What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
just listen the latest program of Public news on JF-17, some Blk-III air frame are under production same was reported earlier as well in a Interview of I think Chief Designer ....

If first BLK 3 airframe is under production then we are WAY OFF from induction, because first one or two prototypes are built and then years of testing etc take place to find any fault or deficiencies and then the process is repeated until the jet is upto to the desired level. Only then serial production starts and jet is inducted for operational service.

If first BLK 3 airframe is under production then we are WAY OFF from induction, because first one or two prototypes are built and then years of testing etc take place to find any fault or deficiencies and then the process is repeated until the jet is upto to the desired level. Only then serial production starts and jet is inducted for operational service.
changes are related to avionic not to the air frame ....

just compare the specifications of Mirage and JF-17 payload and endurance, you will have your answer

BTW JF-17 in anti-shipping role have more range than Mirage
Dont you think 2 Squadrons of some heavies would be a welcome addition for maritime role and to counter Indian CBG's?

Per the articles, MRF calendar is booked with Mirage overhauls for the next 10 years. That means those jets coming off the overhaul 10 years from now will probably serve ten additional years from that point on =)

Did you know?

D8mQ7EpXsAEnfS1.jpg:large

Per the articles, MRF calendar is booked with Mirage overhauls for the next 10 years. That means those jets coming off the overhaul 10 years from now will probably serve ten additional years from that point on =)
I might be wrong but isnt overhaul for mirages due after 800 hours i.e around 7-8yrs service?

I might be wrong but isnt overhaul for mirages due after 800 hours i.e around 7-8yrs service?
The first two Mirage overhauls (GV1 and GV2) were done at 1800 and 2000 hours, which is around 11-14 years of flying.In mid-2000s, PAF had project the retirement of Mirages around 2015 and just carried out a mini overhaul (ground visit) instead of a full GV-3. That would let the aircraft fly for 6-7 years or around 900 hours. Then they found spares in Libya and decided to do a second mini-GV for another 900 hours which might still be going on. Mini-GV helps move planes faster back into flying service too so they are not out of commission for as long. Also looks like the capacity is just 10 aircraft at a time at MRF.
I am assuming that the current mini-GV 2 that the fleet just went through, or might still be going through will extend service into the 2025 range. Now if there are additional source of parts acquired from Egypt, it might get a mini-GV 3 as well and we are looking at retaining some Mirages through early 2030s.

Mirage fuselage has 8000 hours life and wings about 2200 plus so it can go on till ...

Wings are refurbished after 2200 hours ur all ribs /spars are inspected and cracked one replaced

Back
Top Bottom