What's new

Bus carrying engineers reportedly exploded on Wednesday.

It has been several hours and still conflicting reports are pouring in...
View attachment 762124
Farzana shah says it was an accident. She is a credible source

Doesn’t look like a terror attack or their would’ve been signs of heavy fire damage. Those cylinder tanks on vehicles are always crazy dangerous and regulations need to be in place to remove them.

Geo News has just quoted Pakistan Foreign Office that the incident was an unfortunate accident.

Another sad news
I think foreigners were chines engineers, now china will not going to sit idle
I am waiting to see how many groups accept responsibility

was it thr response to

ABSOLUTELY NOT?

let's wait and see.

the terror incidents will spike as the chaos in Afghanistan increases after American withdrawal.

I am waiting to see how many groups accept responsibility

was it thr response to

ABSOLUTELY NOT?

let's wait and see.

the terror incidents will spike as the chaos in Afghanistan increases after American withdrawal.

Remember these groups will try and claim anything to be stay relevant, even in a normal accident situation etc.

Doesn’t look like a terror attack or their would’ve been signs of heavy fire damage. Those cylinder tanks on vehicles are always crazy dangerous and regulations need to be in place to remove them.
I have my doubts on official version.

the vehicles carrying such foreigners are kept in good condition and don't have such lax saftey protocols.
Remember these groups will try and claim anything to be stay relevant, even in a normal accident situation etc.
Chinese have termed it an attack.

the vehicles carrying such foreigners are kept in good condition and don't have such lax saftey protocols.

Possible bhai, we’ll know for sure next few days. I pray it’s not what we think.

Nah … humein sirf sachey leaders or nizam e adal chahiyey … koi hara nahi sakta (Insha Allah) …

Nah … humein sirf sachey leaders or nizam e adal chahiyey … koi hara nahi sakta (Insha Allah) …

aur 50 saal wait karain ya kachra saaf hojai phir he achay leader aye gey!

Alpha Mafia keh corrupt karinday is mulk keh dushman hain!

BBC Urdu reported as accident....

Yeah the preliminary report seems to say it was an accident.
From the article:

Kohistan Deputy Commissioner Arif Khan Yousafzai told the BBC that according to preliminary information, the bus had a road accident and it was not an explosion or a terrorist incident. He said more details would be provided after the investigation.

Apparently the A/C on the bus is said to be the culprit.

Doesn't looks like bomb damage from the picture, but still the bus could be sabotaged to look like an accident. A thorough investigation needs to be done as this incident just seem too coincidental with all the Chinese engineers on it. RIP to all the fallen ones......

BBC report:

At least 13 people, including nine Chinese nationals, have been killed in an explosion that sent a bus hurtling down a mountainside in Pakistan.
China says it was a deliberate bombing, but Pakistani officials are blaming a mechanical failure.
The bus was carrying more than 30 people to a hydropower plant site in the remote upper Kohistan region.
Two soldiers were among the dead and a number of others were injured. Rescuers airlifted the injured to hospital.
The Dasu hydropower project is part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) - a $65bn (£47bn) investment plan that includes a network of roads, railway and pipelines between the two countries.
Pakistan's Dawn newspaper reported that the bus had picked up workers and Chinese engineers from a camp in Barseen and was near the Dasu plant, in the north of the country, when it went off the road.
1626270304725.png

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian urged Pakistan to punish those responsible and protect the safety of Chinese citizens in the country.
"China has asked Pakistan to thoroughly investigate the truth as soon as possible, capture the perpetrators, punish them severely, and effectively protect the safety of Chinese personnel, institutions and projects in Pakistan," he said.
A number of media reports also pointed to an attack, with local officials quoted as saying they were unclear whether a device had been planted by the roadside or on the vehicle itself.
1626270631644.png

The bus plunged dozens of metres down a hillside on the upper Indus river

"Looks like sabotage," the top provincial police official, Moazzam Jah Ansari, said as he left by helicopter for the crash site, according to Reuters.
The news agency said at least three other officials had confirmed that the bus was hit by a blast.
An adviser to Pakistan's prime minister described it as a cowardly attack.

But Pakistan's Foreign Ministry said later the bus went off the road "after a mechanical failure resulting in leakage of gas that caused a blast".
China's huge investment projects are mistrusted by some in Pakistan who say locals don't see the benefits.
Chinese-funded projects have been attacked, most recently in April when the Pakistani Taliban claimed a suicide bombing at a luxury hotel in south-west Balochistan province. China's ambassador was in the hotel but unhurt.

Apparently the A/C on the bus is said to be the culprit.
In Many cases specially on motorways buses use to caught fires due to AC short circuit, but never heard any huge blast like this
One more possibility is that most of people died due to bus plunged many metres down a hillside

the pictures of the bus and the scene will help in narrowing down the posibilities
Indeed, Pakistani FO has said that it's still looking into the incident from all angles but until then some one should contain these Twitter happy posters desperate to prove themselves.

Back
Top Bottom