What's new

But what if Imran Khan has it all wrong?

do you think there diesel IMRANA ZARDARA TAFA NAZU deserve our vote? its my insult i go stand in line for select one of them , i have brain man .
My cousin they wanted PTI to win but they say they will win anyway so they went murree on election day lol

No one likes voting in general

We need to handle the comments section on our FB page. lots of morons out there.

How does one do that?

When it comes to TTP - Mr Khan is a moron.

Why couldn't he learn anything from the past deals with TTP or the APS attack? I mean, there's no incentive left anymore to support peace talks with them. Why continue the same rhetoric?

cr.jpg

Imran welcomes dialogue with Taliban
By Fawad Ali
Published: July 22, 2015
924489-ImranKhanINP-1437573762-202-640x480.jpg

PTI chairman Imran Khan along with party leaders prays for APS victims on July 22, 2015. PHOTO: INP

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Wednesday welcomed dialogue between Afghan Taliban and the government in Kabul saying such issues could only be resolved on the table.

“We were called supporters of Taliban when we demanded to resolve the issue on table. Today, I am happy our stance is acknowledged and dialogue process has resumed,” said Imran, while speaking to the media after meeting members of Army Public School (APS) Shuhada Forum.

“US diplomat Richard Holbrooke was also a supporter of resolving the Taliban issue through talks,” he added.

Further, according to Express News, the PTI chairman said all demands of families of the Peshawar attack victims will be met.

“Being a father myself, I can understand your pain,” said Imran.

He also announced the formation of a committee under the chairmanship of K-P Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser for the resolution of issues of families of the December 16 Peshawar attack victims.

Regarding the devastation caused by floods, Imran promised all out efforts for restoration of flood affected people of Chitral.

Looks like the Dude was misquoted, he meant the talks with Afghan Taliban.

I for one also back talks with the moderate factions of TTP, the ones who want to lay down their arms and were not involved in heinous crimes. But the likes of Fazlullah and Khorasani, Inshallah we will mount their heads outside APS.

For a moment I accept the argument that DAWN is misquoting his statement, but what exactly his stand been, talk to TTP, his comments on Afghan Talibans had always been that they are resisting an occupation force. He neither have any sway nor any idea over Afghan Talibans, he had been always stating we need to talk to TTP. So I am sorry here he actually meant TTP, not Afghan Talibs.

I am pretty sure, he is a moron over all when it comes to being a leader.

Not that i support IK or something. Misinterpreting and misguiding people is never useful.
Note: he is praising Murree talks and is making statements that we too can talk with Afghan Taliban. No TTP mention in the OP. Army is leading the talks with Afghan Taliban, even though i don't think they will yield much results. Nonetheless, we must back them while they are trying. This is what IK is trying to say i guess.
I know his stance on TTP is messed up and etc, etc. Misinterpreting and misleading is never helpful.

Poor title. No mention of TTP in this article. Again i couldn't care less about PTI.

@Jazzbot ..

LOL, sorry yaar you are his supporter, just accept kar lay bhai.

actually he never mentioned taliban or ttp. he only mentioned that that our stance has been vindicated as pakistan hosted talks between taliban and afghan govt.

I jst watched the presser, this is just wwwdawn.com manipulating words.

easy tiger, dont get confused.

Yes he was talking about talks between cows and goats.

How can you talk with someone face to face who has killed your children. TTP are animals and should be treated like animals.

They deserve whatever is coming their way.

The Afghan government negotiates with the Afghan Talibans that have also killed thousands of people in Afghanistan. If Imran Khan suggests to negotiate with the Pakistan Talibans to end their militancy in Pakistan then what is the problem ? Why do many people on PDF consider that Pakistan Talibans are bad but the Afghan Talibans are good ? Both are equally bad !

Good thing same logic was not used by Srilankan Government, otherwise LTTE would have been around.There is no comparison between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Its is ISI and Pakistan Army that provided, training and funding to Talibans. Now Talibans have turned around and trained other organization. The source were the intelligence agencies and they later turned on their master.

Of course, it was all Pakistan's fault. No role was played by any other country, the evil ISI biggest threat to world peace.

Better than spitting $hit in public gatherings against the Men in uniform and then begging for forgiveness,both while in the drunkard state..

Under the influence, of either drugs or alcohol, not much difference eh? Well, not unless you are a fanboy who is in love with Khan Sb.

TURD should send his sons for "negotiations".. Hope they come back in body bags... And than he is asked about his views on negotiations with mass murdering SCUM...

This SOB has a beard in his stomach.

Of course, it was all Pakistan's fault. No role was played by any other country, the evil ISI biggest threat to world peace.

The problem is that ISI has still not given up on Talibans while the game was over on 9/11 nearly 15 years ago !

Looks like the Dude was misquoted, he meant the talks with Afghan Taliban.

I for one also back talks with the moderate factions of TTP, the ones who want to lay down their arms and were not involved in heinous crimes. But the likes of Fazlullah and Khorasani, Inshallah we will mount their heads outside APS.
Moderate taliban ? Lmao... What's "moderate" about taliban? You aren't dealing with Cold War mujahideen like Rabbani etx.... These guys are scum .. Which need dying!

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has again reiterated his stance that negotiations with the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) should be initiated.

“If America can negotiate with the Afghan Taliban, Pakistan and Afghanistan should also negotiate with them (Taliban),” said Imran while speaking to the media after meeting members of Army Public School (APS) Shuhada Forum.

Imran announced the observance of a minute of silence on December 16 to honour the victims of APS Peshawar. He also announced the formation of a committee to negotiate on behalf of APS Shuhada Forum with the federal government.

The committee would take up demands of the forum and will request the government to make December 16 a national holiday in honour of APS victims. It would also request the federal government to bestow Nishan-e-Haider on those who were killed in the attack.

Imran also highlighted the dangers faced by Muslim countries from groups such as the Daesh or the self-styled Islamic State (IS).

Imran Khan had said early last year that Taliban did not want to enforce Shariah in the country at gunpoint but wanted to liberate it from a US led war.

Imran Khan still backs talks with TTP - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
this was highly misreported by Dawn News, his words are reported out of context....here is the further story:

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Wednesday welcomed dialogue between Afghan Taliban and the government in Kabul saying such issues could only be resolved on the table.

“We were called supporters of Taliban when we demanded to resolve the issue on table. Today, I am happy our stance is acknowledged and dialogue process has resumed,” said Imran, while speaking to the media after meeting members of Army Public School (APS) Shuhada Forum.

“US diplomat Richard Holbrooke was also a supporter of resolving the Taliban issue through talks,” he added.

Further, according to Express News, the PTI chairman said all demands of families of the Peshawar attack victims will be met.

Read: PTI chief meets heatwave victims at Karachi’s Jinnah Hospital

“Being a father myself, I can understand your pain,” said Imran.

He also announced the formation of a committee under the chairmanship of K-P Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser for the resolution of issues of families of the December 16 Peshawar attack victims.

Regarding the devastation caused by floods, Imran promised all out efforts for restoration of flood affected people of Chitral.
Imran welcomes dialogue with Taliban - The Express Tribune

@Jango please edit the OP

Its not a zero sum game. A military operation does not mean you can't negotiate. Imran is right; we have to negotiate for lasting peace. You cannot crush a rebellion by force alone. Our neighbours to the east have tried that with Kashmir for about 7 decades, and it has not worked. Before you say that the Kashmiris are only demanding justice, remember that in their warped minds, the TTP and their followers are also waging a just war.

I agree that negotiations are not the be all and end all. But it has to be a part of the solution. Some groups are willing to negotiate while others are not. If we have a coherent strategy, we will negotiate with some and deal with the others by force. That way, the enemy is divided and weakened. Its the oldest trick in the book. That is what Mr. Khan has been saying all along. His argument is that we cannot and must not alienate all of them. The blind followers of the TTP are just regular folks who are unsophisticated, manipulated and/or disillusioned. We have to get them on our side. And that can only be done through a combination of negotiations and force.

One thing for which I must give credit to Imran Khan is that he has taken a position and he is consistent. Which is more than one can say about most other leaders. Has Nawaz or Zardari even articulated their positions?

Back
Top Bottom