What's new

Can India become a superpower?! CAN INDIA BECOME A SUPERPOWER?!!

I have to say, what you are doing is pretty boring. Now go piss off.

You don't actually have to say; others have to say it, because you are involved. And as far as others are concerned, unless you are deliberately ignoring everyone and everything written about you, they'd rather you did the pissing off.

It's like OBSESSIVE COMPLUSIVENESS DISORDER with the Chinese members and some pak trolls.

Weird, isn't it? Almost as if they've joined to promote a one-point agenda.

And, if you look carefully, these aren't Chinese or Pakistanis; these are American immigrants who need to put down others to justify their own having crawled onto the white man's porch. Naturally, there are exceptions.

You don't actually have to say; others have to say it, because you are involved. And as far as others are concerned, unless you are deliberately ignoring everyone and everything written about you, they'd rather you did the pissing off.

Weird, isn't it? Almost as if they've joined to promote a one-point agenda.

And, if you look carefully, these aren't Chinese or Pakistanis; these are American immigrants who need to put down others to justify their own having crawled onto the white man's porch. Naturally, there are exceptions.

It's become suddenly very rabid. I've seen threads where Chinese members post like 80% of the time. Something is going on here.

If you think I'm boring, then don't bother replying.

Very good point. How is India doing in terms of providing basic quality of life to most of its citizens?

We are not upto our expectation right now...But again, we are rapidly progressing each year with our effort. But it is a long road ahead for us..

Really? Last I checked, India's most advanced launch vehicle (GSLV) has a failure rate of 55.6%. You can't be in the commercial launch business, much less claim to be 'best-in-its-class', when more than half of your launches fail to deliver the payload.

I think this is your perception what you would like to see...But you did not see that there 44.4% of success in the vehicle launch rather than you would love to see 55.6% of failure...You know dear friend, that is the difference between the nation and personalities...I think you are right, we are not in the top league, but we are happy that we happy to acheive 44% success with our limited resources and our effort is to improve more each year....

We are not upto our expectation right now...But again, we are rapidly progressing each year with our effort. But it is a long road ahead for us..

I think this is your perception what you would like to see...But you did not see that there 44.4% of success in the vehicle launch rather than you would love to see 55.6% of failure...You know dear friend, that is the difference between the nation and personalities...I think you are right, we are not in the top league, but we are happy that we happy to acheive 44% success with our limited resources and our effort is to improve more each year....

You don't know anything about commercial satellite launch market. Why would any company choose GSLV when its expensive payload has 55% chance of being destroyed? Most commercial launch rockets from Europe, America, and China have success rate of well over 96%.

I have to say, what you are doing is pretty boring. Now go piss off.

Joe is the most level headed, intelligent Indian member in this forum. Please hold you fire.

@Joe Shearer It is the endless "superpower this and superpower that" delusion from India (politicians, media, members) provoke the urge from some members to ridicule India once in a while, me included but in a more subtle way. I feel many Indian members in this forum are either out of touch with the ground reality of poor end of Indian society, or outright ignorant. But again, it may be just due to the difference in cultural among different countries.

You don't know anything about commercial satellite launch market. Why would any company choose GSLV when its expensive payload has 55% chance of being destroyed? Most commercial launch rockets from Europe, America, and China have success rate of well over 96%.

Of course I do not know not i am proclaiming that i am an expert...I am just quoting your data to point some factual and perceptional things to you..NOw it is again upto you how do you like to see...India never mentioned that is a market leader...But we are better that so many other nations, who even does not have their dedicated space agency to launch GSLV with success rate of 44% as per your data...So i would like to see the glass which is half full with water..Now, if you would like to see half empty portion of a glass, it is your choice, but the the your choice is yours perception only..It is not entirely true to outside.

Of course I do not know not i am proclaiming that i am an expert...I am just quoting your data to point some factual and perceptional things to you..NOw it is again upto you how do you like to see...India never mentioned that is a market leader...But we are better that so many other nations, who even does not have their dedicated space agency to launch GSLV with success rate of 44% as per your data...So i would like to see the glass which is half full with water..Now, if you would like to see half empty portion of a glass, it is your choice, but the the your choice is yours perception only..It is not entirely true to outside.

Glass half full? Do you know how expensive a satellite is? They average over half a billion US dollars. Why would anyone want to use GSLV to launch these expensive satellites when it will likely be lost?

Joe is the most level headed, intelligent Indian member in this forum. Please hold you fire.

@Joe Shearer It is the endless "superpower this and superpower that" delusion from India (politicians, media, members) provoke the urge from some members to ridicule India once in a while, me included but in a more subtle way. I feel many Indian members in this forum are either out of touch with the ground reality of poor end of Indian society, or outright ignorant. But again, it may be just due to the difference in cultural among different countries.

Hold my fire? He started it.

@Dungeness I intervened in this rather boring thread ONLY because this character (quite obviously a false flagger, who is anything but an American) seems to have a bee in his bonnet. You are aware that I do not spare the shortcomings that show up within India, or the political idiocies that some of us display. But that apart, to watch someone fairly immature going on, and on, and on, and on....you get the picture.....was irritating in the extreme.

Regarding the Indian attitude to poverty, that is self-defensive denial. For people who are immersed in poverty, acknowledging it and allowing it to influence one's thought processes would be suicidal; it would lead to a total shut-down of interactions with the world.

Glass half full? Do you know how expensive a satellite is? They average over half a billion US dollars. Why would anyone want to use GSLV to launch these expensive satellites when it will likely be lost?

Hold my fire? He started it.

And I am quite capable of finishing it.

@Dungeness I intervened in this rather boring thread ONLY because this character (quite obviously a false flagger, who is anything but an American) seems to have a bee in his bonnet. You are aware that I do not spare the shortcomings that show up within India, or the political idiocies that some of us display. But that apart, to watch someone fairly immature going on, and on, and on, and on....you get the picture.....was irritating in the extreme.

Regarding the Indian attitude to poverty, that is self-defensive denial. For people who are immersed in poverty, acknowledging it and allowing it to influence one's thought processes would be suicidal; it would lead to a total shut-down of interactions with the world.

Indians' attitude to poverty, or as you call it, self-defensive denial, was to build up a superiority complex brimming with delusions of grandeur. Recall the heady proclamations that India will become a superpower by 2020 or Mumbai will surpass Shanghai by 2009. Indians can be so boring.

Is my understanding of this incorrect?

@Dungeness

Now, you must be an exceptional Indian, for finishing something isn't exactly your people's forte.

Indians' attitude to poverty, or as you call it, self-defensive denial, was to build up a superiority complex brimming with delusions of grandeur. Recall the heady proclamations that India will become a superpower by 2020 or Mumbai will surpass Shanghai by 2009. Indians can be so boring.

Is my understanding of this incorrect?

Now, you must be an exceptional Indian, for finishing something isn't exactly your people's forte.

I am an exceptional human being.

You may try for part of that - how about aspiring to be just a human being, for instance?

You may try for part of that - how about aspiring to be just a human being, for instance?

Now I have some problem this this statement too. Just because he is "boring", it doesn't make him any less a human being.

If Indian fanboys are putting up videos of Super Power this and Super Power that, it is of their own volition and an extremely healthy thing. Shows there a lot of people commited to making their country great, which is always a good thing. While you talk about Indian members, maybe you should look at your own members- as if their claims to super power this and that have not been infinitely louder.

Last edited:

You are an exceptional human being? How cute. What did we say about Indian delusions of grandeur? Those who worship cows are beneath cows. Try becoming a human being first, then worry about becoming exceptional.

You are an exceptional human being? How cute. What did we say about Indian delusions of grandeur? Those who worship cows are beneath cows. Try becoming a human being first, then worry about becoming exceptional.

Do you repeat everything that is said at you?

If Indian fanboys are putting up videos of Super Power this and Super Power that, it is of their own volition and an extremely healthy thing. Shows there a lot of people commited to making their country great, which is always a good thing. While you talk about Indian members, maybe you should look at your own members- as if their claims to super power this and that have been infinitely louder.

Not just Indian fan boys here though...

India to become superpower by 2012: Kalam - timesofindia-economictimes

I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

Back
Top Bottom