What's new

Breaking News | Chinese Moon Rover, showing signs of recovery!!!

Is Yutu fixed or dead ? I've been gone for 2 days on family business so no clue whats going on with the conflicting reports.

Update so it's still awake :bunny:.

Is Yutu fixed or dead ? I've been gone for 2 days on family business so no clue whats going on with the conflicting reports.

Update so it's still awake :bunny:.
It's transmitting, so the most important components are working. Now it's just a matter of determining whether the mechanical arm or wheel that is the source of the problem.

It's transmitting, so the most important components are working. Now it's just a matter of determining whether the mechanical arm or wheel that is the source of the problem.
Why China don't send the people there to fix it ?

From what I've read the servos for the solar panels were at fault. They couldn't collapse and protect Yutu during the duration of the Lunar night, which resulted in fears that the sensitive electrical components might not survive the night.

I bet that if the Chinese is not going to fix it by hand, it's useless at this moment !!!

Back
Top Bottom