What's new

Calculus created in India 250 years before Newton: study

No, I did NOT lay out any contradiction in here my friend. But the whole world accredits Newton on it.

Nothing against you or India personally, I'm just saying :P

Fair enough if something proves an older person having discovered,then it is not his.

So? It's kind of like those who say America was discovered before Columbus. True ....the "Indians" here knew about it, and it is proven Norse were the first Europeans here. What came of it? Nada. After Columbus, the Hemispheres interacted....and the west was integrated. Perhaps a neaderthal discovered Calculus. What of it? After Newton and Liebniz, calculus actually mattered.

It is not the same.

You claim that it was only after Newton that calculus actually mattered, but you are wrong.

Calculus was used by Indian Astrologers and Astronomers long before Newton came into the picture. It was used in Vasthushastra or the ancient Indian book on architecture. It was used by the Indian civilizations to build cities, make decision and plan wars.

It laid the foundation for the arabs to then to learn maths from the Indians and then from the Arabs to the Europeans.

It mattered to a very large and very ancient civilization, and that is what matters.

The silly debate here is not about Newton or the any person before him,but it is about many Indians who are more than happy to disrespect their ancestors and that too simply because these people are no good in anything except verbosity and trash talking.

Hubris would be Ahankar (अहंकार) in Hindi/Sanskrit.

Not close enough. Ahankar does mean arrogance or excessive pride. But hubris as a word is not the same as arrogance. Hubris means the degree of pride or arrogance that makes you lose contact with reality, a common problem with hindutvadi Indians. While arrogant individuals may have factual strength to back their excessive pride, under the spell of hubris, a person's only aim is to shame the victim rather than defend his position with facts.

E.g. Shah Rukh Khan may say he's the best actor in Bollywood, that's an arrogant statement but you wouldn't challenge him because he has made successful movies and the best known face among Indian actors. However if someone like Ranbir Kapoor or Shahid Kapoor made a similar statement, that would qualify as hubris. It's about over-estimating one's capabilities and competence. Almost all Hindutvadi Indians are guilty of hubris, and yes, there is no Indian/Sanskrit word that closely matches the meaning of this Western thought.

In Ancient Greece, hubris was a punishable offense at par with lying, stealing and murder.

The silly debate here is not about Newton or the any person before him,but it is about many Indians who are more than happy to disrespect their ancestors and that too simply because these people are no good in anything except verbosity and trash talking.

That person is a muslim with a very poor self esteem and zero knowledge of his culture or heritage. He is grasping at american straws to form a sense of Identity and running away from his roots forms a large part of that identity.

It is classic case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder or NPD. This is usually defenses against a deep feeling of inferiority and of being unloved.

In short, you are arguing with a Nut. :cuckoo:

Not close enough. Ahankar does mean arrogance or excessive pride. But hubris as a word is not the same as arrogance. Hubris means the degree of pride or arrogance that makes you lose contact with reality, a common problem with hindutvadi Indians. While arrogant individuals may have factual strength to back their excessive pride, under the spell of hubris, a person's only aim is to shame the victim rather than defend his position with facts.

You don't need to tell me what Ahankaar means, its means excessive arrogance, and thats exactly what Hubris is. There are many Hindi/Sanskrit words which don't have an exact equivalent in other languages, so I don't know what the fck you are trying to prove here?

Hubris would be Ahankaar (अहंकार) in Hindi/Sanskrit.

Is there an English word for chu****? If there is one, it will describe you very aptly.

Madressa education seems to create many ahankaaris (typically creating useless people with no practical skills useful in the real word though).

Many Madressas teach that Newton was a Muslim (same as Einstein and all leading Scientists and probably ancient Greeks as well). That's why someone seems to be taking it so personally. ;)

These students also argued that some of the major scientists were all Muslims but their names were changed and hence we do not know them as Muslims anymore. They were convinced that Isaac Newton was a Muslim whose first name they pronounced as 'Ishaq' rather than Isaac. There were many other 'Muslim scientists' in their list whose names were changed by Jews and Christians. At least two students told me that it was their mission to prove that all major scientists were Muslims.

Apart from this conception that all major scientists were Muslims, the madrasa students shared the 'science as technology' understanding of the university students. Since God created earth and put human beings on it, he also gave hints so as to make their life comfortable. The objective of science therefore is to further such comfort. It has worked wonders by, among other things, reducing the time for Haj travel. It is therefore not surprising that most Islamic leaders today use the latest gadgets when they can afford it.

Modernising Madrasa Education | Arshad Alam

Now is it ahankaar, hubris or sheer stupidity! ;)

That's because you are a weird, socially awkward Chinese who spends 24/7 on Internet forums hating on India. Look how far that Chinese IQ has got you. :omghaha:

You forgot opium. He went there chasing that. ;)

Most of the scientists of west read the sanskrit texts after Britishers came to India and started dominating us. Reason why the roots of modern science are found in India ancient texts.

You don't need to tell me what Ahankaar means, its means excessive arrogance, and thats exactly what Hubris is. There are many Hindi/Sanskrit words which don't have an exact equivalent in other languages, so I don't know what the fck you are trying to prove here?

It's real funny, none of you Indians could understand such a simple word meaning, hubris and its distinction from arrogance. Well that explains why you're so full of it.....

The word hubris is not part of your culture. I discovered this fact 17 years ago and have never been proven wrong.

Trust an Indian with their obsession for money. Your hubris doesn't surprise me, boy, that's why you lot are so dis-likable no matter where you go. I'm not gonna waste another word of mine on a serpent-breath like you. You Indians are the most uncivilized debaters on any Internet forum, and even in real life. You just can't see the mirror.
well now i can see u are a fake indian.:angry:

Prof Calculus was invented by Herge (Writer of Tintin Comics)!!

It's real funny, none of you Indians could understand such a simple word meaning, hubris and its distinction from arrogance. Well that explains why you're so full of it.....

The word hubris is not part of your culture. I discovered this fact 17 years ago and have never been proven wrong.
Aren't you Indian? It's a bit ironic you referring to them as "you Indians", you must have been bullied as child because of your race making you reject that part of your life and try too fit in as a American. It is hard but I know with the right amount of help you can get past this.

Back
Top Bottom