliver both the Exocet and ALCMs.

Back
Top Bottom