What's new

Burqa ban in Switzerland comes into force; Muslims face fines up to $10,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job, was in Zurich just a day back. Amazing place, amazing people.

thats not true. And you know it. They come from their shitholes and first thing they do is to act like the shitholes they come from.

I dont accept this and wont tolerate this. Its not hatred. Its plain and simple realistic thinking.

There was never any positive from them towards our nations. Not now and not in the past. We are enemies since many hundred years. We know how they are.

This is italy. And it will stay that way. We wont allow those pacman ghosts to ruin our beautiful nation.

I dont care about facking italy and racist insecure Italian like yourself who consider all muslims as enemy and feel threatened just because of one extra piece of clothe. I was sharing my own opinion which is people should be free to wear whatever they like as long as they dont impose it on others. Those who force women to wear veil are as bad as those who forced her to take it off as in boht cases they deprive women to have this freedom of choice. My opinion about full veil is not any different than others as i think face should be visible but then i will not impose my views on others and they are free to disagree with me and to decide it for themselves

easy question, can i go with my girlfriend (we arent married) in pakistan in same clothes that we wear in italy?

It's not Saudi or Iran -you can can wear what you want there's no forced dress code in Pakistan but you need to be realistic and sensible dressing modestly is recommended for your own safety because wearing something too revealing like a bikini or mini skirt would be a social taboo so it's better to blend in than be a target of unwanted attention not because it's illegal or anything same as travel advice to lots of other countries including non-muslims ones like India . Your high profile Italian bro Robert De Niro has holidayed in Pakistan along with many other western visitors wearing western clothes who have had no problems as well as many Pakistani women themselves.

51.jpg

14.jpg

APP49-15Lahore.jpg

Might be being under Muslim occupation for centuries can be one major reason.

British also ruled India for 400 years but Indians get along with British very well.

Also, Indians get along very well with Afghanistan, Iran and Bangladesh too. So why is it only Pakistan which seem to have a problem? The reason is Pakistan has made India its target and a big villain for its survival.

On Topic. Those Muslim women who cannot compromise on their right of wearing Burqa should leave Switzerland. Very simple.

Stupid analogy. Saudia Arabia is a theological state while Switzerland dont claim to be a country running as per scripture of Christianity and has no official state religion. These western countries criticise saudia arabia for restricting personal freedom of people when they are exactly doing the same thing

My understanding is that Burqa is not mandated by Islam. Knowledgeable Islamic scholars may weigh in on this.

Burqa is localized cultural thing of the Bedouins. It may have been adopted to protect the skin from the bright/harsh sun in the desert or to protect the women from invading forces who may eye their women. Note that Bedouins were deeply involved with the slave trade.

Why do you think Swiss are banning Burqa due to their religious beliefs?

British also ruled India for 400 years but Indians get along with British very well.

Also, Indians get along very well with Afghanistan, Iran and Bangladesh too. So why is it only Pakistan which seem to have a problem? The reason is Pakistan has made India its target and a big villain for its survival.

My understanding is that Burqa is not mandated by Islam. Knowledgeable Islamic scholars may weigh in on this.

Burqa is localized cultural thing of the Bedouins. It may have been adopted to protect the skin from the bright/harsh sun in the desert or to protect the women from invading forces who may eye their women. Note that Bedouins were deeply involved with the slave trade.

British are devious people but did not rule India anywhere near 400 years- East India company came there in 1600s but Mughals were still ruling.The British really started took over and started becoming main rulers in mid/late 1700s and by mid 1800s had pretty much full control of entire Indian sub-continent and then we both got Independence in 47 so it was not even 200 years.
Pakistan-India conflict is purely territorial if Kashmir issue is resolved 99% of the tension will be solved but I don't really blame either party. This was purposely done by the Brits- dividing countries and keeping disputes unresolved was their leaving gift to us and to many other victims of their empire. Keeping us both in constant hostility as a reminder of their divide and conquer policy and their legacy of colonialism.

British are devious people but did not rule India anywhere near 400 years- East India company came there in 1600s but Mughals were still ruling.The British really started took over and started becoming main rulers in mid/late 1700s and by mid 1800s had pretty much full control of entire Indian sub-continent and then we both got Independence in 47 so it was not even 200 years.
Pakistan-India conflict is purely territorial if Kashmir issue is resolved 99% of the tension will be solved but I don't really blame either party. This was purposely done by the Brits- dividing countries and keeping disputes unresolved was their leaving gift to us and to many other victims of their empire. Keeping us both in constant hostility as a reminder of their divide and conquer policy and their legacy of colonialism.

By that logic even 1000 years of Islamic empire in India is a big lie as we had

Pandyan Empire : 6th century BCE –16th century

Chola dynasty : 300s BCE–1279 CE

Chera dynasty : 3rd century BCE - 10th century CE

Pallava dynasty : 275 CE–897 CE

Hoysala Empire : 1026–1343

Kakatiya dynasty : 1163–1323

Vijayanagara Empire : 1336–1646

Maratha Empire : 1674 to 1818

India & Pakistan cannot keep blaming British. It has been more than 65 years since Independence.

India and Pakistan needs to sort out the outstanding issues for the greater good of the people of the South Asia.

Hijab is to cover just the head, the burqa is the one which looks like there is a tent moving around. Learn the difference before trying to sound smart. Cheers.

big deal. The tent is what i meant...

Yes , british did use divide & rule bcos subcontinent ppl were stupid. But even after the british have gone away why hasnt the subcontinent coming out of it? Bcos they still remain as macaulay's children instead of growing up to mature smart adults.

My understanding is not any different than yours because i also think veil covering full face is not mandatory in Islam. I was simply saying that i or you have no right to impose our own understanding or like/dislike on others if they interpret the concept of hijab/modesty differently. It dont matter if women wear it for religious or cultural reason but as long as they wear it by their own choice then i am against using force to take their veil off. i am also against those who force women to wear it. If you force women to take off her veil then you are not any different than those extremist who force her to wear it

My understanding is not any different than yours because i also think veil covering full face is not mandatory in Islam. I was simply saying that i or you have no right to impose our own understanding or like/dislike on others if they interpret the concept of hijab/modesty differently. It dont matter if women wear it for religious or cultural reason but as long as they wear it by their own choice then i am against using force to take their veil off. i am also against those who force women to wear it. If you force women to take off her veil then you are not any different than those extremist who force her to wear it

As I understand this news is about ban on burka not hijab isn't?

Also, remember individual freedoms cannot be the expense of the freedom of others.

People in the West are currently very touchy about such issues with recent shootings in US, Paris, Bombings in London and Spain..

People in Burqa make people uncomfortable. You have to look from security perspective too.

As I understand this news is about ban on burka not hijab isn't?

Also, remember individual freedoms cannot be the expense of the freedom of others.

People in the West are currently very touchy about such issues with recent shootings in US, Paris, Bombings in London and Spain..

People in Burqa make people uncomfortable. You have to look from security perspective too.
You are not getting the point. Some women wear burqa by their own will for cultural or religious reasons for exmaple wmen in afghanistan and KSA. We may disagree with their interpretation of hijab but they should have freedom to decide it for themselves and it should not be the business of state to dictate people what they should or should not wear. security point is not valid point as women in veil also go through all security procedure at airports, banks, courts where its compulsory to reveal your identity for safety reasons..

I agree with damian green
[video]

Last edited:
You are not getting the point. Some women wear burqa by their will for cultural or religious reasons for exmaple wmen in afghanistan and KSA. We may disagree with their interpretation of hijab but they should have freedom to decide it for themselves and it should not be the business of state to dictate people what they should or should not wear. security point is not valid point as women in veil also go through all security procedure at airports, banks, courts where its compulsory to reveal your identity for safety reasons..

I agree with damian green
[video]

No I totally understand where you are coming from but you are not getting my point.

No one stops them from wearing a Burqa in their private life. It is the public posture which is contentious.

For example, Why is smoking banned in most of the public places? You can argue that government is taking away the person's right to smoke in public but in fact government is protecting the non-smokers right to not get exposed to smoke.

If he's smelling things which aren't there he might be having a stroke.:lol:

Hijab is to cover just the head, the burqa is the one which looks like there is a tent moving around. Learn the difference before trying to sound smart. Cheers.

No stroke. Just meters of unwashed polyester and questionable personal hygiene.

I feel sad to be honest. What you guys don't get, when you think we are just taking a dump on you.

We don't see the faces. But we see the eyes. And there is a haunted quality in them.

I don't really care what you dress your women in. But I believe no Indian woman should be made to wear this desert garb.

No I totally understand where you are coming from but you are not getting my point.

No one stops them from wearing a Burqa in their private life. It is the public posture which is contentious.

For example, Why is smoking banned in most of the public places? You can argue that government is taking away the person's right to smoke in public but in fact government is protecting the non-smokers right to not get exposed to smoke.
Smoking in public not only harming the health of smokers but also the health of others around them which is not the case with veil. Smoking can also create fire within building which is dangerous but women wearing veil in public has no affect on others. People could hide gun and could wear suicide jackes/coats but that dont mean we should go for banning jackets/coat in public

Smoking in public not only harming the health of smokers but also the health of others around them which is not the case with veil. Smoking can also create fire within building which is dangerous but women wearing veil in public has no affect on others. People could hide gun and could wear suicide jackes/coats but that dont mean we should go for banning jackets/coat in public

Fair enough. Then why is public nudity restricted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom