What's new

Burqa ban in Switzerland comes into force; Muslims face fines up to $10,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Man, Thou are holier than me.

Time to catch up some pakora with chai in good weather !!

Do read the blog post when you come back. A little bit of facts won't do any harm.

Good news. Switzerland implemented some nice new laws recently. The rise of right wing partis in europe definitly has excellent effects already.

A person that doesnt show her face is not existing and erases herself out of european society. To hide your face is a crime against european values.

Umph..let's imagine that tomorrow all muslim countries legislate that all resident non muslims should convert to Islam immediately.
So does 'their land their rules' apply here ?

What's stopping them? it's the bitter truth that they cannot materialise!

If all the Muslim countries start legislating to curb the religious freedom of non muslims therein,then that will be seen as oppression and extremism and what not.
There is not much non-Muslims in Muslim countries.

I am just exposing hypocrisy of supporters of secularism and rule of law on this thread. Most of these hypocrites happen to be Indians hence Modi bashing.

Yes your frustration validates Modi as the best pm India ever GOT. You should be worried if you think that your country can enforce or meddle in our internal affairs.

Yes your frustration validates Modi as the best pm India ever GOT. You should be worried if you think that you can enforce you or meddle in our internal affairs.

If he is the best you got then considering India is our enemy, I am extremely happy with that.

So this is what they call democracy and freedom??? hypocrist west
Chad Senegal,Egypt(contemplating) countries with over 90% Muslims have banned this bullshit, Cameroon,parts of China/Russia etc have already followed suit with more non western countries to soon follow. Go cry freedom, HYPOCRISY and democracy excuse elsewhere. :pop:

Can a Caucasian Christian wear a Bikini in Saudi? At least can they wear a skirt? At least can they wear a shirt and trouser without a head scarf?

Why should a Christian follow Muslim practices?

BECAUSE THEY ARE HOLIER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE.:partay:

If a Christian is asked to wear a headscarf in Saudi,then what religious freedom is being suppressed here ?
On the contrary if you force Muslims to strip off their head coverings or face coverings then u're forcing them to disobey what they consider to be obligatory in their religion.

You mean a Christian lady from the west can come to Saudi Arabia and dress the way she likes or put on bikinis like dress and walk freely? Since when? :lol:. Answer is NEVER
In another planet maybe.:D

Will you support all Muslim countries if they make obligatory on all non muslim residents to fast in Ramzan and pray five times a day and celebrate eid ?
Their land their rules..

Why not? Its their country afterall. If I live there as a non Muslim (or more like non religious)and i don't like the new laws there, then I will leave, period. Else I have to respect the rules of the land whether I like it or not.:)
Moreover, to be honest, non muslim minorties in the middle east/Muslim world don't enjoy even 1/100th of the same freedoms, openness,opportunities their Muslim counterparts get in the west. THAT'S A FACT.:)

Last edited:
Don't like it then move somewhere else.

Yes, and Saudia don't claim to be the champion of democracy and freedom , niether they have this so called democractic system .... but these western countries do.....

So just to be sure , Saudi is not Democratic so they can make any rules regarding their religion.

Can I know why Pakistan being democracy still calls itself Islamic republic.they also declare themselves as secular republic or is it only applicable to non Muslim majority country

here is my view:

When you visit somebody you show respect by athen dopting some reasonable practice they may have. Example, taking your shoes off while entering a house.

But if the requirement becomes unreasonable one has to object. In case of hijabs, the number of cases when hijab has been misused to smuggle weapons has been growing. The security profile of wearers of hijab has been steadily to degrading due to terrorist attacks.

Especially covering one's face is an absolute security risk in this day and age. We have to to be able to know and identify people.

It is hurtful and painful to the sentiments of non-violent Muslims but considering current situation, what alternatives exist, other than banning these?

Wouldn't these Muslim countries going against "Let there be no Compulsion in religion"? There has to be some religious/cultural basis for it. Try again lets see what else you can come up with.

Dont bother about that.Legislators in muslim countries have already passed a lot of unislamic laws.

Don't beat around the bush.
You know very well that this whole "their land,their rules" is a totally absurd concept and it looks rosy only as long as it doesn't affect your own community.

Dont bother about that.Legislators in muslim countries have already passed a lot of unislamic laws.

Don't beat around the bush.
You know very well that this whole "their land,their rules" is a totally absurd concept and it looks rosy only as long as it doesn't affect your own community.
Yes I would still say their land their rules.

Good start! They need to ban $audi funded radical theologians, and put an end to building new mosques.

anyone who is against Swiss for this should first stand up to the rights of Ahmedis for their ow way of worshipping and calling themselves whatever they want (muslims). but your "laws" ban them form calling themselves Muslims. so long as the "majority can vote out the minority" you guys are all fine "as long as it doesnt affect you".

welcome to the world of "every ones vote is counted equal".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom