What's new

Can India lead Asia?

India has way too many people. Way too many. We are facing a future where we are going to out of water. Also too many people and poor economy(it is) results in massive poverty. When 40% of Indians are officially poor, how exactly we can "support" more people?

India can never lead Asia,not in the foreseen future,and it applies to each and every nation in Asia,be it the current economic powerhouse China or the emerging one like Indonesia.

The reason is because Asia is not like Europe or America,its a very complex continent with a lot a contradictory culture and rising superpowers.

Have a look at China,the second biggest economy in the world,and on current level how many nation's in Asia perceive China as their leader other than some disgruntled neighbors of India.

How many nation's use to support Japan during their impressive period in the 30's and 40's.

The reality is that the nation that controls Asia and will continue to control it in the foreseen future is US,it had almost 90 % of Asian nation's backing it whatever the mutual relation's of those countries have,manipulating a lot of alliances and blocks at will and turning them against each other at their will.

If their are nation's not willing to see India as their leader,the same holds for each and every country for Asia,no one is exception.

Yes Cultural I can see that, Ideological who follows India ideology ? During the Cold war the Communist Nations Looked up the the USSR as leader others looked at the USA as leader, who looks up to India ? Bangladesh ? fair enough.

You pissed off half the Bangladeshis here now. We're talking about being the France of Asia even if we don't get to be the USA which we don't want. Talking about culture, the entire Southeast is influenced by Indian culture and faith branches if you didn't know that.

You pissed off half the Bangladeshis here now. We're talking about being the France of Asia even if we don't get to be the USA which we don't want. Talking about culture, the entire Southeast is influenced by Indian culture and faith branches if you didn't know that.
This sounds about right, though I'd rather India be the Germany of Asia, taking the mantle off of Japanese hands. To be so technologically advanced, self-sufficient, and represented well by your overseas companies, e.g.: BMW, Audi, etc...
And on topic, no India can't, won't, nor does it really want to rule Asia. Only ones who would be foolish enough to think so are those anti-India individuals who somehow prove to themselves their own existence by building dreams of India and her "hegemonic ambitions".

This sounds about right, though I'd rather India be the Germany of Asia, taking the mantle off of Japanese hands. To be so technologically advanced, self-sufficient, and represented well by your overseas companies, e.g.: BMW, Audi, etc...

Germany & Japan eventhough advanced nations are not independent when it comes to making policies of international nature. France on the other hand is fiercely independent and sees the world in their own prism . France also has world class companies like Dassault, Total. Renault etc.

Germany & Japan eventhough advanced nations are not independent when it comes to making policies of international nature. France on the other hand is fiercely independent and sees the world in their own prism . France also has world class companies like Dassault, Total. Renault etc.
Well, I was talking from a strictly technological standpoint there. But yeah, I get what you mean.
And mistake me if I'm wrong, but aren't those more militarily-geared companies? I really don't know, so that's why I'm asking..:p lol

Well, I was talking from a strictly technological standpoint there. But yeah, I get what you mean.
And mistake me if I'm wrong, but aren't those more militarily-geared companies? I really don't know, so that's why I'm asking..:p lol

Dassault is more on the military side but Total is an oil company and automobile companies like Renault & Citroen makes vehicles for both military & civilian use. Not to mention majority of luxury brand companies call France their home and many of us have done their shopping in Carrefour. Here is a list of major French Companies:
List of companies of France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even though U.S. is a good candidate since China indeed has no interest leading Asia even though China has such ability to do so in the near future, U.S. has run out of money to do that.

It becomes more and more humiliating for U.S. these days, much more like the late day of the British Empire.

When China had the strongest fleet in the word during the 15th century, China was not interested in projecting herself beyond east Asia. I do not think there is much difference today either.

India can never lead Asia,not in the foreseen future,and it applies to each and every nation in Asia,be it the current economic powerhouse China or the emerging one like Indonesia.

The reason is because Asia is not like Europe or America,its a very complex continent with a lot a contradictory culture and rising superpowers.

Have a look at China,the second biggest economy in the world,and on current level how many nation's in Asia perceive China as their leader other than some disgruntled neighbors of India.

How many nation's use to support Japan during their impressive period in the 30's and 40's.

The reality is that the nation that controls Asia and will continue to control it in the foreseen future is US,it had almost 90 % of Asian nation's backing it whatever the mutual relation's of those countries have,manipulating a lot of alliances and blocks at will and turning them against each other at their will.

If their are nation's not willing to see India as their leader,the same holds for each and every country for Asia,no one is exception.

Practically, No one can lead Asia. because There are so much of conflicts, competition, hatred against each other. Big Continent, Huge Differences from Culture to tradition. Nothing like Unity. Asia is not Europe.

As far as India. Well, India can't lead Asia. We neither have capability nor Intention. Good Luck to China. Is she Wish :tup:

Practically, No one can lead Asia. because There are so much of conflicts, competition, hatred against each other. Big Continent, Huge Differences from Culture to tradition. Nothing like Unity. Asia is not Europe.

As far as India. Well, India can't lead Asia. We neither have capability nor Intention. Good Luck to China. Is she Wish :tup:

As our wise former PM (and the best) Mr. Vajpayee said coolly, "India would be content with being the France of Asia rather than the USA of Asia".

This is one of his smartest quotes in clarifying our ambition. France is self-sufficient, highly developed, technological, independent, has strong economy and all this WITHOUT having the need to become a global policeman that China is so eager to become. If that is the case, China is most most welcome to become the USA of Asia and become a Global Police. We prefer an independent self-progressing status.

Simply no. India needs to resolve its borders with its neighbours peacefully first. India also needs to concentrate on being friendly with all neighbours rather than former colonial powers etc.

Simply no. India needs to resolve its borders with its neighbours peacefully first. India also needs to concentrate on being freindly with all neighbours rather than former colonial powers etc.

That means no can Lead Asia. As China also have many border disputes.

Anyway, We don't want to lead Asia and this is 90% Indians will say. Whoever want to lead. Most Welcome!!

Simply no. India needs to resolve its borders with its neighbours peacefully first. India also needs to concentrate on being freindly with all neighbours rather than former colonial powers etc.

We don't want to "lead" Asia and take up all its headache mate. We just want to ensure our territory is safe, our people move towards development and our tries with relevant countries of interest grow stronger. And that is happening. Border "issues" are of no concern to us.

Dassault is more on the military side but Total is an oil company and automobile companies like Renault & Citroen makes vehicles for both military & civilian use. Not to mention majority of luxury brand companies call France their home and many of us have done their shopping in Carrefour.

Okay, thank you for clarifying that for me. :partay:
But what I meant with the companies though was more to the general public. Like, here in the States EVERYONE and their mothers know about Audi and Beamers, and a lot of commercial Japanese and South Korean companies, as well. Honestly, not a lot of people here know much of Citroen and Renault...I meant respect on that level.
Though as far as the foreign policy thing is concerned, I agree. Though I'd rather India get a more refined version of her current FP as opposed to completely going France's way. A lot of people (at least foreigner's I've talked to here) still see France in America's camp...broadly.

Back
Top Bottom