What's new

Calculus created in India 250 years before Newton: study

The word hubris has an equivalent,it is called Thaat.

I needed to get to the bottom of this, and no, you're way off the mark. Thaath translates in English as pomp, grandeur, ostentation.

While there are Indian words for arrogance, ego and pride, there isn't one (even in your beloved Sanskrit) that exactly matches hubris. Explains why you can't swallow this little fact that Indian contribution to Mathematics may be good, but not that greatly impressive.

BTW, I'm sure there is no Indian idiom equivalent to "eating the humble pie" either.

GOI should consider the fact that most of the Western thought and scientific advancements have roots in Indian science and philosophy, we need some books and study regarding this. Britishers are the main reason of suppression of this fact.

:rofl: you Indians only know to day dream.

Since, Indians like to boast about their grandiose space exploration projects:

Q: What happened to that Indian man who was the first Indian to land on the Moon?

A: Unfortunately he died there as the Indian space research organization working on a tight budget, decided it was too expensive to bring him back.

I needed to get to the bottom of this, and no, you're way off the mark. Thaath translates in English as pomp, grandeur, ostentation.

While there are Indian words for arrogance, ego and pride, there isn't one (even in your beloved Sanskrit) that exactly matches hubris. Explains why you can't swallow this little fact that Indian contribution to Mathematics may be good, but not that greatly impressive.

BTW, I'm sure there is no Indian idiom equivalent to "eating the humble pie" either.

People with humility and a healthy ego dont need to eat a humble pie and sanskrit has enough words for everything,you find out yourself.

:rofl: you Indians only know to day dream.

Go ask your folks in the USA what they think of their Indian counterparts.

GOI should consider the fact that most of the Western thought and scientific advancements have roots in Indian science and philosophy, we need some books and study regarding this. Britishers are the main reason of suppression of this fact.

The Ancient Greeks, Romans and before that, the Sumerians, Assyrians, Egyptians, Babylonians, Hittites and other great ancient civilizations did a lot more to advance Western science and technology than any Hindus possibly could. Greeks invented logic, the very word is of Greek origin.

You need to read real history, won't fly too far if you keep parroting the hindutva propaganda in CBSE textbooks.

Anyone who works hard their whole lives to earn a good score can make it to an Ivy League school and even graduate there. That doesn't exactly translate to an original thinker, researcher or visionary. You Indians smack of unbridled arrogance, I know enough of you people to....don't expect me to drink that Kool Aid formulated by Indian propaganda machinery.

Even if I were a border-jumper (which I'm not by the way), I'm proud to be a true blue American. Again I do more for the mother country (India) than most of you arrogant brats ever can. I work for the benefit of the underprivileged, dalits, untouchables and marginalized sections of Indian society. You high caste, over-pampered section of Indians can jump from a Bollywood train for all I care.

Oh really,you have no diea what people here do and what mother country,you are just another greedy snob.

It shows in your talk and i don't care what you believe,trust or don't,i am least bothered by that.

Again,why dont you tell us what you do for those people,especially the untouchables?

The one who get reservation in almost everything.

Trust an Indian with their obsession for money. Your hubris doesn't surprise me, boy, that's why you lot are so dis-likable no matter where you go. I'm not gonna waste another word of mine on a serpent-breath like you. You Indians are the most uncivilized debaters on any Internet forum, and even in real life. You just can't see the mirror.

Stop being a sensitive boy dude,survival is life and death in India.

This is not your school boy debate show.

Maidan mein aake,make up ki baat na karo.

Sanskrit has enough words for everything,you find out yourself.

LOL...typical Indian response when challenged. Since I was the one to set you up, the burden is not on me but for you to find out the correct word for hubris, or a very close match. Otherwise back off.

I'm waiting for an answer, do a couple of google searches or ask your Ivy league educated grandmother in India? H U B R I S

Development of infinite series

Greek mathematician Archimedes produced the first known summation of an infinite series with a method that is still used in the area of calculus today. He used the method of exhaustion to calculate the area under the arc of a parabola with the summation of an infinite series, and gave a remarkably accurate approximation of π.[2][3] In the 17th century, James Gregory worked in the newdecimal system on infinite series and published several Maclaurin series. In 1715, a general method for constructing the Taylor series for all functions for which they exist was provided byBrook Taylor. Leonhard Euler in the 18th century, developed the theory of hypergeometric series and q-series.. Source: Wikipedia

So it goes back to the ancient Greeks.

The Ancient Greeks, Romans and before that, the Sumerians, Assyrians, Egyptians, Babylonians, Hittites and other great ancient civilizations did a lot more to advance Western science and technology than any Hindus possibly could. Greeks invented logic, the very word is of Greek origin.

You need to read real history, won't fly too far if you keep parroting the hindutva propaganda in CBSE textbooks.

so where is Greece now,borrowing money they cant pay back?

I guess Greeks defied logic themselves.

Forget the Greeks and Romans, what did your brothers invent..?..Oh Sorry if I say I will get an infraction :omghaha::omghaha: They invented so much that today people like you have to hide their identity :omghaha::omghaha:

LOL...typical Indian response when challenged. Since I was the one to set you up, the burden is not on me but for you to find out the correct word for hubris, or a very close match. Otherwise back off.

I'm waiting for an answer, do a couple of google searches or ask your Ivy league educated grandmother in India? H U B R I S

Bakwaas naa kare miyaan,mujhe koi jawaab dene ka zaroorat nahi hain.

school ke bachon ke saat itne waqt guzaara,woh hi bahuth hain.

Development of infinite series

Greek mathematician Archimedes produced the first known summation of an infinite series with a method that is still used in the area of calculus today. He used the method of exhaustion to calculate the area under the arc of a parabola with the summation of an infinite series, and gave a remarkably accurate approximation of π.[2][3] In the 17th century, James Gregory worked in the newdecimal system on infinite series and published several Maclaurin series. In 1715, a general method for constructing the Taylor series for all functions for which they exist was provided byBrook Taylor. Leonhard Euler in the 18th century, developed the theory of hypergeometric series and q-series.. Source: Wikipedia

So it goes back to the ancient Greeks.

Funny thing is,all these great europeans went out to the world and forced the people over there to accept their stuff instead of the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom