What's new

Calculus created in India 250 years before Newton: study

you think your words get any relevance here.

I have family who went to Ivy league and they are all proud Indians.

Perhaps parasite boarder jumpers like you who got free food from the USA have low self esteem.

And we are more than happy to say good riddance to low life scum like you.

The word hubris has an equivalent,it is called Thaat.

Again,you need self esteem to even learn to say that word.

why are you doing that,sir?

Either you make money out of it or you are lying off your pompous ***/gob and perhaps there ain't no difference between the two.

Anyone who works hard their whole lives to earn a good score can make it to an Ivy League school and even graduate there. That doesn't exactly translate to an original thinker, researcher or visionary. You Indians smack of unbridled arrogance, I know enough of you people to....don't expect me to drink that Kool Aid formulated by Indian propaganda machinery.

Even if I were a border-jumper (which I'm not by the way), I'm proud to be a true blue American. Again I do more for the mother country (India) than most of you arrogant brats ever can. I work for the benefit of the underprivileged, dalits, untouchables and marginalized sections of Indian society. You high caste, over-pampered section of Indians can jump from a Bollywood train for all I care.

@WebMaster @Oscar @Aeronaut @nuclearpak

few infractions are necessary here..trolls are destroying another good thread..

topic...

Its well known about India's achievement in various science fields..actually Claim of invention of Calculus is dubious,by both Newton and Leibniz...cause Ancient Greek philosophers,Various European medieval philosophers, Isaac Barrow, René Descartes, Pierre de Fermat, Blaise Pascal, John Wallis,Michel Rolle and alikes--everybody contributed some parts of it..actually it was Issac Burrow who proved fundamental theorem of calculus..also,Islamist Scholars as well as Indian scholars also played a part of it..so,this is simply foolishness of giving credit to Newton as well as Leibniz..
@Juice

don't talk rubbish..those formulas was in use for centuries before the term "calculus" came.also,even after newton's work,several important theory was invented in that topic..you sure hear about Gauss,Rolle,Lagrange as well as Laplace and others,right??
@AfsarHamesha

hey noob,CBS News isn't any Indian media,but its an American media..where the fuuuck you got the idea of "Indian Propaganda" here???
@WebMaster @Oscar @Aeronaut @nuclearpak

will you take care of this troll please???

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong headline. The idea of limit, differentiation and integration are basic elements of calculus. Sum of infinite series is indeed a key part of integration and hence calculus, but so is algebra. Going by the logic of the reporter the creators of algebra must also be called the creators of calculus. No one should grudge the Indian Mathematicians their credit. But saying they created calculus is an overstatement and very much third worldish.

why are you doing that,sir?

Either you make money out of it or you are lying off your pompous ***/gob and perhaps there ain't no difference between the two.

Trust an Indian with their obsession for money. Your hubris doesn't surprise me, boy, that's why you lot are so dis-likable no matter where you go. I'm not gonna waste another word of mine on a serpent-breath like you. You Indians are the most uncivilized debaters on any Internet forum, and even in real life. You just can't see the mirror.

Nice to know that there is a kerala school of astronomy and mathematics .

What I find amusing is that a lot of pakistanis and chinese are getting their a$$es burned over this news ..... :lol:

What I find amusing is that a lot of pakistanis and chinese are getting their a$$es burned over this news ..... :lol:

Bro let them burn all they know is how to belittle other people's achievement having achieved a big zero themselves, speaks ample about their culture and mentality

So? It's kind of like those who say America was discovered before Columbus. True ....the "Indians" here knew about it, and it is proven Norse were the first Europeans here. What came of it? Nada. After Columbus, the Hemispheres interacted....and the west was integrated. Perhaps a neaderthal discovered Calculus. What of it? After Newton and Liebniz, calculus actually mattered.

Yes, Columbus discovered it only for Europeans. So it is a very pathetic and Euro centric view to say that Columbus discovered America.

Discovery is not necessarily the same as "mattering". Let's give credit where it is due.

There may still be a lot of ancient knowledge that is lost or lying dormant. It may not "matter" now but it doesn't mean those people should not get the due recognition if the knowledge is ever discovered or rediscovered.

India didn't create jack. Even the symbol for zero was created by Arabs, not by these low IQ Indians.

Did you get that while being scraped off for being second in line?

Alot of pakistanis LOL. So far only 1 showed a negative view. Don't flatter yourself too much.

Back
Top Bottom